03 COBB stg II VS 06 STi (in fort collins) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 03 COBB stg II VS 06 STi (in fort collins) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by scoob You didn't really read this thread did you? Oh and Your STI weighs more than even ...

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    You didn't really read this thread did you?
    Oh and Your STI weighs more than even your wagon does. In a straight line weight kills you. RallyX however, it can help you in the corners. He did however sya the STI guy had a fatt-ass in the passenger seat so that could realy make the difference. STI are crazy out of the blocks, and I don't think even a well driven WRX can hang with an STI's 1st gear!
    Bottom line, it's a good race! Mod the STI and the WRX is simply toasted.
    I can't figure out if you're insulting me or agreeing with me!

Yes, my 06 STI is heavier than my wagon. It's also faster - end of story.

When I just had my 03 Wagon, I always felt that it would probably be almost as fast as an STI, or faster depending on the driver. Now that I have both, I know that was an absurd notion
    -Max.

06 STU STI
    2006 STU Pro Solo Natl. Champ.
    www.zzyzxmotorsports.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag

When I just had my 03 Wagon, I always felt that it would probably be almost as fast as an STI, or faster depending on the driver. Now that I have both, I know that was an absurd notion
    No insults from here, today is my B-day so I'm feelin good bro!
    It seems to me that your true definition of "faster" is around a track. If so then yep, I agree. STI's are stronger around a track. In a straight line though, things get interesting that's all I'm sayin.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    No insults from here, today is my B-day so I'm feelin good bro!
    It seems to me that your true definition of "faster" is around a track. If so then yep, I agree. STI's are stronger around a track. In a straight line though, things get interesting that's all I'm sayin.
    Happy Birthday.

Nope - my wagon was one of the fastest AX Wagons in the country. With a similar suspension setup on my STI, it is much faster, not because it handles better, but because it's faster coming out of the corners and in the straights. Grip levels are about the same, although I will say the 06 STX diffs are far superior to the WRX.

Anyway - it's all good, we can all have our own opinions. I ride in top AX prepped WRX and STI's every weekend. I know what my a$$ is telling me
    -Max.

06 STU STI
    www.zzyzxmotorsports.com

Thumbs up

Nice kill. however since this was a one sided story it can't be confirmed if the STi guy really running his 06 hard.

I havn't gone up against an STi but i don't feel my Stage II is even close to the torque or HP that a stock STi has... I only test drove the STi from the dealer but they did let me drive it like I stole it.

Again he (Jugger) did tell the guy he was going to race him, so the STi guy was aware he was suppose to drive hard. But then again Jugger in WRX may have just been a way better driver. Kudos to Jugger for the unconfirmed kill

schoolloans
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    i dont, sti's on 93 octane have dynoed as high as 260whp,(more usual is 245-250whp) good luck getting a stage 2 near that.
    And some dyno 240. DID YOU FORGET ABOUT THE WEIGHT???

Quote Originally Posted by schoolloans
    Why are you shouting? You can't compare different dynos, only different cars on the same dyno.
    -Max.

06 STU STI
    www.zzyzxmotorsports.com

schoolloans

I too have had at least 3 encounters with different STi's. TXS stage II here....dead heats from 30, 10, and about 40 MPH all the way into triple digits. They have similar power/weight ratios. Granted the STi has a better low-end, but in the powerband, a Stage II 2.0l pulls DOOR TO DOOR with a stock STi. Sorry your butt dyno doesn't agree, but thats just the way it is.

schoolloans
    Why are you shouting? You can't compare different dynos, only different cars on the same dyno.

Yes, taht was my point. He brought up the dyno runs....I was showing exactly what you said....that all dyno's read differently...

schoolloans
    We all know the STi is real world faster...but it has been shown time and time again that if the 2.0l is in the power, from a roll, it can stay right with a stock 2.5. Let alone a tuned 2.0l. Again, this is a pretty well known and covered area.

you think about weight, i'll think about torque, gearing, and everything else. Like i said, i've had both and i've taken both to a track with same damn driver and i trapped 3mph higher with my sti and i was .3 seconds faster also.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

schoolloans
    you think about weight, i'll think about torque, gearing, and everything else. Like i said, i've had both and i've taken both to a track with same damn driver and i trapped 3mph higher with my sti and i was .3 seconds faster also.
    No doubt your STi will easily take it from a stop. Your torque really helps you out of the launch. Most of the few 10th's gained are in the launch. Normally there is a 2-3 MPH difference in trap speeds, some of that can be the launch, most is the STi being a tad quicker. Think about how small of a difference that is from a roll, not under ideal conditions, let alone a tuned stage II traps about 102-104 as well. Again, the STi is no doubt real world faster...there are just situations were the 2.0l can keep up.

Exactly - my protuned 03 WRX got 226whp on the dyno. Stock STI's get about 240 on the same dyno.
    a friend of my got protuned by harman and put down 235whp on that same dyno with only uppipe + TBE. A stock STi puts down between 235-240whp on that dyno. Think about it, a 235whp car that is 300lbs lighter + has longer gears. Do the power to weight ratio, and the WRX has the edge.

+1, i've owned both

and i myself have taken both to the strip. i also posted the difference in my stock sti and stage 2 wrx if you wanna read it wrxaddicted.

your wrx was not stage 2. you had a MBC, you didn't have EM. That doesnt count. I'm talking about dyno tuned stage 2s.
    Last edited by wrxaddicted; 03-16-2006 at 04:50 PM.

of course the STi will feel faster, due to the lowend torque, but do the power to weight ratio, and the 235whp wrx has the edge. Especially against the 06 STi, since it weighs even more than the 04,05.

I have seen multiple stock STis get owned by dyno tuned stage 2 wrxs. Even with equal skilled drivers.

/thread

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast