stage 2 wagon vs db9 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on stage 2 wagon vs db9 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SonicWagon i am semi familiar with the high end flappy paddle gearboxes they blip the throttle on ...

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    i am semi familiar with the high end flappy paddle gearboxes they blip the throttle on downshift and they are faster around the Track as well as a straight line, with heavy downshifting they are ok. audi DsG is a sweet Gearbox, i had the pleasure of driving a bently Gt with a flappy paddle that was nice. I drove the New TT this summer with a DSG as well and that was cool. upshifts were hella fast.
    and ive read about people driving the ferrari

I'm just saying Computers are faster not more fun we all know fun is clutching.
    Yup makes sense I actually forgot about the "TOP Gear" video clips where they did the tests with the F1 style trannies and they do blip the throttle and that is cool, makes it more like a manual. Well my next car is going to be either G35 auto or propably g37 by then (probably 3 or 4 years down the road from now) or a Lexus IS350 which only comes with auto and the paddles. The new high end auto transmissions are getting so much better that the sacrifice of fun is minimized and the comfort of not having to shift in heavy traffic is a big plus.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by subaru_crazy View Post
    Yup makes sense I actually forgot about the "TOP Gear" video clips where they did the tests with the F1 style trannies and they do blip the throttle and that is cool, makes it more like a manual. Well my next car is going to be either G35 auto or propably g37 by then (probably 3 or 4 years down the road from now) or a Lexus IS350 which only comes with auto and the paddles. The new high end auto transmissions are getting so much better that the sacrifice of fun is minimized and the comfort of not having to shift in heavy traffic is a big plus.
    while that is true my mom had a miniS 6spd then traded for a miniS convertable with the flappy paddles and that car is no longer fun to drive.

Top Gear Is my Bible, Jeremy Clarkson is my Mohammed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.