STI vs cobalt ss/sc - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on STI vs cobalt ss/sc within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 Sporto is an actual word? Ray, you didn't hyphen...tisk tisk Isn't that like a Vinni Barbarino ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Sporto is an actual word?

Ray, you didn't hyphen...tisk tisk
    Isn't that like a Vinni Barbarino or Tony Danza saying?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 07STi8U View Post
    Let's meet. I would be very interested in seeing your SRT-4 from my Rear View Mirror. Seriously, let's meet. I'm about an hour from LAncaster.
    397whp/399wtq untuned 22psi pump gas.
    11.58@121 -slicks
    12.65@118 -street tires

thats what it says in the guys sig and you challenge him in a stock sti???

i'm not gonna read the cobalt forum thread, it will just upset me. I bet its the same thing as the rsx threads where they say beautiful things like "without the turbo they wouldnt be so fast" , only reason these things happen is a cobalt ss with a few mods takes on some sti on the freeway who has no clue what gear is good for him gives the guy a run and cobalt gets a jump then all this sh!t starts. I really love that one thread from clubrsx i think that was posted on here also about how street racing is basically bs and whoever gets the jump has such a huge advantage.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    love old ladies?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    MILFs FTW
    MILF's FTMFW (literally).
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    11.58@121 -slicks
    12.65@118 -street tires

i'm not gonna read the cobalt forum thread, it will just upset me. I bet its the same thing as the rsx threads where they say beautiful things like "without the turbo they wouldnt be so fast" , only reason these things happen is a cobalt ss with a few mods takes on some sti on the freeway who has no clue what gear is good for him gives the guy a run and cobalt gets a jump then all this sh!t starts. I really love that one thread from clubrsx i think that was posted on here also about how street racing is basically bs and whoever gets the jump has such a huge advantage.
    Its things like that tool's arguments that make me really entertained on this site
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    11.58@121 -slicks
    12.65@118 -street tires

and just an FYI...this was over a year ago...he is nearly double that same HP at this point.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Make it 55 miles and the winner is he who crosses the finish line first.
    if there is a gas station with in the assigned track i bet i can stop get a gallon go another 8-10miles then stop and do it all over again. well maybe not. Tortoise and the hare ftw win.

i dont know how someone can call them selves a car enthusiast and not at least respect another car. despite what it might be. and yes in the next few after 14months of waiting my srt should make over 600whp and if the trans hold together long enough to cut a low ten at around 130-135mph. will see tho.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jettore View Post
    I know the STI will easily win with all things equal, but I think part of the fun at the drag strip is watching faster cars get beat by slower cars with better drivers.
    I was at a 1/8th mile event a couple of months ago and watched a moped beat a riced out Honda civic.

No lie.

Of course, in that case it might be a toss up as to which was the deciding factor, the driver or the vehicle...
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    if there is a gas station with in the assigned track i bet i can stop get a gallon go another 8-10miles then stop and do it all over again. well maybe not. Tortoise and the hare ftw win.

i dont know how someone can call them selves a car enthusiast and not at least respect another car. despite what it might be. and yes in the next few after 14months of waiting my srt should make over 600whp and if the trans hold together long enough to cut a low ten at around 130-135mph. will see tho.
    I agree...I've never been a huge fan of teh SRT-Fasstaaaaarr, but I definitely respect it because it basically is the best bang for the buck when it comes to performance. And obviously you prove that when people do the correct things to it, it is a force to be reckoned with

I would love to see the dyno sheets or slips from whenever you get to that point
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I agree...I've never been a huge fan of teh SRT-Fasstaaaaarr, but I definitely respect it because it basically is the best bang for the buck when it comes to performance. And obviously you prove that when people do the correct things to it, it is a force to be reckoned with

I would love to see the dyno sheets or slips from whenever you get to that point
    take a look first time video of my mobile srt4 after over a year. i later paid the man in the bushes off to keep his mouth shut.

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...0907071400.flv

just joking about the spy in the bushes. new setup for the short version is a built bottom and top end. upgraded tranny input shaft and other pices. t61 turbo, 1000cc injectors and twin 225 pumps. standalone and all the rest of what you would exspect
    Last edited by 302@12psi; 09-08-2007 at 03:00 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

take a look first time video of my mobile srt4 after over a year. i later paid the man in the bushes off to keep his mouth shut.

He really trying to spy on you and what you were doing to your car?

Video of what?

What excactly is it you are trying to show us in the video?

What excactly is it you are trying to show us in the video?
    If you listen...sounds like a raw ass engine to me...powerful as all hell...

Footage

Can you show me the mods to your car? You got a link somewhere?

I Support ClubWRX
    +1
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Can you show me the mods to your car? You got a link somewhere?
    TRAINREX can i have your permission to bash this guy?? please.

dude wtf are you saying, this car would make your car look like a snail EVEN if you went as big as a gt35r you probably still couldn't hang with the guy, can you get your narrowminded head out of your arse and just respect the car for what it is?

oh and the guy your asking for his mod list, just take a look at his sig, its not hard.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast