06 STi Vs. Lotus Elise - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 STi Vs. Lotus Elise within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Irishfan Okay, I get it! My car's slow! ...geez In a straight line maybe. But thats not ...

Quote Originally Posted by Irishfan
    Okay, I get it! My car's slow!

...geez

In a straight line maybe. But thats not the purpose of the elise. Take this car to the track and say bye bye to most the cars on this site.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by IHRTWRX
    In a straight line maybe. But thats not the purpose of the elise. Take this car to the track and say bye bye to most the cars on this site.
    Yep, that's what I do...if I wanted straight-line performance, it'd have been a Corvette. For GT, I'd pick the Cayman S. For best all around performance, either an STi or Evo.

But...once I drove the Lotus, that was it for me. I think it was the non-power steering.
    "The Cheat totally freaks out when he sees a bear holding a shark."

Yep, that's what I do...if I wanted straight-line performance, it'd have been a Corvette. For GT, I'd pick the Cayman S. For best all around performance, either an STi or Evo.

But...once I drove the Lotus, that was it for me. I think it was the non-power steering.
    Exactly. All great cars just meant for different purposes. Nothin wrong with changing it up a bit and seeing how your car would do in another category. But hey its not like the Elise is even slow. They do run in the mid-high 13's don't they?

But hey its not like the Elise is even slow. They do run in the mid-high 13's don't they?
    I've think I've seen a few mags test them in the 1/4 at 13.4-13.6 @ ~101mph
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

Yeah...but to achieve the magazine test times, you have to mangle the weak clutch and launch at 6-8K RPM. A reasonable launch from maybe 4K will get to 60 in just under 5, and a rolling start from 5-60 will be in the high 5's.

Yeah...but to achieve the magazine test times, you have to mangle the weak clutch and launch at 6-8K RPM. A reasonable launch from maybe 4K will get to 60 in just under 5, and a rolling start from 5-60 will be in the high 5's.
    Yeah but if you think about it for STi's and EVO's to acheive their low 13s and for some high 12's you really have to launch the hell out of it.

Ha, true. Somebody say it...

There's no replacem...

Ha, true. Somebody say it...

There's no replacem...
    Oh but there is. I call it forced induction. Hehehe.

But then the bigger displacement engines get FI'd and then you are back to the old adage.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    But then the bigger displacement engines get FI'd and then you are back to the old adage.
    FINE!!!... You win. It will just take a lot of money but you can make lotsa power out of these little guys tho. Just look at what AMS is doing with the EVO's. They are on the brink of 1000AWHP.

ILL SAY IT!

THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT. < PERIOD

Have fun racing a Zonda Type F or Ferrari Enzo on the track!
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

FINE!!!... You win. It will just take a lot of money but you can make lotsa power out of these little guys tho. Just look at what AMS is doing with the EVO's. They are on the brink of 1000AWHP.
    Yes that Evo is badass but there are about to be a crap load (okay maybe 50 or so) Cobras that will be hitting 1000 rwhp soon. Hopefully i will be there in a year or two if all goes well.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Yes that Evo is badass but there are about to be a crap load (okay maybe 50 or so) Cobras that will be hitting 1000 rwhp soon. Hopefully i will be there in a year or two if all goes well.
    is there really a differnce between a 900rwhp and a 1000rwhp Cobra? Since youd lose so much through the loss of traction anyways... wouldnt it be the same speed or even.. yikes! a little slower?
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

S2000 is a pretty dope car. Oh wait I own one LOL. I'm thinking of trading mine in for an STi or a ZO6.

Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    is there really a differnce between a 900rwhp and a 1000rwhp Cobra? Since youd lose so much through the loss of traction anyways... wouldnt it be the same speed or even.. yikes! a little slower?
    You just have to control yourself with that much power. Either way it is a chit load and you will obviously have to do a lor of traction mods.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast