STI vs cobalt ss/sc - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on STI vs cobalt ss/sc within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by cavallino333 Yeah I have no personal experience with them. Definitely not a car I'd buy. A wise ...

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Yeah I have no personal experience with them. Definitely not a car I'd buy.
    A wise choice my friend. You seem to naturally steer towards trouble free, quality cars.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

locally here there is a guy that went through a long block, and then a short block under warranty while it was bone stock, then he did a pulley/ reflash and tore his tranny a new one, he will swear agianst these cars and he owns one.
    2002 SRP wrx mt sedan
    AP v2.0 stg 2

Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    I hesitate to post this, and may delete it. Needless to say, posting on the Cobalt forums will do no good.

http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74332

Those Cobalt guys are idiots. If they had ANY sense at all, they wouldn't waste their time with STi/Evolution. They'd go straight to Lambos.
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by wrxlude View Post

Those Cobalt guys are idiots. If they had ANY sense at all, they wouldn't waste their time with STi/Evolution. They'd go straight to Lambos.
    I read a bit of that too. Some real gems in there.
    ~Selah

I Support ClubWRX
    IBcobaltss.netguysstartpostinghere
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 07STi8U View Post
    Let's meet. I would be very interested in seeing your SRT-4 from my Rear View Mirror. Seriously, let's meet. I'm about an hour from LAncaster.

As was pointed out...this wasn't about the SRT4s.

However...would you care to make a little wager on a race with 2004NeonSRT4 at a legally sanctioned track? If so, I'll be happy to put my money on him. Believe me...you don't want any of that. Seriously, I realize that being the new owner of an STi makes it seem like everyone one else is at warp factor zero to your 11, but you should recognize that in a straight up race, even when stock, an SRT4 is a good matchup with an STi. All things being equal, a stock STi will beat a stock SRT4 in the quarter for sure. From a roll, it's a LOT closer. And with some mods, dollar for dollar, the SRT4 is actually quite a bit faster.
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 09-05-2007 at 05:53 AM.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Banned
    Ibraybanseveryoneofthem

Quote Originally Posted by clown from cobaltss forum View Post
    I have to say I test drove an Evo (I can't remember what year it was) and it was EXTREMELY slow...I was really disappointed. I did test drive a slightly modded 05 STi and that car moved...no way in hell would it compete with our Cobalt
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

i was amused with the line about the car being 10k cheaper and BETTER LOOKING?? I guess some people say cucumbers taste better pickled

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    This thread on CobaltSS.net just made me puke in my trash can. These guys are teh new f4st4rrrr with about 20 less whp and less modding ability. Check out the original poster's "kill list", some pretty impressive kills here:

Kills: 06 Mazda 6, 05 Acura RSX, 06 Tiburon GT, 06 Mustang V6, 05 Scion tC, 06 Civic Si, Camaro Z28, RX8, 04' SC430, dead even with 350Z, 06 Eclipse GT.

Quote Originally Posted by 06PearlWRX View Post
    ya and if the STi only has three wheels and the cobalt has a jet pack it could be a close race. if you wanna know which car is actually faster, especially stock, you can't take into acount bad driving / wacky what ifs. but in the real world, yes i suppose a cobalt being driven by none other than vin diesel could stand a chance against a blind man with no limbs driving an STi in reverse.
    +1, I really hate these random ass conditions people come up with.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dayooper View Post
    Which is faster completely stock Sti or the ss/sc in a drag
    To the OP. Ummm...in case you haven't realized it yet, the STi is in another league.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

something that has always bothered me was this "from a roll" BS, like thats one of the reasons STI and EVO are well liked is for the AWD and thats why they take ss/cs and all those others.. like if someone pulled up and said, "hey wanna race from a rolling start" its giving them an advantage that I wouldn't need because my car would be ready to go. I don't know if anything I just said made sense but I tried to get my point across.

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    This thread on CobaltSS.net just made me puke in my trash can. These guys are teh new f4st4rrrr with about 20 less whp and less modding ability. Check out the original poster's "kill list", some pretty impressive kills here:

Kills: 06 Mazda 6, 05 Acura RSX, 06 Tiburon GT, 06 Mustang V6, 05 Scion tC, 06 Civic Si, Camaro Z28, RX8, 04' SC430, dead even with 350Z, 06 Eclipse GT.

+1, I really hate these random ass conditions people come up with.
    What's even worse, that guy doesn't have a SC Cobalt. He's driving the NA 2.4 and has a 1/4 mile trap of 90 MPH. I don't know if he could beat any of the cars he has listed. He doesn't seem to be the fan favorite on their forum either.

The best was the comment about how quarter times mean nothing, only trap speed.
    ~Selah

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    The best was the comment about how quarter times mean nothing, only trap speed.
    'frumarollers' have this in their bible
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast