Saturn beats up on Uranus
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Saturn beats up on Uranus within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was a real advocate for Cobb stage II until I saw this. http://www.cobaltss.com/forums/showthread.php?p=52912 Pull yourself together man, It can't ...

Saturn beats up on Uranus

I was a real advocate for Cobb stage II until I saw this.

http://www.cobaltss.com/forums/showthread.php?p=52912

Pull yourself together man, It can't be true!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah but can they keep up in the turns

I would still take a Cobb Stg 2. Sounds like weight vs. roll vs. driver. Interesting though.

I call major BS, Cobalt SS's are not very fast.

My 06 took one down from behind from like a 40-80 roll, stock, and Stage 2's are supposed to be a little faster than a stock 06.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    I call major BS, Cobalt SS's are not very fast.

My 06 took one down from behind from like a 40-80 roll, stock, and Stage 2's are supposed to be a little faster than a stock 06.
    i'd say stage 2 02-05 wrx are a good amount quicker then stock 06. Stage 2 wrx's take 350z's on the freeway and i doubt a stock 06 can hang with a z off a roll.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I don't understand it, some of the very healthy BPU NA 3000GT's could run down a 350Z from a roll. The hydraulic limited slip makes them good at launching but saps power up top.

and the NA 3000GT's are a pretty good match for a stock 02-05 WRX from a roll.

Wouldn't this make the 06 faster than an NA 3000GT from a roll, meaning it should beat 350z's?

I honestly think that the stage 2 is just a hair faster than the stock 06, considering everything I've read.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    I don't understand it, some of the very healthy BPU NA 3000GT's could run down a 350Z from a roll. The hydraulic limited slip makes them good at launching but saps power up top.

and the NA 3000GT's are a pretty good match for a stock 02-05 WRX from a roll.

Wouldn't this make the 06 faster than an NA 3000GT from a roll, meaning it should beat 350z's?

I honestly think that the stage 2 is just a hair faster than the stock 06, considering everything I've read.

Longer gears, better redline, more time between shifts, better power at higher rpm with smaller engine and same turbo. Its like this, 13secwrx had a 350whp 18g wrx. He blew his engine and swapped a sti engine. The 18g only made 325whp on the 2.5 but hat a ****load of torque. Major problem was that it was way too small for that 2.5 and died off before redline. That turbo is too small for a 2.5, it will have a bunch of torque but all downlow. From what i've seen they make about the same whp at stage 2. I dont really see the 06 wrx's being much faster or any faster then a stage 2 wrx because of this. God i miss the 2.0.(and only 5 gears),

btw, same reason why a 300whp sti is not as fast as a 300hp evo. Evo you rev up to 7800rpm and make power. Sti you go past 6500rpm anywhere except 1st gear makes you fall into a crappy powerband making the evo superior. Sti torque just makes it interesting if you start at low enough speeds.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

While that all makes sense, the problem still exists.

The 06 is faster than an 02-05.

The 02-05 is just a tiny bit slower than an NA 3000GT.

The NA 3000GT will out-run a 350z, or be very close.

The 06 WRX is faster than the 02-05 by a bit. Therefore, it should be able to beat the 3000GT, and by beating the 3000GT you are beating the 350Z. The margins between these cars are all close enough to be determined by the drivers, EXCEPT The 06 WRX vs. the 05 WRX. The 06 is definitely faster, which means it's definitely faster than all those other cars the 05 is very very close to...meaning the 06 beats a 350Z.

Honestly, from a roll, the cars are all so damn close the only real way to find out would be to race them. I'm in Central New York, if anyone wants to find out how an 06 does against a Stage 2 02-05, or a 350Z.

If I get really frustrated I'll just pull out the 3000GT and not worry about anyone lol
    Last edited by ShardAerithes; 03-07-2006 at 01:30 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    Longer gears, better redline, more time between shifts, better power at higher rpm with smaller engine and same turbo. Its like this, 13secwrx had a 350whp 18g wrx. He blew his engine and swapped a sti engine. The 18g only made 325whp on the 2.5 but hat a ****load of torque. Major problem was that it was way too small for that 2.5 and died off before redline. That turbo is too small for a 2.5, it will have a bunch of torque but all downlow. From what i've seen they make about the same whp at stage 2. I dont really see the 06 wrx's being much faster or any faster then a stage 2 wrx because of this. God i miss the 2.0.(and only 5 gears),

btw, same reason why a 300whp sti is not as fast as a 300hp evo. Evo you rev up to 7800rpm and make power. Sti you go past 6500rpm anywhere except 1st gear makes you fall into a crappy powerband making the evo superior. Sti torque just makes it interesting if you start at low enough speeds.

13sec made 335whp/385wtq on that setup
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

pretty interesting...i ran against a cobalt ss by my house a few time a few weeks back and we stayed pretty much even through 3 gears before shutting down it seemed like i was inching on him but to little to tell.

i have an 05 wrx wtih intake helix up and down pipe and hybrid BOV stock boost pressure.
    05' Crystal Grey Metallic WRX sedan

Guys read the whole thread,

The WRX had 3 kids in it while the redline had 2 including the driver. Hum....
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

"and the NA 3000GT's are a pretty good match for a stock 02-05 WRX from a roll."

So what you are saying is that a NA 3000GT that runs the 1/4 in
    1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 8.5 16.4 can take a stock 02-05 WRX from a roll? I've never raced a bpu na 3000gt, but i drove one. I just don't see it gaining that much power from bpu. but what do i know.

Quote Originally Posted by SCWRX
    So what you are saying is that a NA 3000GT that runs the 1/4 in
    1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 8.5 16.4 can take a stock 02-05 WRX from a roll? I've never raced a bpu na 3000gt, but i drove one. I just don't see it gaining that much power from bpu. but what do i know.
    A NA 3000gt will get pimp-slapped all around the world, and all up that great big wall of China by any wrx period; stock for stock whatever.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    A NA 3000gt will get pimp-slapped all around the world, and all up that great big wall of China by any wrx period; stock for stock whatever.

Yeah, that's what i say too. front wheel drive, heavy, and we all know the SL stands for "slow".

I guess all that extra weight with all the people would make a difference, but I still would have had more confidence in the WRX before the race. You would think a Stage Deux Rex with a butt load of clowns in it would still beat the clown driving the SATURN! It is still just kind of haunting!

Quote Originally Posted by DubleUaReX
    I guess all that extra weight with all the people would make a difference, but I still would have had more confidence in the WRX before the race. You would think a Stage Deux Rex with a butt load of clowns in it would still beat the clown driving the SATURN! It is still just kind of haunting!

You're just gonna have to give the redline and cobalt ss more credit. They are pretty quick for the money.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.