S2k vs. 05 STi outcome? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on S2k vs. 05 STi outcome? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by IHRTWRX Hmm. lets see. Have you ever heard the term turbo lag??? Yes when racing from a ...

Quote Originally Posted by IHRTWRX
    Hmm. lets see. Have you ever heard the term turbo lag??? Yes when racing from a very slow roll like say 5-10mph or so you are gonna have to wait a sec to spool whereas the N/A car will have the advantage. This was made true when I raced the S2K. It was a very slow roll. He obviously got the instant jump then once my turbo fully spooled I reeled him back in.

Plus it is a mystery if one does not know what the other car traps. Plus if it is in a real life situation all cars/drivers are different. I for one had a real life race. Im not one for bench racing. You may be so ill leave it at that.
    Well a Honda engine at 5-10 mph isn't exactly in the heart of its torque production either.

While any race is up in the air, I wouldn't call racing by traps "bench racing" either. It compares two car's abilities without worrying about driver error or other conditions. I have 15+ years of timeslips to go by too so I don't always do just keyboard racing. My keyboard just happens to be a lot closer than the track is.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jigga
    Ahhh the classic LS1 powered FD.... Odd cars.... It is funny seeing one go along... You are used to the soft whine and the blow off valves chirping as usual, but instead you hear this growl comming from them... makes you do a double take and wonder if there is not a vette somewhere else making the noise...
    Yeah, I saw one the other day and I thought it was a maro running open, but it was a black FD. Very sexy. I love that car because it has the characteristics that I like in women. Sexy outside and a beast inside.

But yeah, talk is cheap. Take it to the track and prove your point.
    Great spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Gas, grass, or ass. Nobody rides for free.

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    Well a Honda engine at 5-10 mph isn't exactly in the heart of its torque production either.

Yah, I was about to say....an s2k (at least the older model) out of vtec range has nothing. I beat a Fast and Furious looking s2k from a stop 0-60 by about 2-3 cars without even a mild launch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12