06 STi Vs. Lotus Elise - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 STi Vs. Lotus Elise within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Southpaw, is there anything more to that avatar of yours....? Just curious....

Southpaw, is there anything more to that avatar of yours....?

Just curious.
    "The Cheat totally freaks out when he sees a bear holding a shark."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    Last race surprised me a bit. Not, the start, but the outcome. Yet again he jumped on the 1st honk, and I reeled him in, but he didn't stop, so we both kept going. Next thing I know we are are way high up in speed and I was still pulling a little bit and in the end I had a good 2 and a half cars on him.
    I'm not too surprised of the result...even a stock STI should pull on a Lotus Elise at high speeds due to the high downforce chin spoiler and integrated trunk spoiler on those cars.

In the C&D and Road & Track tests I've read, stock Lotus Elise's are aerodynamically limited to 147-148mph. Above 110-115mph when the driver will need to shift into the first overdrive gear (5th) - acceleration will drop off dramatically.
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

Quote Originally Posted by Chiketkd
    I'm not too surprised of the result...even a stock STI should pull on a Lotus Elise at high speeds due to the high downforce chin spoiler and integrated trunk spoiler on those cars.

In the C&D and Road & Track tests I've read, stock Lotus Elise's are aerodynamically limited to 147-148mph. Above 110-115mph when the driver will need to shift into the first overdrive gear (5th) - acceleration will drop off dramatically.

100% the truth. Like I said, I'm pretty sure my turbo Jetta (APR stage I) accelerates faster at 100mph+.

^^ Check you PMs here and on Elise Talk...
    2006 Subaru WRX STi
    Helix JDM Length Catless Downpipe (Heat Wrapped) - JDM Fujitsubo Catback - Cobb AccessPort With Stage 2 Map - Ported Wastegate - Ported Turbo Inlet - GP Moto Header (Heat Wrapped) - GFB 50/50 BOV - Group N Motor Mounts - Group N Tranny Mounts - Turbo Heat Wrap Kit

Installing soon... K-Sport Coilovers and Defi Gauges!

the elise may not have the same HP, but put it on the track and watch it go. My friend has one and is getting the Hass turbo installed. It should push around 250 hp, which will make it as fast as it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by rgold01
    the elise may not have the same HP, but put it on the track and watch it go. My friend has one and is getting the Hass turbo installed. It should push around 250 hp, which will make it as fast as it looks.
    Whose is it? Where at?

I know the people who go by Sky King, OneFastMX5, and PWR2W8 on Elisetalk are having/have already gotten theirs installed. There's a few other people who've received kits and doing the install themselves.

edit: forgot about "Xcusemi" getting one installed, too
    Last edited by Irishfan; 03-12-2006 at 10:08 PM.

his screen name on elisetalk is scottyb he is in CT and it is going to the dyno tomorrow, and should be in his garage by Wed

Quote Originally Posted by rgold01
    his screen name on elisetalk is scottyb he is in CT and it is going to the dyno tomorrow, and should be in his garage by Wed

Right, I forgot about his. When you get a ride, please write it up. Have you met Jay in person? He's established a strong presence on ET, and seems like he completely knows what he's doing, but I'm a little nervous about the piggyback Emanage.

That boost controller options is a great idea, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishfan
    Right, I forgot about his. When you get a ride, please write it up. Have you met Jay in person? He's established a strong presence on ET, and seems like he completely knows what he's doing, but I'm a little nervous about the piggyback Emanage.

That boost controller options is a great idea, too.
    I havent met him, but scott is real impressed by him and his shop. I am going back to CT in two weeks for the Lime Rock event on the 27th, I will have lots of time to play with it. I am considering driving my car for the event or renting a race spec miata, i guess it all depends on the weather.

The Elise is my dream car.. id slap a turbo on that sucker asap. 7-8 psi. or at least a K20A and then all the bolt ons. I dont think the Celica GT-S engine does it much justice.

Who the hell cares about 100+ mph acceleration? Its so rare / stupid to be at those speed anyways. a 4000-5000 lb Bently Flying Spur could beat an STi in a roll race from 120mph+ since it can reach 200 mph..

Accleration + handling is where its at.. I hope you Auto-x / Road race your car Irishfan... and if you dont, then you definatly should.. Hopefully Ill see you on Thursday ~!
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

This may be a totally invalid question at this point but how would the new Prodrive P2 stack up against the Elise. They both look to be lightweight with the elise being lighter but less hp and the P2 heavier and more hp but both being lighter than the average car.
    03 WRX MBP
    DB 18g | Megan DP | Gutted UP | Borla CB | Perrin Turbo Inlet | Perrin Big MAF | Walbro FP | Denso Iridiums | Torque Converter | ValveBody | APS TMIC | 680cc FI

basically the P2 seems to be an STi in a lighter shell... kinda like a GC8 with a STi swap. it'd be close but in the end the Modded STi would pull away because of its higher top speed...

basically the higher your HP... the faster you can go (top speed)
    lighter weight = faster acceleration
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    basically the higher your HP... the faster you can go (top speed)
    lighter weight = faster acceleration
    That's only one part of the equation - another major part is frontal area and the coefficient of drag.
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

Okay, I get it! My car's slow!

...geez

Quote Originally Posted by Irishfan
    Okay, I get it! My car's slow!

...geez

now hurry up and throw a turbo on it
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast