stage 2 wagon vs db9 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on stage 2 wagon vs db9 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by deadbeatdude i was drivin down the road when a brand new db9 shot past me like a ...

Quote Originally Posted by deadbeatdude View Post
    i was drivin down the road when a brand new db9 shot past me like a bolt of lightning. didnt think much of it at the time but then the light up ahead turned red and i got to line up against him. knowing full well i didnt stand a chance i went for it anyways. light turn green and i gave it all i got through first and half of sencond he was just a lil in front then he went into second and just started pulling hard on me... well into third i was still only about a car and a half back but traffic made us back off. i dont think he was into it all the way but my lil wagon did pretty well against a high price sports car. i dont street race nor think its right but i knew i wouldnt get a chance like this on the track so i went for it. it was still a loss but i bet he was suprised at how i hung on for a little bit
    Yeah but you do have to realize that as soon as you would have to shift into 4th he would have left you like you were standing still... I did the same against E55 AMG mercedes 1st I jumped about quarter car ahead and kept that lead through 2nd but when 3rd came around he started plulling and was about car and a half ahead before 4th and once i shifted to 4th he started running away....over and out
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    <looks at watch>
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

haha is that becasuse the original post was from a month ago??

Kartboy short shifter

Quote Originally Posted by subaru_crazy View Post
    haha is that becasuse the original post was from a month ago??
    Not as bad as the classifieds where someone asked yesterday if an emblem was still for sale from 3 years ago...

Sad thing is...the OP/Seller actually replied today!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    DBS>db9>vanquish

one launch in a vanquish and you can kisss the tranny goodbye,plus db9 is aluminum sex vanquish is a sexy version of a 1999 jaguar..

vanquish too much money

oh and They are both v12....

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    DBS>db9>vanquish

one launch in a vanquish and you can kisss the tranny goodbye,plus db9 is aluminum sex vanquish is a sexy version of a 1999 jaguar..

vanquish too much money

oh and They are both v12....
    Two sarcastic comments to go with this one:

How many trannies have you dropped in your Vanquish

-OR-

They put a WRX tranny in the Vanquish???
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post

-OR-

just looking out for you, dont want anybody wasting their money

-OR-

2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post

Ahem... cough cough

"In other news relating to the Vanquish, Aston Martin's Works Service division has announced the availability of a kit that will allow existing customers to have their cars converted from the standard paddle-shifter setup to a true stick-shift manual gearbox"

" the underlying problem with the Vanquish paddleshift transmission. It's a semi-automatic paddleshift which has had many problems."

" the DB9 has an awesome gearbox it’s purely the Vanquish with the gearbox issues."

"At the topgear testrack the transmission broke down twice. This is exactly why Aston Martin are offering existing owners the alternative of a proper manual. The major problem with the car was it's manual paddleshift.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/13/a...imate-edition/

Ahem... cough cough

"In other news relating to the Vanquish, Aston Martin's Works Service division has announced the availability of a kit that will allow existing customers to have their cars converted from the standard paddle-shifter setup to a true stick-shift manual gearbox"

" the underlying problem with the Vanquish paddleshift transmission. It's a semi-automatic paddleshift which has had many problems."

" the DB9 has an awesome gearbox itís purely the Vanquish with the gearbox issues."

"At the topgear testrack the transmission broke down twice. This is exactly why Aston Martin are offering existing owners the alternative of a proper manual. The major problem with the car was it's manual paddleshift.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/13/a...imate-edition/

Wow...I'd rather have a standard manual anyway. Paddles are gay...I like Teh Clutch

Wow...I'd rather have a standard manual anyway. Paddles are gay...I like Teh Clutch
    well the argument is that a computer is faster.... we know that is true when you are worried about scrubbing seconds off a lap time.

i like my stick and if i was buying i'd have a zonda with a stick.
    a guy can dream cant he?

My mother lives in london and she got a miniS 6sp chili package with the 17s with a hardtop when they first came out That was a great car, she goes and trades it in on a 2006 MiniS convertable with the
    paddles
    i no longer care to drive her car.
    but her boyfriend has a Bentley GT with the paddles and it of course is a great drive.

all im saying is it depends on what car your talking about.

well the argument is that a computer is faster.... we know that is true when you are worried about scrubbing seconds off a lap time.

i like my stick and if i was buying i'd have a zonda with a stick.
    a guy can dream cant he?

My mother lives in london and she got a miniS 6sp chili package with the 17s with a hardtop when they first came out That was a great car, she goes and trades it in on a 2006 MiniS convertable with the
    paddles
    i no longer care to drive her car.
    but her boyfriend has a Bentley GT with the paddles and it of course is a great drive.

all im saying is it depends on what car your talking about.

you do raise a very good point sir...like to me...SMG tranny on an M3 is purely pointless...give me that butter m3 6-speed

That maybe true when going straight foreward however when you try to switch gears at random there is a delay between your input and when the tranny actually shifts, now this is comming from my expirience of driving cars with auto as high up as an infiniti G35 but that delay might be better on the F1 style that's in the M3, I can't comment on that. I would be interested in the comparsion from some one that did, but I think it might be the same. I would also want to drive the AUDI DSG auto which supposed to be super fast becasue it holds 2gears ready and should shift faster, hmmm I got to visit the Audi dealer for a road test .

Kartboy short shifter

Quote Originally Posted by subaru_crazy View Post
    That maybe true when going straight foreward however when you try to switch gears at random there is a delay between your input and when the tranny actually shifts, now this is comming from my expirience of driving cars with auto as high up as an infiniti G35 but that delay might be better on the F1 style that's in the M3, I can't comment on that. I would be interested in the comparsion from some one that did, but I think it might be the same. I would also want to drive the AUDI DSG auto which supposed to be super fast becasue it holds 2gears ready and should shift faster, hmmm I got to visit the Audi dealer for a road test .
    i am semi familiar with the high end flappy paddle gearboxes they blip the throttle on downshift and they are faster around the Track as well as a straight line, with heavy downshifting they are ok. audi DsG is a sweet Gearbox, i had the pleasure of driving a bently Gt with a flappy paddle that was nice. I drove the New TT this summer with a DSG as well and that was cool. upshifts were hella fast.
    and ive read about people driving the ferrari

I'm just saying Computers are faster not more fun we all know fun is clutching.
    Last edited by SonicWagon; 09-09-2007 at 07:32 PM.

Don't knock the Paddle shifters until you have tried them.

I have had the pleasure of driving a Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale with the F1 paddles and I loved every second of it. That was one of the most fun experiemces of my life hammering on that car.

I am now looking for an M3, or an M5/M6 (if the prices keep freefalling) with the SMG transmission. My left knee is all screwed up and the SMG is a great way for me to have a manual tranny and none of the knee pain. It's a win-win for me.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.