Subaru WRX Forum banner

Stock WRX vs. Stock Nissan Sentra SER?

6K views 54 replies 20 participants last post by  yo vanilla 
#1 ·
This kid I know want to race me with his stock Nissan Sentra SER. I have an 03 WRX completely stock. I wanted to know what this race will be like. I would consider myself a pretty good driver and know how to get a good launch with my car. What will this race look like, who will win? Not very familiar with the Sentras but I know they are pretty quick and nice cars.

#4 ·
I'm just here to say that this is in the wrong forum (should be in the WRX vs. The World).

That is all... carry on.

#6 ·
Is it one of the new ones? If so, I'm inclined to agree with RAFFY. However, if it's one of the mid 90s 200sx SE-Rs, be careful, as it could have an SR20DET swap in it. One of those properly built, could easily walk you (like a gutted, boosted CRX would).

#7 ·
what year sentra is it and is it spec-v or jsut se-r, manual or auto?

I drove an SE-R for a few years. I think it's a great car for its class. But your WRX wll destroy it... If he's in an automatic you'll be 200 feet down the road before his transmission decides it wants to do anything. if he's in a manual you'll just beat him by brute force. This isn't even a contest.

#16 ·
:eek:

This sounds rather naughty...

#19 ·
first thing i'll say is that street racing is for zero's, race tracks are for hero's :D (but seriously i mean it).

it isn't a contest unless you can't drive for shat. i've owned both an 03 wrx and a 03 spec v. the spec v is a 15 flat car with the best of drivers, and the wrx is a 15 flat car with the worst of drivers. so if you both suck you'll still win by at least a half-second lol

#20 ·
Wait, you said it was a Sentra...right?

Ok, thats all i needed.

#21 ·
My younger brother has a Spec-V with quite a few bolt-ons. It's almost as fast as my 350Z. The QR25DE is a tough bugger.

#22 ·
The car is a completely stock Sentra SER not spec v. Not sure on year but it is a newer one and it is a manual with no modifications, I do know that. I thought I would win I just know nothing about the sentras. I think its going to be a joke, maybe i should go from a roll to make the race more interesting.

#26 ·

#46 ·
Many illegal things are fun - speeding happens to be one of them.

"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."

#52 ·
its all fun and games until someone gets hurt. maybe that's cliche'd, but in all seriousness there are too many things that can happen in the public domain. hey even the very best professional race car drivers make mistakes, big ones sometimes.

#53 ·
Yeah, they're called "accidents".

Some people live life on the very safe side - and that's a very smart thing in most cases. However, enjoyment in my case usually involves some measure of risk. I did quite a bit of experimenting when I was younger, had plenty of unprotected sex and consumed a great deal of things I shouldn't have ... was it worth it? Was I lucky? I say "yes" others may disagree - but life is ultimately a subjective matter until fate steps in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.