Stock WRX vs. Stock Nissan Sentra SER? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Stock WRX vs. Stock Nissan Sentra SER? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Many illegal things are fun - speeding happens to be one of them. "In a closed society where everybody's guilty, ...

Many illegal things are fun - speeding happens to be one of them.

"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    No no, they had force fields in place in the shuttle bay of the NG Enterprise, as well as in their brig. I can quote episodes if needed.
    I used to watch The Next Generation every day... they were shields dammit!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

Something's not free, so you have the right to endanger others. Makes good sense.
    lol I drive like an old person and never race. But i believe making the local racetrack free or something like that would definately encourage less street racing the most

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by momolicious View Post
    lol I drive like an old person and never race. But i believe making the local racetrack free or something like that would definately encourage less street racing the most
    How do you propose to compensate the owner of the track, so he can pay for his insurance/property taxes/maintenance cost/mortgage/etc? The world's rarely so simple, unfortunately. If the local government subsidizes it, it'll still have to be paid by someone. (taxpayers)

No, at the end of the day I believe in discouraging the behavior with harsh penalties, since innocent folk can come to harm as a result of the activity.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

How do you propose to compensate the owner of the track, so he can pay for his insurance/property taxes/maintenance cost/mortgage/etc? The world's rarely so simple, unfortunately. If the local government subsidizes it, it'll still have to be paid by someone. (taxpayers)

No, at the end of the day I believe in discouraging the behavior with harsh penalties, since innocent folk can come to harm as a result of the activity.
    +1 harsh penalties are in place and they work. The dumb get caught. I have my fun - in a reasonable manner (to me), and I have 0 points on my license. I use a good radar detector, watch the flow of traffic for changes which would indicate a cop car ahead, and to be honest - if I even have a slight inkling of suspicsion that a car could be a cop car (patrol/unmarked), I don't speed.

Skill or Luck, probably both - but the results are working for me.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    +1 harsh penalties are in place and they work. The dumb get caught. I have my fun - in a reasonable manner (to me), and I have 0 points on my license. I use a good radar detector, watch the flow of traffic for changes which would indicate a cop car ahead, and to be honest - if I even have a slight inkling of suspicsion that a car could be a cop car (patrol/unmarked), I don't speed.

Skill or Luck, probably both - but the results are working for me.
    Thats the same thing I do...brakelights of the vehicles in front of you are key, and knowing all possible hiding spots where a cop could be and just slowing to an acceptable speed when approaching those spots...hath saved me many a time...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

its all fun and games until someone gets hurt. maybe that's cliche'd, but in all seriousness there are too many things that can happen in the public domain. hey even the very best professional race car drivers make mistakes, big ones sometimes.
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

Quote Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
    its all fun and games until someone gets hurt. maybe that's cliche'd, but in all seriousness there are too many things that can happen in the public domain. hey even the very best professional race car drivers make mistakes, big ones sometimes.
    Yeah, they're called "accidents".

Some people live life on the very safe side - and that's a very smart thing in most cases. However, enjoyment in my case usually involves some measure of risk. I did quite a bit of experimenting when I was younger, had plenty of unprotected sex and consumed a great deal of things I shouldn't have ... was it worth it? Was I lucky? I say "yes" others may disagree - but life is ultimately a subjective matter until fate steps in.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Yeah, they're called "accidents".

Some people live life on the very safe side - and that's a very smart thing in most cases. However, enjoyment in my case usually involves some measure of risk. I did quite a bit of experimenting when I was younger, had plenty of unprotected sex and consumed a great deal of things I shouldn't have ... was it worth it? Was I lucky? I say "yes" others may disagree - but life is ultimately a subjective matter until fate steps in.
    There's personal risk, and then there's unwisely risking the safety of others. I'm fine with one, and agree with your feelings about it...I have moral problems with the other.

I've jumped out of an airplane at 12,500 feet, but the only one in danger was me.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

There's personal risk, and then there's unwisely risking the safety of others. I'm fine with one, and agree with your feelings about it...I have moral problems with the other.

I've jumped out of an airplane at 12,500 feet, but the only one in danger was me.
    this is exactly what i feel. take all the risks with yourself that you want - thats cool and the gang. really, i like a little bit of risky business myself . but, among other things, screwing around in your car on the street creates risk for everyone else in your proximity. that is not cool in any way shape or form. no matter how semi-skilled a guy is nor lucky up to right now.
    Last edited by yo vanilla; 09-08-2007 at 06:00 PM.
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234