06 STi Vs. Lotus Elise - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 74

This is a discussion on 06 STi Vs. Lotus Elise within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Irishfan You too! Holy crap!! How does the LS2 deal with the nitrous? edit: oops, it's the ...

  1. #16
    Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishfan
    You too! Holy crap!! How does the LS2 deal with the nitrous?

    edit: oops, it's the LS2

    I haven't hooked it up yet... a 100 shot picks up ~ 130 HP / 250 TQ at the rear tires on average. This summer, if I don't go FI, it will likely be tuned for both a 100 and 150 shot...


    ...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

    *2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User Irishfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    45
    Plus, everyone knows the LS2's are severely underrated in terms of power. I know all the dynos coming back on those guys are showing at least 405 at the wheels.

    The Elise appealed to me a lot, because there's a lot of fun to be had sub-80 mph. It takes more talent than I have to drive a 500+ whp on a track.
    "The Cheat totally freaks out when he sees a bear holding a shark."

  4. #18
    Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishfan
    Plus, everyone knows the LS2's are severely underrated in terms of power. I know all the dynos coming back on those guys are showing at least 405 at the wheels.

    The Elise appealed to me a lot, because there's a lot of fun to be had sub-80 mph. It takes more talent than I have to drive a 500+ whp on a track.

    Where did you hear that they were underrated? Mine dynoed stock at 336 RWHP, and the average depending on conditions and dyno irregularities is 330-340 RWHP... I think someone is blowing smoke up yer you-know-what.

    With my mods, (cam, I/H/E) I am putting down 419 RWHP and probably 550 with a 100 shot...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

    *2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

  5. #19
    Registered User Irishfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    Where did you hear that they were underrated? Mine dynoed stock at 336 RWHP, and the average depending on conditions and dyno irregularities is 330-340 RWHP... I think someone is blowing smoke up yer you-know-what.

    With my mods, (cam, I/H/E) I am putting down 419 RWHP and probably 550 with a 100 shot...
    You're absolutely correct. I was going off what some guy said on Elisetalk, but upon a quick 2 min Corvetteforum search, turns out that's crank horsepower, which makes much more sense! In any case, depending on your goals, the Corvette is easily the best bargain to be had short of a Noble, IMHO.

    I'm probably not making any friends by posting this on a WRX forum...
    "The Cheat totally freaks out when he sees a bear holding a shark."

  6. #20
    Registered User V8This's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishfan
    It was me!

    Well, I feel like an ass...to solve the mystery, I didn't even realize you were honking! I just installed my TurboXS intake, and was just enjoying the new sounds. Make no mistake, I knew my car didn't have a prayer. I was thrilled that it kept up the way it did, especially after seeing your mod list! FWIW, the only things I've done with my car thus far are an intake and an integrated V1 (which is why I didn't feel so bad about hitting the higher speeds!). I'm getting married in July, and after all the commotion is over, I was hoping to run up to Auto Europe in Michigan to get a Hass turbo kit installed.

    As for the STi having no top end...the Elise has even less. To be honest, I feel like my turbo Jetta has a better 100+ acceleration. It's all about the cornering, and the launches up to about 50 mph in the car. Let me know if you'd ever like to meet up... Sweet car!

    -Andy
    I figured that's what it was... I was wondering as I got on 59 if you even heard my horn. You damn car was much louder than mine lol!
    2006 Subaru WRX STi
    Helix JDM Length Catless Downpipe (Heat Wrapped) - JDM Fujitsubo Catback - Cobb AccessPort With Stage 2 Map - Ported Wastegate - Ported Turbo Inlet - GP Moto Header (Heat Wrapped) - GFB 50/50 BOV - Group N Motor Mounts - Group N Tranny Mounts - Turbo Heat Wrap Kit

    Installing soon... K-Sport Coilovers and Defi Gauges!

  7. #21
    Registered User Irishfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    I figured that's what it was... I was wondering as I got on 59 if you even heard my horn. You damn car was much louder than mine lol!

    Ha, well thanks for understanding! How loud is the car? I'm a little nervous of attracting too much attention, esp. since I'm debating going catless. Anyway, I'm heading out for the night, but I'd love to see your setup in person sometime! Your single tip looks awesome. I actually tried to test drive an STi at the one dealer in Naperville to possibly replace my Jetta, but they wouldn't let me. The best they could do was show me a picture. Needless to say, I still have the Jetta.
    "The Cheat totally freaks out when he sees a bear holding a shark."

