$$$ WRX vs 92 CIVIC Swapped ADVICE $$$ - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on $$$ WRX vs 92 CIVIC Swapped ADVICE $$$ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Every B16 utilizes VTEC. But if it helps, if that individual went to that much trouble to sleeve it and ...

Every B16 utilizes VTEC. But if it helps, if that individual went to that much trouble to sleeve it and put pistons in it I highly doubt it retains it's 1.6l of displacement. A 75 shot is also not what I would call a "baby" shot. With slicks, I have no doubt that car (w/ the right driver) would be good for a high 12 second pass. If you care about your tranny, you probably won't be able to run that quickly...
    I have a feeling power to weight would be the deciding factor of this one, and top end don't be surprised if the Honda walks away...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If he sprays he is gonna catch you fast, no spray you are fine.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

it will spins it's tires all the way to 3rd gear. so you better have a good lead by then cause he is gonna catch you.

wheres that fuel 2 weight calculator...
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

i came from acura and honda motors to subaru and ill tell u my ls 1.8 non vtec with je pistions, cold air intake, bbk throttle body, wet shot 75(nitrous express), eagle rods, arp rod bolts, crower stage 2 cams , dual valve springs , gsr tranny, managed with hondata, would blow my wrx out of the water , and i could launch it better than the rex, and after i hit second and sprayed it wouldnt stop pulling . the hatch back is easly 500 lbs lighter and if its gutter id say 600 than my acura . it would all depend on ur launch but atleast in 3rd he would catch up

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji HM
    But if it helps, if that individual went to that much trouble to sleeve it and put pistons in it I highly doubt it retains it's 1.6l of displacement.
    +1 to that

Some of those hondas can be pretty quick, but who knows, take your shot if you are alright with the fact that you could lose. Let us know what happens too.

oh yeah, you could always race him at the 1/8 mile track
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

those little things hook really well... all he needs is a drag radial... and your awd launch will only do soo much. I have a vid of me when I was only 360rwhp racing one at the track... and I barely beat him.
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

I recently raced a 99hb swapped with a obd1 gsr. Internally it was stock on the outside it had i/h/e. I have a stock 04 wrx we went from a rolling start at 60mph's I pulled on him about a car and a half until about 80 when he started catching up from 85 to 95 even and right about a 100 he just started pulling so. I think u can deffiently get him off the line so by the time u get to 50mphs just brake and act like u gonna win regardless lol.

If he knows how to drive you will lose. My friend has a EF Hatch with a B16(bone stock motor) with intake and a 75 shot and ran a 12.9@109. Key word here is bone stock motor, strapped with soem juice.
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

There are guys with Stage 2 dipping into the high 12's with a good lunch. With a vf34 and pinks this car should be into the 12's even without a protune and FP.

I don't know much about Honda's cause I just don't like them but I can tell you if he did all that work and still only a high 12 second car I see no reason why the WRX shouldn't take him or atleast make it a door to door race.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

don't ever judge a civic by it's rust
    New England F4
    If you're not shifting, you're just riding.

I totalled my WRX

i say you get 3 lengths and he uses his N2O, or he gets 1 length no N2O.

PINKS !!!! deh.. deh (music here)

Quote Originally Posted by fatalbertswrx
    you know., this sucks, i waited and waited and waited on this car to come to the US for years and it finally does, so i go get the first year 02 model, and then i mod it, and mod it, and spend all my extra cash on it. and at the end of the day i cant beat a honda and i am not even as fast as the stock 06 model wrxs. this sucks
    Every car out there has the same problem with properly done up hondas like that.... They are just so damned light that they need relatively less power to get the job done on cars that are heavier and are making much more power...

At the end of the day, it is their power to weight ratio that is doing the talking for them... Not the outright whp that they are making...
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

yea the main problem with the hondas is the power to weight ratio. Since the are smaller cars and dont have awd honda hatch backs wiegh nothin. I have seen a bone stock b18 in a crx pull constent low 12's. there just 2 light. Then when ur start force induction on them forget it. My friend with low 12's high 11's evo got has ass handed to him by a t3/t4 turbed hatch.

Get on the right....get about 3 car lengths or so on him...roll down the window....throw nails out, spinning and freaking him out.
    fini

OR you could just shoot him in the face and take his money

OR you could just tell him to go home and keep on watching gay ricer movies
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.