Stage 2 Wagon vs Bolt on SRT-4

This is a discussion on Stage 2 Wagon vs Bolt on SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just as I drove into Mexico I came across a red SRT-4 with from what I saw and heard had ...

Stage 2 Wagon vs Bolt on SRT-4

Just as I drove into Mexico I came across a red SRT-4 with from what I saw and heard had an exhaust and BOV (later confirmed to be exhaust, intake, and BOV). Anyways we played cat and mouse a little waiting for traffic to thin out and finally got a run from a 50mph roll. I was driving the wagon, and had a friend and his girlfriend in the car with me (just got done doing some fishing). SRT had a driver and passenger and I figured I'd most likely get walked seeing how the SRT wasn't stock. Anyways we both started off in 2nd from close to 50mph. We were even through 2nd, he shifted into 3rd before me, and once I hit third I put about a 1 to 2 car lenght seperation between us by the end of 3rd gear (95-100mph). Surprised the hell out of me, and surely him too (the wagon has the stock wheels on it, and is dirty as all hell).

When we got back in the US we pulled up to a light and we told each other the mods we had and he said, "I got my ass smoked". Cool guy, glad to run across a good sport once in a while. As for my mods, I've got a 3" Stromung turbo back exhaust with 2 high flow converters (stock up-pipe is gutted), Cobb Accessport stage 2 93 octane map and a K&N drop in filter. Fun run and I'm glad warm weather is finally here for a while. Now if I just would have had my other car done it wouldn't even be a story. haha

Jason

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sweet kill man! way to keep the srt-4's in there place...
    06 Protuned Stg2 WRB WRX
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #123

nice, the wagon holding it down.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

You got me thinking of that VW commercial with that. "I dropped it likes it's haaawt!"

Quote Originally Posted by JasoNeon
    I was driving the wagon, and had a friend and his girlfriend in the car with me (just got done doing some fishing).
    That'd make for an awesome WRX wagon commercial... the GF, a friend and a bunch of fish and fishing gear and I just beat a SRT-4 from a roll~ !

Just be glad he was lightly modded... some of those SRT4s are pretty friggin nasty.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.