STI vs cobalt ss/sc - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on STI vs cobalt ss/sc within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jettore What's even worse, that guy doesn't have a SC Cobalt. He's driving the NA 2.4 and ...

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jettore View Post
    What's even worse, that guy doesn't have a SC Cobalt. He's driving the NA 2.4 and has a 1/4 mile trap of 90 MPH. I don't know if he could beat any of the cars he has listed. He doesn't seem to be the fan favorite on their forum either.
    Haha, I didn't even realize he only had the base model. No wonder his kill list is pathetic (if he really did beat them). I actually had a guy in the base model Cobalt 2.4L trying to toy with me in traffic last night. I was shifting at about 3-4k driving normally and he was trying to keep up, his acceleration was weak to say the least.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    'frumarollers' have this in their bible
    im thinking about getting frmarol for my new liscense plate. no seriously i am. scott the car should be ready for pick up this weekend. so ill have more news shortly.

every car has its strong points and week points when racing and you will always cater to them. awd from a dig fwd from a rol. in street racing there arnt any rules. if your complaing about racing from a roll take it to a legal track where the cars can properly equip them selves for a stoped quarter mile. on slicks i can cut 1.7 60ft which makes the all mighty awd just something holding you back past the 60ft mark. but on the street/street tires its a whole nother story. although its fun to run a mid-low 12 but trap over 130mph lol.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jettore View Post
    Looking at the SS forums, the best drivers can get into the low 14's at 98-99 mph with a couple at 100. So if a bad driver in an STI runs into the better SS driver, the SS could win.

As in most cases the driver is potentially the variable to beware of.
    Maybe if he is blind and launching in 5th gear moving down in gears

If an STI driver can't get a 13.6 or 13.7 even without a launch, they shouldn't even be driving a Subaru period
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    im thinking about getting frmarol for my new liscense plate. no seriously i am. scott the car should be ready for pick up this weekend. so ill have more news shortly.

every car has its strong points and week points when racing and you will always cater to them. awd from a dig fwd from a rol. in street racing there arnt any rules. if your complaing about racing from a roll take it to a legal track where the cars can properly equip them selves for a stoped quarter mile. on slicks i can cut 1.7 60ft which makes the all mighty awd just something holding you back past the 60ft mark. but on the street/street tires its a whole nother story. although its fun to run a mid-low 12 but trap over 130mph lol.
    awd is more fun than fwd
    ~Selah

I'll race them in the snow or rain...
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    I'll race them in the snow or rain...
    Don't forget your BOV and MBC!!!

Oh yeah, you want a CAI too, one that gets really low so the water and snow can make the air colder by going into the intake!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

STi vs SRT-4 at Legally Sanctioned Track

OK, let me clearify;

a) I hate all things MOPAR. Especially the ungly, FWD SRT-4. Therefore I will, whenever possible, trash talk them "ALL DAY LONG" until they get so pissed, they threaten to race me at a Legally Sanctioned Track!

b) I've haven't lost a race yet to an SRT-4. Many reasons come to mind, but I'll keep it short for the interest of time. My brother has an SRT-4 and we've switched up many times. I can't beat my STi and he can't beat my STi!

c) Yes, it's true. You got me.... I'm a new '07 STi owner and yes, I do have a GOD-LIKE complex about the car (for good reason). And, yes I've be beaten by just about every other STi out there due to my ego. But, don't you remember your first time behind the wheel of one? I do.

d)Wanna race?

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    As was pointed out...this wasn't about the SRT4s.

However...would you care to make a little wager on a race with 2004NeonSRT4 at a legally sanctioned track? If so, I'll be happy to put my money on him. Believe me...you don't want any of that. Seriously, I realize that being the new owner of an STi makes it seem like everyone one else is at warp factor zero to your 11, but you should recognize that in a straight up race, even when stock, an SRT4 is a good matchup with an STi. All things being equal, a stock STi will beat a stock SRT4 in the quarter for sure. From a roll, it's a LOT closer. And with some mods, dollar for dollar, the SRT4 is actually quite a bit faster.

I Support ClubWRX
    Why "hate all things Mopar"? Seems like a waste of valuable life energy.

I'm thinking a Viper will give you a run for your money at a legally sanctioned track, sporto.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Fast and the Furious 4 : The Mopar Vendetta "One man in one STi draws the line"
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Fast and the Furious 4 : The Mopar Vendetta "One man in one STi draws the line"
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

Simple trash talk, relax....

Nobody cares that I hate MOPAR and I don't care that you can spell sporto.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Why "hate all things Mopar"? Seems like a waste of valuable life energy.

I'm thinking a Viper will give you a run for your money at a legally sanctioned track, sporto.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 07STi8U View Post
    Simple trash talk, relax....

Nobody cares that I hate MOPAR and I don't care that you can spell sporto.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 07STi8U View Post
    OK, let me clearify;

a) I hate all things MOPAR. Especially the ungly, FWD SRT-4. Therefore I will, whenever possible, trash talk them "ALL DAY LONG" until they get so pissed, they threaten to race me at a Legally Sanctioned Track!

b) I've haven't lost a race yet to an SRT-4. Many reasons come to mind, but I'll keep it short for the interest of time. My brother has an SRT-4 and we've switched up many times. I can't beat my STi and he can't beat my STi!

c) Yes, it's true. You got me.... I'm a new '07 STi owner and yes, I do have a GOD-LIKE complex about the car (for good reason). And, yes I've be beaten by just about every other STi out there due to my ego. But, don't you remember your first time behind the wheel of one? I do.

d)Wanna race?

If I was a smart, educated, gambling man I'd bet the SRT-4 in question here would not only take your money and the win but would look good doing it.

I highly doubt YB is going to want to run you in his vehicle.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

BTW, where is there a venue holding sanctioned events in the SE PA region? Anybody know where I can go to find the info out? Maybe Subaru?

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I highly doubt YB is going to want to run you in his vehicle.
    He'd dominate an STI in his new car though.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.