03 COBB stg II VS 06 STi (in fort collins) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on 03 COBB stg II VS 06 STi (in fort collins) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Based on my experience, stock STi and stage 2 WRX are pretty much equal up until 100mph where STi will ...

Based on my experience, stock STi and stage 2 WRX are pretty much equal up until 100mph where STi will start pulling away from WRX. Having one less gear helps WRX to hang with STi as some STi owners don't know how to shift fast.

I've driven both stock STi and stage 2 WRX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Having owned both, and having driven both at the strip, in my experience, a stock STi, given equal drivers, is faster than a stage 2 WRX. Your experience may differ. Bringing in other alternatives such as a protune, weight, etc is just bench racing unles you have owned both cars yourself, and driven both at the same track.

That being said, it's time to clean a bit of house. Will the following folks please reduce your signature lengths. The house rule is no longer than 6 lines, and that includes blank lines between text.

WRXeX
    AWDTurboWrx
    subyguy
    kylenls

Thanks in advance. I've posted user notes of my request in your notes box. At least 1 of you has been asked to do this before. You know who you are. I'll make it an actual warning next time. It's a small rule, so just do it please.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Haha, nice run!. I'll never forget when I got my Sti. My friend had a cobb stage II. We were dead even up to 100 or so and I started walking him.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

An STi is faster than a stage 2 WRX if the STi is driven at it's best. But both cars are capable of low 13s, which makes it a drivers race.

As we all know an STi can be a handful for inexperience drivers. I had a hard time getting use to my STi at first. To me, the gearing of the STi is much too close for drag racing. But if you are good at rowing the gears the STi is definately faster than a Stage 2.

But I would definately put my money on the most experienced driver in a 1/4 mile race between a stage 2 WRX and an STi.

WRX needs a bigger turbo to beat the STI, just ask any tunner and they'll tell you. Theyre the ones that are in these two everyday and I did ask Bill (I Speed) when he tunned my wrx, he said the STI motor has to much torque and the motor is to big for a WRX without turbo upgrade to handle the STI

that said, the stage 2 wrx is close enough to outpull a STI that isnt driven properly

Ok, this thread is beaten to a pulp. It's a driver's race moving on.....
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Ok, this thread is beaten to a pulp. It's a driver's race moving on.....
    I agree. The STi is faster. Moving on....
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

yeah, it's over now. we all know the sti is a beast!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234