  8. #22
    Registered User V8This's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishfan
    Ha, well thanks for understanding! How loud is the car? I'm a little nervous of attracting too much attention, esp. since I'm debating going catless. Anyway, I'm heading out for the night, but I'd love to see your setup in person sometime! Your single tip looks awesome. I actually tried to test drive an STi at the one dealer in Naperville to possibly replace my Jetta, but they wouldn't let me. The best they could do was show me a picture. Needless to say, I still have the Jetta.
    Lets put it this way... I had my windows up and could hear your car better than I could hear my own... I was suprised how loud it was. I knew when you wanted to go cause I could hear you downshift and hesitate then go.
    2006 Subaru WRX STi
    Helix JDM Length Catless Downpipe (Heat Wrapped) - JDM Fujitsubo Catback - Cobb AccessPort With Stage 2 Map - Ported Wastegate - Ported Turbo Inlet - GP Moto Header (Heat Wrapped) - GFB 50/50 BOV - Group N Motor Mounts - Group N Tranny Mounts - Turbo Heat Wrap Kit

    Installing soon... K-Sport Coilovers and Defi Gauges!

  9. #23
    Registered User Padge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    223
    i raced an ELISE in my stage 2 STI.

    I pulled on him pretty good, no doubt about that.



    Regardless, I want to own one in a few years
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

  10. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    In the slow lane
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishfan
    Ha, well thanks for understanding! How loud is the car? I'm a little nervous of attracting too much attention, esp. since I'm debating going catless. Anyway, I'm heading out for the night, but I'd love to see your setup in person sometime! Your single tip looks awesome. I actually tried to test drive an STi at the one dealer in Naperville to possibly replace my Jetta, but they wouldn't let me. The best they could do was show me a picture. Needless to say, I still have the Jetta.
    This thread is ABSOLUTELY USELESS without pics of the Elise....


    pics or Barn!!!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

  11. #25
    Registered User Turbo_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishfan
    Ha, well thanks for understanding! How loud is the car? I'm a little nervous of attracting too much attention, esp. since I'm debating going catless. Anyway, I'm heading out for the night, but I'd love to see your setup in person sometime! Your single tip looks awesome. I actually tried to test drive an STi at the one dealer in Naperville to possibly replace my Jetta, but they wouldn't let me. The best they could do was show me a picture. Needless to say, I still have the Jetta.
    So.....how do you like the Elise, and how does it handle? And is it really that hard to get in and out of them? Pics would be nice if you don't mind.

    And in a car that basically looks like an expensive exotic, I wouldn't think you could help attracting a lot of attention regardless of what exhaust setup you have.

    P.S. Welcome to the club! Not everyday do we get an Elise owner on a WRX forum.

  12. #26
    Registered User GeneralGeeWhiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cupertino, CA
    Posts
    4,843
    Take it to the track
    <--- Robert

    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

  13. #27
    Registered User Irishfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    45
    Tell you what, if somebody brings a camera to V8this' place on Thurs. if that ends up happening, and if I don't have to work too late, you'll get your pics alongside some nice Scoobydoo's!

    Getting in and out sucks. I'm 6'3", and you can't help but look dumb doing it.

    Anyway, thanks for the welcome! Hope I can meet some of you Chicago area people.
    "The Cheat totally freaks out when he sees a bear holding a shark."

  14. #28
    Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishfan
    Tell you what, if somebody brings a camera to V8this' place on Thurs. if that ends up happening, and if I don't have to work too late, you'll get your pics alongside some nice Scoobydoo's!

    Getting in and out sucks. I'm 6'3", and you can't help but look dumb doing it.

    Anyway, thanks for the welcome! Hope I can meet some of you Chicago area people.

    Get it on tape!

    One of the big reasons I went with the Vette over the Elise is because I am ~ 6'2" with my sh!t kickers on, and the legroom difference was ginormous!


    ...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

    *2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

  15. #29
    Registered User DJSHADOW7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,675
    What color is your car? I have seen a few different elise's around the burbs.... yellow, red (with SSR comps) and an orange. Ill see if i can make it to the mini meet thursday with my digi cam. (assuming its ok)
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

    Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

  16. #30
    Registered User Irishfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    What color is your car? I have seen a few different elise's around the burbs.... yellow, red (with SSR comps) and an orange. Ill see if i can make it to the mini meet thursday with my digi cam. (assuming its ok)

    Black...I liked the look of the paint blending with the plastic bodywork. As far as I know, I'm the only one of two people with a black one in the Chicago area, the other guy lives downtown. You probably haven't seen me too often, I really only take it out at night, after work. It gets mistaken for a Corvette from the front a lot.

    I probably couldn't make it any sooner than 6:30 or so...and I'm not sure if I could sell any other Elise/Exige people on coming out, I'm by far the youngest owner around here, with the exception of a guy who drives the red one. Everyone else has families...whereas my g/f is going to be out of town on business, so it'll be time to party.
    "The Cheat totally freaks out when he sees a bear holding a shark."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •