me vs turbo 2000 accord for moneys
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on me vs turbo 2000 accord for moneys within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well the nite started out at sheets when these guy tells me he knows this guy that wanted to race ...

Registered User killthelights14's Avatar

me vs turbo 2000 accord for moneys

well the nite started out at sheets when these guy tells me he knows this guy that wanted to race me that lived about 30 min from pitt. he wanted to race me from a stop for 60 bucks so i said alright bring it on.

he came down and his car looked amazing, it had a 60 trim turbo but set to only 5 psi. i started feeling a little sick and nervous.

so i tell he i wanna do it from a stop and ill do the honking. he said if i gave him one car head start he will raise bet to 200 bucks....i didnt have 200

so we raced head to head from a stop

my mods are as followed
    helix downpipe
    uppipe
    modded intake
    hks bov ( )
    not tuned

i killed him...twice...even when i gave him a car head start
    02 wrb wrx stock turbo fmic 26 psi (it can be done)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Too bad you didn't have the $200.00..
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Yeah, you could have made some money. Unless he is trying to bait you for some more money next weekend, when he mysteriously ups the boost!?!? HA!! Nice run.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

yeh he said he was putting down about 248 whp

and im not tuned....so im like 217whp and put more then a car on him when i gave him a car head start

Quote Originally Posted by killthelights14
    yeh he said he was putting down about 248 whp
    Yeah well I had a guy in a WRX tell me he put down 300awhp and when I asked him what EM he was using and turbo he said "stock".. Gotta love the mind of some people.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

turbo'd 6cyl fwd
    sppppppppiNNNNNNNNNNN!

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Yeah well I had a guy in a WRX tell me he put down 300awhp and when I asked him what EM he was using and turbo he said "stock".. Gotta love the mind of some people.

You know I had the same said to me about an STI, the guy said that hes putting down 350HP so I asked him what mods he had and he told me a BOV and a boost controller. And he underlined the STI part "You know this is an STI" all I said yeah ok. He had 2 other people with him, and at the light I give a rev and take off I heard his engine rev too but he wasn't pulling , first I thought well I am stg 2 and ligther so maybe thats why but there was no way he was pushing 350, well not even with his BOV .
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Nice kills.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

Was he pulling on you once you got rolling? I'm about to be in a similar situation as you (except no betting) against a 2000'ish Accord with an h22 swap/gt30r puting down 240 whp. I'm just interested in how I'm going to fare with my cobb stage 2. We are going from a roll only.

I'll never understand why the aftermarket turbo kits always use a giant turbo. For example, turboing a typical Honda 1.6 - 1.8 means using an friggin TD05-20g. Why?! If they used a turbo that was a normal size (not meant just to impress onlookers) it'd spool instantly and make much more usable power.

Yes, I know more modded engines would make use of that turbo but come on -- anything from the TD04 family, say a 9b or 13g, would be more than enough for a high compression 1.6 liter.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

killthelights14, I have no idea what you just posted, I am still drooling at your avi.

Nick
    Hummer Open Top
    Dodge Viper ACR

Quote Originally Posted by rexswap
    Was he pulling on you once you got rolling? I'm about to be in a similar situation as you (except no betting) against a 2000'ish Accord with an h22 swap/gt30r puting down 240 whp. I'm just interested in how I'm going to fare with my cobb stage 2. We are going from a roll only.

i put cars on him till about 93mph is when we broke even and i didnt gain and he didnt gain

from a roll at stage two i would try him, but if your not tuned like me i woulnt test it, i would highly suggest a pro tune or pdx map for your cobb because it will be more argressive and i would feel much more safe racing him

edit: i talked to the dude i raced and he is planning on coming back for more with 9 psi. but i think im going to get my sti tmic on, and tune with utec, and new tires then ill have fun with him

and yes my avitar is hot
    Last edited by killthelights14; 03-11-2006 at 06:52 AM.

That HKS BOV gave you the major advantage
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

and yes my avitar is hot
    I guess... if you're into that whole 13-14 year old thing

honestly, why turbo an accord? you create so much power that its useless. from a launch. the most they'll see is a trail of dust left from our subies and the cloud of smoke from spinnin their tires. waste of money IMO.

-mike
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.