$$$ WRX vs 92 CIVIC Swapped ADVICE $$$
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on $$$ WRX vs 92 CIVIC Swapped ADVICE $$$ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; alright here is the deal i basically got 02 wrx with: AP 2.5, VF34, sti inj., samco hoses, up, downpipe, ...

$$$ WRX vs 92 CIVIC Swapped ADVICE $$$

alright here is the deal

i basically got 02 wrx with: AP 2.5, VF34, sti inj., samco hoses, up, downpipe, catback, all catless, cobb sf intake, eibach (for launching), couple weight reductions and some other misc.

anyway here is the questionable competition (i dont know much about hondas),

supposedley a 92 civic probably stripped down to the max, with a b16 swap not sure if vtec probably non vtec, with p&p heads, cams, sleeved, some sort of forged pistons, probably exhaust and a 75 shot ot the gas (nos), not sure what else done probably some timing advance and some other crap

but what do you guys think racing from a dead stop, even with his lil baby shot of nos.

this could end up in a VERY VERY LARGE CASH RACE, so any input would deffinetely be appreciated.
    (off road race not intending on street racing for all that may be concerned)
    2002 bugeyes
    It just looks stock . . .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

N/a B16?
    rumble young man, rumble...

Quote Originally Posted by Maccgyver
    ...Sounds like we got a vh-1 storyteller here...

its still a honda, but i've seen those run 12's at the track before
    Driving a WRX is like having a big d*ck; it's not immediately obvious to everyone, but you have to just rest assured that when it comes time to put it to use, you won't need to explain a whole lot afterwards!!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...07/devilZ1.jpg

How fast are you gonna race till? If over 85 you will lose. If he has all of the mods you say.

And by the way you retard timing for spray.

My buddies CRX(a little lighter) is stripped, with b16,lsd,75 shot, studerbox,2 step(launch control),header, inteake,clutch,and slicks runs 12.1@113 and thats with stock motor.

run him.... from a stop

If he was turbocharged with a built engine, I would have told you to turn on your heel, and walk away....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

oh yea it will be from a stop. definetely.

i am sure he will lose quite a bit of traction on the take off.

just kinda hesitant of this one since i havent seen any of em with these mods in action.

thnaks for all the input guys keep it comin.
    2002 bugeyes

race him for 20. but over that i think he'll pull you down up top either way.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I NEED SOME MORE MODS!!!!

donations will be very appreciated. paypal to sksangelsks@yahoo.com
    2002 bugeyes

you know., this sucks, i waited and waited and waited on this car to come to the US for years and it finally does, so i go get the first year 02 model, and then i mod it, and mod it, and spend all my extra cash on it. and at the end of the day i cant beat a honda and i am not even as fast as the stock 06 model wrxs. this sucks
    2002 bugeyes

To your credit, it's nowhere near a stock honda - if you had comperable mods you'd probably beat it. Kinda like comparing a stock camaro to a full blown mustang drag car. apples to oranges. Also, the '06's just have more power, period - back in '02 there was no way to predict that. So...yeah it sucks but dont be so hard on yourself.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by fatalbertswrx
    you know., this sucks, i waited and waited and waited on this car to come to the US for years and it finally does, so i go get the first year 02 model, and then i mod it, and mod it, and spend all my extra cash on it. and at the end of the day i cant beat a honda and i am not even as fast as the stock 06 model wrxs. this sucks
    Good drivers with Cobb 2.5 have dipped into the 12's. Good drivers with the 06's are hitting mid to high 13's.

If you want a few more HP, pony up for a fuel pump, Ebay TMIC, and a protune. You should be able to hit about 275whp with that setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Good drivers with Cobb 2.5 have dipped into the 12's. Good drivers with the 06's are hitting mid to high 13's.

If you want a few more HP, pony up for a fuel pump, Ebay TMIC, and a protune. You should be able to hit about 275whp with that setup.

i got a walboro sittin here just wasnt gonna install it till COBB if ever, they come out with stage 3 or higher. and get a good IC to go along with it, and i am actually in the works for a protune, i think i finally found someone close that can possibly do it.

maybe i should have gone a totally different route with my setup, i might just have to go bigger with the turbo. and inj. and tune for that,

i am just aggrevated fellas, I just really despise all these damn hondus running around thinkin they got a car that is like a friggin race car out of the box because some guy like this has all this work done and beats a wrx in the 1/4 or somethin
    2002 bugeyes

maybe I watch too much intial d or something, but find a straightline hill and drag race him there

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.