me vs turbo 2000 accord for moneys - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on me vs turbo 2000 accord for moneys within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ASPEN524 honestly, why turbo an accord? you create so much power that its useless. from a launch. ...

Quote Originally Posted by ASPEN524
    honestly, why turbo an accord? you create so much power that its useless. from a launch. the most they'll see is a trail of dust left from our subies and the cloud of smoke from spinnin their tires. waste of money IMO.

-mike

To each his own. I previously owned a comptech supercharged v6 accord, and what it lacked from a launch(partially because of the slushbox) it more than made up in smooth power delivery, tons of passing power, and was an all around great car. It was quiet, comfortable, great interior for long hauls, but when it needed to it could delve out an ass whoooping.

Fanboyism on either side is pretty lame. Why buy a slow ass AWD? Why a wrx and not an STi? Why did you upgrade to a VF34, why not a real turbo? You want a track car? buy used miata slap a flying turbo kit on it and call it a day. You want straight line? Pick up some RWD american muscle, for about 1/2 the money of a new STi, I can build an old stang that would be faster than the worlds fastest subaru. Respect a car for what it is. Just because many honda owners act like twinks, that doensn't mean someone who actually built their car deserves the hatred. Truth is we all buy our cars for our own reasons, looking down on someone because they chose to fix it up regardless of what it is, shows a lot.
    Last edited by illusion; 03-15-2006 at 09:48 AM.
    an 05 wrx wagon with a few mods and an 06 G35 sedan with none.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RexFTW
    I guess... if you're into that whole 13-14 year old thing
    Whaaaaa??? That's Elisha Cuthbert dude. She was in 'The Girl Next Door'. She is 23 years old. What do you mean 13 or 14 year old thing? I'm 10 years older than she is and would STILL do naughty things to her.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by illusion
    To each his own. I previously owned a comptech supercharged v6 accord, and what it lacked from a launch(partially because of the slushbox) it more than made up in smooth power delivery, tons of passing power, and was an all around great car. It was quiet, comfortable, great interior for long hauls, but when it needed to it could delve out an ass whoooping.

Fanboyism on either side is pretty lame. Why buy a slow ass AWD? Why a wrx and not an STi? Why did you upgrade to a VF34, why not a real turbo? You want a track car? buy used miata slap a flying turbo kit on it and call it a day. You want straight line? Pick up some RWD american muscle, for about 1/2 the money of a new STi, I can build an old stang that would be faster than the worlds fastest subaru. Respect a car for what it is. Just because many honda owners act like twinks, that doensn't mean someone who actually built their car deserves the hatred. Truth is we all buy our cars for our own reasons, looking down on someone because they chose to fix it up regardless of what it is, shows a lot.
    +1

Everyone has their own tastes in cars. Bashing a guy because he decided to put a turbo kits on an Accord is just silly. If its a clean install and done right, I would give him kudos. While I love the WRX and STi, I can appreciate almost any car as long as its been tastefully done.

And I would so tap Elisha Cuthbert, she's legal and she's hot.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

Elisha Cuthbert is so hot AND legal, a win-win.

Nick
    Hummer Open Top
    Dodge Viper ACR

Sorry, quick hijack:
    White Out, is that a Grand National in your av next to the STi? NIIIIIIICE! I have a 1/24th scale model of one of those. Did a pretty good job on it if I say so myself. Those are totally bad ass cars.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Yeah, that is my '87 GN. I am impressed that you know what it is, most people refer to it as a Monte Carlo.

Nick
    Hummer Open Top
    Dodge Viper ACR

Mmmmm...me likey GN's. I have seriously considered getting one in the future for a project.

Quote Originally Posted by White Out
    Yeah, that is my '87 GN. I am impressed that you know what it is, most people refer to it as a Monte Carlo.

Nick
    ..then they are Cretins!

Nice GN... I bet it is a kick to drive....
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

what is a stock wrx's boost set at ? also what is a stock sti boost set at ?

stock wrx is like 12-13psi, no sure about the STi
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Registered User killthelights14's Avatar
    holy hijacks

but yeah i tottally respect that guy and his accord, i actually think it looked damn nice
    02 wrb wrx stock turbo fmic 26 psi (it can be done)

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911
    what is a stock wrx's boost set at ? also what is a stock sti boost set at ?
    14psi.

Nick
    Hummer Open Top
    Dodge Viper ACR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.