03 COBB stg II VS 06 STi (in fort collins) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 03 COBB stg II VS 06 STi (in fort collins) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag Exactly - my protuned 03 WRX got 226whp on the dyno. Stock STI's get about 240 ...

Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    Exactly - my protuned 03 WRX got 226whp on the dyno. Stock STI's get about 240 on the same dyno.

you got protuned when protuner first came out. the tuners were not pro with it yet. Every single harman protuned stage 2 I have seen, made more power than that.

/thread

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thats a lot...

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

of posts

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    your wrx was not stage 2. you had a MBC, you didn't have EM. That doesnt count. I'm talking about dyno tuned stage 2s.

and like i've said a million times, i was faster then cobb stage 2 wrx's off a roll and off a stop.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    and like i've said a million times, i was faster then cobb stage 2 wrx's off a roll and off a stop.

cobb stage 2's in cali dyno about 200-210whp on a dynojet! I'm talking about dyno tuned stage 2's in cali.

a cobb stage 2 on 93 octane is a whole different beast!!!

well i hope that is the case when i get my cobb stage this weekend. It's hard to believe though. Bushings, mounts, stiffening rods, suspension and whatever else you can think of on the sti is much more stiffer than on the wrx, which means it will put more power to the wheels. Sti are beasts. we all know that. That guy didn't even bother with him. He just made his day, That's all.

a friend of my got protuned by harman and put down 235whp on that same dyno with only uppipe + TBE. A stock STi puts down between 235-240whp on that dyno. Think about it, a 235whp car that is 300lbs lighter + has longer gears. Do the power to weight ratio, and the WRX has the edge.
    It's not just about weight. Peak whp means nothing and on the street, where you don't start racing from 4th (unless you're driving a Honda ), the STi's gearing is going to tip the scale. Look at the gear multiplier for 1st and 2nd (and final drive) in the STi, calculate the torque it puts to the wheels in those gears and you'll see it is MORE than enough to remove any weight differences. Gears 1-3 are crazy in the STi and awesome for autox/road racing. Now in the upper speeds, where the gear multiplier is much less (especially 5th), things even out a bit. But from a stop or low roll, a stock STi should still take a stage 2 WRX.
    2005 Aspen White STi

cobb stage 2's in cali dyno about 200-210whp on a dynojet! I'm talking about dyno tuned stage 2's in cali.

a cobb stage 2 on 93 octane is a whole different beast!!!

what you think the sti has special gas or something? were all on the same piece of sh!t 91 octane. and my 03 wrx was on piece of sh!t 91 also. all same gas, no damn difference.

My Stg. 2 FXT (93 octane) ran a 13.1@104 at the strip. Granted it's a 2.5, but the peak whp is the same as a Stg 2 WRX (according to Cobb's dyno). Not many STIs trapping @ 104 with low 13s. I believe a Stg. 2 WRX could easily keep up with or beat a stock STI from a stop/roll.

Of course, not all stg. 2s are created equal....so your milage may vary...
    Jamie
    John 3:3
    XTi

Iv read a few threads on here about this topic. One particular was a guy who also owned a STI and a COBB stg II wrx and his statement was the wrx was faster after racing both of them head to head. And of coarse just the opposite. With so many different opinions I have come to the conclusion that it comes down to a drivers race (in a straight line until ~90mph) not so much the car.

I would like to be clear about one thing; the guy I raced clearly agreed to race before hand, stated to me that I was going to get smoked and had his motor reved up and launched well.
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

Quote Originally Posted by jugger
    Iwould like to be clear about one thing; the guy I raced clearly agreed to race before hand, stated to me that I was going to get smoked and had his motor reved up and launched well.
    Can't really argue with that. Maybe there is more variation than I think. Perhaps my 03 WRX is a slow one and my STI is a fast one - that IS entirely possible.

Obviously it's not down the to the driver in my case, since I am one and the same person
    -Max.

06 STU STI
    2006 STU Pro Solo Natl. Champ.
    www.zzyzxmotorsports.com

I raced my buddies 04 STi stock with a CAI, I was running with my stage 2. Even when he got the jump on me on the start i was still able to reel him in and put a good 1 1/2 car length on him by 100mph. so i would say it could just be a drivers race. I have yet to meet a good STi driver.
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

this is really starting to sound good. can't wait for my stage 2 to arrive.

its also cause a lot of people also dont know how to drive a sti. 45mph roll i rather put even a stock sti in 3rd and use my torque. Other will put it in 2nd have to shift a second later and of course stage 2 wrx will get the jump and pull. Rightly driven sti's shouldnt lose 2 stage 2 wrx's.

Quote Originally Posted by kylenls
    ok i stopped reading here....first of all WTF didnt that happen in "biker boyz" when they were in the zone, did you have any preminitions of lifes past?

ok im going to read on now...........ooooooh boy i like you man, that is pretty neat stuff!
    I was disappointed to see his user name wasn't "Smoke." J/K... Anyway, all it takes is a bad launch in an STi and you're quickly playing catch-up so maybe that was the case.
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.