05' wrx vs. Evo? Theoretical Q inside.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05' wrx vs. Evo? Theoretical Q inside. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Theoretical question.. 2005 wrx to be fitted with a VF22, TMIC (less lag) 650cc injectors, Already has; TBE, up pipe, ...

kip

05' wrx vs. Evo? Theoretical Q inside.

Theoretical question.. 2005 wrx to be fitted with a VF22, TMIC (less lag) 650cc injectors, Already has; TBE, up pipe, intake and a Utec... Already putting down a little over 200 WHP without the turbo and injectors or TMIC... You think maybe it'll squeeze out 250 to the wheels possibly with the new turboa dn such? And if so, any chance of slapping around a cocky EVO that has an exhaust and a chip?
    2005 Obsidian Black WRX For sale!!! PM me!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kip
    Theoretical question.. 2005 wrx to be fitted with a VF22, TMIC (less lag) 650cc injectors, Already has; TBE, up pipe, intake and a Utec... Already putting down a little over 200 WHP without the turbo and injectors or TMIC... You think maybe it'll squeeze out 250 to the wheels possibly with the new turboa dn such? And if so, any chance of slapping around a cocky EVO that has an exhaust and a chip?
    Add a fuelpump to that mod list and you could hit 300awhp with most vf22's putting down 280awhp easy.

I don't know much about EVO's but from what I've seen they really don't start making crazy power till they get cams. But just to let you know what kind of power. TurboTrix just did a EVO IX with TBE, Intake, Cams and a tune and it made 374awhp.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by kip

full exhaust? including downpipe? btw, people don't chip evo's, they get them reflashed or get a piggyback like us.

You should be able to take him with a good tune.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Add a fuelpump to that mod list and you could hit 300awhp with most vf22's putting down 280awhp easy.

I don't know much about EVO's but from what I've seen they really don't start making crazy power till they get cams. But just to let you know what kind of power. TurboTrix just did a EVO IX with TBE, Intake, Cams and a tune and it made 374awhp.
    yeah, but the turbo trix dyno reads insanely high.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    yeah, but the turbo trix dyno reads insanely high.
    Yeah but an EVO VIII only read 350awhp with those same mods. Still a crazy amount of HP for $1500.00 worth of mods..
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

kip

Oh a fuel pump is in the equation, thats for sure

Dang 374?! Well this guy doesn't have that from who I've asked, he just miffe dme with his stupid driving and seems to think he's king of the hill, I was hoping to give him a run

Figure out what mods he's has. Reflash and TBE will be close with you, anything else and you'll be fighting hard. One of my buddies has an HKS turbo kit(don't remember which one) some pretty mean cams, injectors, fuel pump, turbo back, and reflash and put down 475whp on a mustang. I was feeling cocky after I put the PE1820 in, he was happy to put in my my place. You also have to look at power the curve, an EVO spools faster because the turbo is right off of the exhaust manifold versus having to go through feet of pipe. My friends snail makes mine look like a toy, but he spools up quicker, and the top end is no joke.
    an 05 wrx wagon with a few mods and an 06 G35 sedan with none.

Has anyone seen the Dyno of the 904 whp Evo?
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Yeah but an EVO VIII only read 350awhp with those same mods. Still a crazy amount of HP for $1500.00 worth of mods..
    Is this with a custom tune or off the shelf tune?

Its going to be more then $1500 though for that performance since the cams are $900
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

Quote Originally Posted by Padge

Its going to be more then $1500 though for that performance since the cams are $900
    nah cams are only about $600-650 depending on where you buy it from then add another $300 or so for install but then again it could be cheaper if you know somebody that can hook you up

what year is the evo that youre planning on racing?since newer models always gets a bump in power compared to the 03's so you might want to look into that also.good luck with the race

hey a quick way to gain some hp get some 110 octain and put that in when u race him dont put too much dough !

also remember its not only the car its the driver !

Depends on the evo. I'd say with a 05 and older you're going to be close as far as HP levels go, with an IX good luck. I have a feeling well be seeing a lot of 11 second IX's with just a reflash and exhaust this summer.

kip
    Evo is an '03 with an exhaust and a reflash as far as anyone around here knows.. Beat a stage2 SRT-4 with goodies though =) 4 runs, last run he kept up, the others I stayed about a car length away, was a fun time ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Padge

Yeah $1500.00 was a little off but not that much. It's still crazy cheap to mod those cars.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_dadi
    nah cams are only about $600-650 depending on where you buy it from then add another $300 or so for install but then again it could be cheaper if you know somebody that can hook you up
    I think he was talking about TurboTrix new cam for the EVO IX.. They sell for $900.00.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.