S2k vs. 05 STi outcome?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on S2k vs. 05 STi outcome? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been reading a s2k forum today...s2ki.com to be exact. There were several posts of modded s2k, mostly I/H/E and ...

S2k vs. 05 STi outcome?

I've been reading a s2k forum today...s2ki.com to be exact. There were several posts of modded s2k, mostly I/H/E and gearset of some sort, beating mostly stock STis from a roll. Is this accurate? If it is it saddens me greatly Please some feedback from all you who have raced the s2k!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MDwrx
    I've been reading a s2k forum today...s2ki.com to be exact. There were several posts of modded s2k, mostly I/H/E and gearset of some sort, beating mostly stock STis from a roll. Is this accurate? If it is it saddens me greatly Please some feedback from all you who have raced the s2k!!
    Sounds like BS, I raced a S2000 on the freeway with my lightly modded 04 WRX and I pulled on him with no problems. It was a while ago but I think we were going about 60 - 65 and by 90 I was a few car lengths ahead. My new STI would destroy it, but the one I raced had an exhaust and not sure what else. I can't see how a S2000 could beat an STI unless it had turbo, but who knows?
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Yep that sounds about right. Put the numbers together guys. A 240hp RWD car weighing hundreds less and being naturally aspirated. I have a friend with an s2k. When he had just cat-back and intake I beat him from a roll in my EVO. Then he put on headers and hondata and he pulled. And I dont want to hear " But STi's beat EVO's So its not fair"

Quote Originally Posted by IHRTWRX
    Yep that sounds about right. Put the numbers together guys. A 240hp RWD car weighing hundreds less and being naturally aspirated. I have a friend with an s2k. When he had just cat-back and intake I beat him from a roll in my EVO. Then he put on headers and hondata and he pulled. And I dont want to hear " But STi's beat EVO's So its not fair"
    I remember you bought your Evo. Is it a IX?
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Dammit! I wish I had some money for mods...BUT instead I owe Uncle Sam $1000 in taxes!! I guess my STi will have to stay stock for a while

Naw I wish. I actually picked up a used 03. If I had a IX the outcome would have probably been quite different.

My STi beat a stock S2K no problem, starting from about 80km/h-90km/h. Not sure how a reflashed one would be. All I know is a I/E/RH/#4 RSX-S is faster than a modded S2K (according to numerous posts on ClubRSX, including some from S2K drivers) and my STi put 2 cars on a I/E/RH/#4 from 60km/h-200km/h (couldn't pull anymore after a second in 5th.)

They are fantastic handling cars on the track, but even there the STi will keep up or pass - it will just do it differently (and much less gracefully. )

...oh and I'm stock.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by IHRTWRX
    It's really no magical mystery on what car is faster. If the modded car traps more than an STi's typical 102-103 mph (or the Evo's 100-102) then itll win from a roll - plain as that.

And how would being NA help the other car exactly? I never knew a turbo was a hinderance.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    It's really no magical mystery on what car is faster. If the modded car traps more than an STi's typical 102-103 mph (or the Evo's 100-102) then itll win from a roll - plain as that.

And how would being NA help the other car exactly? I never knew a turbo was a hinderance.
    Hmm. lets see. Have you ever heard the term turbo lag??? Yes when racing from a very slow roll like say 5-10mph or so you are gonna have to wait a sec to spool whereas the N/A car will have the advantage. This was made true when I raced the S2K. It was a very slow roll. He obviously got the instant jump then once my turbo fully spooled I reeled him back in.

Plus it is a mystery if one does not know what the other car traps. Plus if it is in a real life situation all cars/drivers are different. I for one had a real life race. Im not one for bench racing. You may be so ill leave it at that.
    Last edited by IHRTWRX; 03-14-2006 at 07:57 AM.

Yes it could be done. Me being an s2k owner, the most popular upgrade are the gears. The type of gears that are wanted by most are either the 4.77 gears or the 4.57 gears. This will allow a bit more hp to the rear wheels and a greater increase in torque.

It's possible modified vs Stock. The STI obliterates the S2K in almost all performance areas, but the 1/4 trap speeds are not too far behind 100 vs 103. BUT by the 1/2mile mark the STI broadens that gap by a fair amount (STI)21.27 s @ 123.88 mph (S2K)22.78 s @ 118.09 mph. With those mods for the S2K I could maybe see it happening for a bit, but would still be very close and the longer it goes the more in favor of the STI. The STI's larger engine and turbo power/torque will ultimately win out.

http://www.car-videos.net/performanc...ID1=169&ID2=26
    Last edited by garrettjj; 03-14-2006 at 11:49 AM.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

S2Ks are nice, but they're slow. I raped my friend's S2K from a stop, roll, etc. It's pretty much stock, so I guess it wasn't fair in the 1st place. He traded in his S2K for a GTO and I beat him still. He's looking to do some upgrades and once that happens, it should be more interesting. :x BTW, I have a VF22 @ 18psi, full exhaust, all fuel mods, ecu, headers, tuned, etc.

It depends alot on the driver too. I've seen supposedly "fast" cars get smoked by a car that should have lost due to lack of skill. You shouldn't have any problems. What do SC'd S2Ks run?
    Great spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Gas, grass, or ass. Nobody rides for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid-X
    What do SC'd S2Ks run?
    Ultimate-Racing has a kit for $5500 usd that will allow you to run around 12.6 @ 112mph.

Ultimate-Racing's STi Stage 3 kit for $3900 can get you 12.2 @ 113 and faster.

Ultimate-Racing's STi GT35R kit will put you in the low 11s for $5100 usd.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    Ultimate-Racing has a kit for $5500 usd that will allow you to run around 12.6 @ 112mph.

Ultimate-Racing's STi Stage 3 kit for $3900 can get you 12.2 @ 113 and faster.

Ultimate-Racing's STi GT35R kit will put you in the low 11s for $5100 usd.
    That's pretty sick if those numbers are accurate. I'd schmob it. But my <3 belongs 2 a FD LS1. :x
    Great spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Gas, grass, or ass. Nobody rides for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid-X
    That's pretty sick if those numbers are accurate. I'd schmob it. But my <3 belongs 2 a FD LS1. :x
    Ahhh the classic LS1 powered FD.... Odd cars.... It is funny seeing one go along... You are used to the soft whine and the blow off valves chirping as usual, but instead you hear this growl comming from them... makes you do a double take and wonder if there is not a vette somewhere else making the noise...
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast