wrx vs gt mustang - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs gt mustang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; According to Cobb's numbers, with an off the shelf map a stg2 rex should be making 285 @ the crank. ...

According to Cobb's numbers, with an off the shelf map a stg2 rex should be making 285 @ the crank. Accounting for about 15% drivetrain loss would equal out to around 240 awhp.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

alot of people claim things but this is what my car put to the wheels. on your profile do u claim 290 or is that provin because if that is theres somthing wrong with my sub or they did a crappy tune

Quote Originally Posted by boxer4life
    alot of people claim things but this is what my car put to the wheels. on your profile do u claim 290 or is that provin because if that is theres somthing wrong with my sub or they did a crappy tune
    290 is what I assumed my crank hp was when I first made my profile (again going off of cobb's average numbers).
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

the 293whp in my profile was on 98 oct gas. so i'm guessing i'd be around 270whp on 91 pump gas right?
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahren
    my clutch is fine, i just suck at launching and i'm to wussy about my tranny so i slip my clutch way to long.
    LOL...Oh, ok.
    04' SRR WRX TXS Stg 2 Sold

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    According to Cobb's numbers, with an off the shelf map a stg2 rex should be making 285 @ the crank. Accounting for about 15% drivetrain loss would equal out to around 240 awhp.
    WOW! 15%! Actually the typical drivetrain loss for an AWD is about 25%. I would say that with only 205 AWHP you will probably lose in the 1/4. It definately sounds like there is a problem somewhere. But I would imagine a tip top stage 2 WRX should be a drivers race. I have taken down a few modded 4.6l mustangs and a N/A cobra all from rolls in my stock EVO. I have raced and barely edged out a stage 2 WRX by about a car from a 20 - about 100 roll by about a car. And about 2 cars from a stop.

ok here how the race went i beat the hell out of it by 2 cars from a stop. and a roll it had me by half a car in the end of third. thats with only 205whp stock boost. ooohh yeah i forgot to tell u guys my turbo has blown seals so it leaks alot of oil and it sound like the fins are hitting the houseing. that might be bad. but its ok i have a vf39 coming. think i can run my new turbo with out upgrading the injector or fuel pump. but drive the car nice and trying to spool the turbo.

but its ok i have a vf39 coming. think i can run my new turbo with out upgrading the injector or fuel pump. but drive the car nice and trying to spool the turbo.
    Bad idea. That's asking for major engine trouble. You should definitely wait to get the supporting mods for the new turbo. just my $0.02 worth.....
    My mod list

ok here how the race went i beat the hell out of it by 2 cars from a stop. and a roll it had me by half a car in the end of third. thats with only 205whp stock boost. ooohh yeah i forgot to tell u guys my turbo has blown seals so it leaks alot of oil and it sound like the fins are hitting the houseing. that might be bad. but its ok i have a vf39 coming. think i can run my new turbo with out upgrading the injector or fuel pump. but drive the car nice and trying to spool the turbo.
    just sell your car and buy an srt-4.

please.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

Quote Originally Posted by salem
    Bad idea. That's asking for major engine trouble. You should definitely wait to get the supporting mods for the new turbo. just my $0.02 worth.....
    +1
    You're only asking for trouble.

I would also look into getting your stock turbo fixed asap. Driving the car with it in that condition can't be good for it.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Reading your posts = nails on a chalkboard
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

Please get the injectors and fuel pump. The car will run better. Otherwise you will be disappointed with the numbers, because of poor fuel delivery.
    04' SRR WRX TXS Stg 2 Sold

That turbo is really not that big so a fuel pump is not 100% necissary. More importantly than to throw more fuel at it would be to make sure it tuned so the ECU actually knows what to do with all the extra fuel. If you are very close to getting the supporting mods and you must drive your car I doubt you will hurt anything if you stay far from boost

WRX is gonna when if the driver doesnt suck.Iv raced a lot of modded GT's and beat them all,closest race was i only won by a car.I have only raced one WRX and lost from a dig and we only took it to 80 so with a little more road id have pry slowly walked past him.If the Stang GT has a Whipple on it,then its a whole different story.
    2004 GTO-black on black-M6

mods-K&N Aircharger / SLP mass airflow sensor / Nitto 555 DR's /Stainless Works LT headers /Gravana ram air hood / NGK-TR55 plugs/Magnecor 8.5 wires/SLP Rear Sway Bar/SLP Loudmouth/Spec Stage 2 Clutch/GMM RipShift

333 RWHP / 351RWTQ

Good driver?

Well with two equally good drivers it should be a race,though not a very good one you will no doubt get him from the hole but by 3rd he might be catchin up, doubt it. you will enjoy the look on his was. My 06 stg2 93 oct not pro-tuned absolutley destroys any and every GT to ever cross my path. My best race so far has been with a sadly enough a jetta that had 3 people in it,and managed to at least hang until top of 3rd,but he had himself and 2 other's and that extra 350lb's of weight is a massive difference. he was running 22lbs on a 1.8t i'm sure it was modded very well. Anyway good luck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast