Stock WRX vs. Stock Nissan Sentra SER? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock WRX vs. Stock Nissan Sentra SER? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Micah -1 is the guy talking bout the spec v or regular sentra? i thought the regular ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post

is the guy talking bout the spec v or regular sentra? i thought the regular sentra .. even the spec v is a gay car haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by subz View Post
    is the guy talking bout the spec v or regular sentra? i thought the regular sentra .. even the spec v is a gay car haha
    He's talking about a Sentra SE-R, and you said that a regular 2.5 Impreza(non-turbo) would beat it. That's why I put -1.

2004 Subaru Impreza RS 2.5 (manual) 7.9 15.9
    2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 7.2 15.4

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

Over half a second quicker to 60, and a half second faster in the quarter. It's a simple matter of HP and drivetrain losses between the two cars.

IMHO the Spec-V had a nicer interior than a WRX from what I've seen. The QR25DE is a great engine, plenty of people pushing 7psi on T3's. Also the VQ35 can be swapped from the Altima into the Sentra to make one mean little sleeper. I'd consider a VQ swapped Sentra a better sleeper than an STI swapped WRX due to the larger gains by a not so slight margin.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by subz View Post
    Have you actually driven one?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Have you actually driven one?

+2, at least, maybe 3

the se-r and the spec v are very nice cars... I don't like the new sentras, but having driven a 2004 se-r until its untimely demise, I can say they are nice cars for their class. Hardly gay.

Banned
    yeh micah i thought he meant the regular one ... ive herd those have mech. issues as alot of people complain bout them .. someone on here told me that

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    He's talking about a Sentra SE-R, and you said that a regular 2.5 Impreza(non-turbo) would beat it. That's why I put -1.

2004 Subaru Impreza RS 2.5 (manual) 7.9 15.9
    2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 7.2 15.4

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

Over half a second quicker to 60, and a half second faster in the quarter. It's a simple matter of HP and drivetrain losses between the two cars.

IMHO the Spec-V had a nicer interior than a WRX from what I've seen. The QR25DE is a great engine, plenty of people pushing 7psi on T3's. Also the VQ35 can be swapped from the Altima into the Sentra to make one mean little sleeper. I'd consider a VQ swapped Sentra a better sleeper than an STI swapped WRX due to the larger gains by a not so slight margin.
    Amen to that brotha. I loved my SE-R.

Something's not free, so you have the right to endanger others. Makes good sense.
    I guess it would if you were dumb enough to race somewhere that endangers 'others'.
    06 WRX TR CGM {stock} Hawke-Eye #28
    Raysfield- "We don't get much snow, and I don't drive aggressively in the rain, so kind of irrelevant."
    .:Truth:.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CaRboNaDo View Post
    I guess it would if you were dumb enough to race somewhere that endangers 'others'.
    You know, I've been watching this forum for quite a long time, and have had time to see a lot of streetracing stories go by. 99.9% of the stories do NOT mention the isolated business park with Star Trek force fields in place to prevent the accidental intrusion of another car. I suppose it's just an omission.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

You know, I've been watching this forum for quite a long time, and have had time to see a lot of streetracing stories go by. 99.9% of the stories do NOT mention the isolated business park with Star Trek force fields in place to prevent the accidental intrusion of another car. I suppose it's just an omission.
    Link to that 0.1% please.

I could have used something like this this past weekend to to pacify the guy who wanted to race me in his VW Jetta.
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

well, its such an obvious given that its not even worth the time to type out anymore
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

They're called shields Ray... duh.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    They're called shields Ray... duh.
    No no, they had force fields in place in the shuttle bay of the NG Enterprise, as well as in their brig. I can quote episodes if needed.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    ...I can quote episodes if needed.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
    well, its such an obvious given that its not even worth the time to type out anymore
    Touche.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

No no, they had force fields in place in the shuttle bay of the NG Enterprise, as well as in their brig. I can quote episodes if needed.
    Not only are you old...but you're an old Trekky...

I loved Enterprise as a kid though...had all the figures, the transporter room playset, and the Bridge playset
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast