06 STi Vs. Lotus Elise - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on 06 STi Vs. Lotus Elise within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Juice33 You just have to control yourself with that much power. Either way it is a chit ...

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    You just have to control yourself with that much power. Either way it is a chit load and you will obviously have to do a lor of traction mods.

What's traction...?

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I seriously fail to see how you would make a 900 rwhp car faster then a 1000 rwhp car.. by controling it you obviously mean letting off the throttle to keep the wheels from spinning excessively, if so.. then whats the point (especially with street tires / most drag radials)?

hopefully you can get some of those super expensive drag radials those funny cars / dragsters use... Now THAT would be AWESOME.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

I agree. Unless you're talking about 100 mph+ acceleration, there's probably no conceivable benefit for having that much whp.

edit: 1000 whp....yikes
    Last edited by Irishfan; 03-14-2006 at 01:35 PM.
    "The Cheat totally freaks out when he sees a bear holding a shark."

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    I have a serious traction problem now, with only 420 WHP... I think I will stop around 600, be it from FI or the bottle...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    I seriously fail to see how you would make a 900 rwhp car faster then a 1000 rwhp car.. by controling it you obviously mean letting off the throttle to keep the wheels from spinning excessively, if so.. then whats the point (especially with street tires / most drag radials)?

hopefully you can get some of those super expensive drag radials those funny cars / dragsters use... Now THAT would be AWESOME.
    Your probably not putting street tires or drag radials on a 1000hp rwd car, your gonna put full slicks on. It is also probably not going to be a street car at all.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    What's traction...?

It's something the AWD boys can't get enough of...
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

I was waiting for someone to mention the K20. That is a really good engine for the Elise. There are so many options for that engine already. And with a light car like the Elise, NA isn't a bad idea. Not to mention you will have much more aftermarket support versus the 2ZZ. Sorry, ex-RSX-S owner.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by turboawd
    I was waiting for someone to mention the K20. That is a really good engine for the Elise. There are so many options for that engine already. And with a light car like the Elise, NA isn't a bad idea. Not to mention you will have much more aftermarket support versus the 2ZZ. Sorry, ex-RSX-S owner.

+1

I had the dumpy version (k20a3) in my old Si, and it may have been lean on power and torque, but it was built great and will run forever. K is the new B.

See Post #13

Sorry, I didn't phrase my response better. I was trying to say that I agreed with your post. It is a very good engine for the Elise if you have the time/money. Heck, throw in the k24 block while your at it and you have yourself a very sweet setup.

I love the Lotus. My clients son got one in that burnt orange color. Im going to have to ask for a ride.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by turboawd
    Sorry, I didn't phrase my response better. I was trying to say that I agreed with your post. It is a very good engine for the Elise if you have the time/money. Heck, throw in the k24 block while your at it and you have yourself a very sweet setup.
    I gotcha. Hell, throw that setup into almost anything under 3000 lbs and it's going to be a sweet setup no matter what!

This is true!

both cars offer ALOT! gotta love Subaru more,though
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.