WRX vs.. the parking lot!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs.. the parking lot! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How do you park? Any tips and tricks to prevent door dings from phone yielding, non paying attention drivers who ...

WRX vs.. the parking lot!

How do you park? Any tips and tricks to prevent door dings from phone yielding, non paying attention drivers who might run their shopping cart into your car or open their doors into yours? Parking far away can help, but does that make you a target for other things?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sometimes i park next to people with really really nice cars because they generally care enough as some people dont
    sr20det s13 240sx - sold

05 Silver WRX (Looking for wingless trunk OR STI trunk)

I usually park in the back of the lot, and next to some sort of curb. I pull as close as I can to the curb so If someone were to park next to me it would be almost impossible for them to hit my car with their door...
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    i park next to subaru wagons when i can... sedans after that and i prefer to park in the open space when there are no subies around.

I Support ClubWRX
    Park kind of in the rear of places but not in the middle of no where. And also try to find other nicer cars to park next to as be stated.

I am a little bit anal still but have come to terms with the fact that I'll more then likely have this car for 5 years or more so it's going to get dinged.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I try to park next to nice cars, but alas i found a ding in my door yesterday, at a grand total of 3200 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldar142 View Post
    sometimes i park next to people with really really nice cars because they generally care enough as some people dont
    Same here I try to do the same..
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

yeah i agree as well, park next to nice cars if you have a choice. I noticed that alot of times corvette, bmw's, evo's, proches and all kinds of nice cars tent to park next to me. If you can park next to a nice car, i actually try to park next to civics that have exhausts and what not ( only the clean looking ones, the ones that look like the rims cost more than the car i stay away from.)

I park in the middle of two spots at work... that way i got a half a parking spot on each side of the car.... i'm not sure if i could actually get towed for that but its never happened
    Bugeye Mafia #125 - And Proud Of It!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Robman7835 View Post
    I usually park in the back of the lot, and next to some sort of curb. I pull as close as I can to the curb so If someone were to park next to me it would be almost impossible for them to hit my car with their door...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldar142 View Post

Exactly.. I park in a row w/ no cars, or on a row w/ an end spot so I can park as close to the line/curb as possible. If no other option, I park next to really nice cars with no paint chips on the door edges. I have turned off my car, seen chips on door edges on a beamer and pulled out of that spot before to find another.

Other people don't like to ride in my car because they know that they will have to walk a mile to get where we're going from the parking spot.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    FAAAARRRR, far away and end spots, as mentioned. I try to drive the truck when I think I'm going to be parking in a high-risk area.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I just made a fake HC sticker. Now i park right up front, big wide spaces.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Haha I parked my cobra in the grass (if there was an open spot in the curb) a few times but i gene3raelly parked by nicer vehicles and I see other nice cars parked by it periodically when I would come out
    Tomorrow isn't a guarantee.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    An end spot next to a concrete curb.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

well see i first park my car then i rope off bout 5 ft away in every direction. only down side is if someone takes on the poles that i use to rope off my car n throws it at my car it might hurt my lil subie.
    Blobeye Syndicate #666

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.