Saturn beats up on Uranus - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Saturn beats up on Uranus within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a 1993 Taurus SHO and I have destroyed N/A 3000Gt's on the highway and at the strip. I ...

I have a 1993 Taurus SHO and I have destroyed N/A 3000Gt's on the highway and at the strip. I don't see a WRX stock or not, not being able to destroy a N/A 3000Gt let alone a Saturn Redline. I can see if the WRX had a full load of ppl and a full tank of gas loosing to a nearly empty Redline with two ppl. But loosing a heads up race from a roll or a dig with a N/A 3000 Gt, doubt it. My SHO is chipped and has exhaust and thats it....
    Last edited by SHO_Guy; 03-08-2006 at 11:23 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

See this is the #2 reason I don't date fatties. You never know when that extra weight is going to kill you.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Funny, cuz I destroyed an SHO from like 10-120 with my NA 3000GT and as far as I can remember... they're all automatics.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

frumaroll!

Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    Funny, cuz I destroyed an SHO from like 10-120 with my NA 3000GT and as far as I can remember... they're all automatics.
    no they arent all autos cuz i have seen the earlier sho's with 5 speeds.

I did some research and apparently the 1996-1999 were the ones with no manual. Gen 1's (which are the ones I always see and beat) came only in 5 speed. The Gen 2's have an optional automatic.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

I dunno, I've taken a VR-4 in my car, not by much. I can't imagine the NA version is even close.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

its 10 years old, obviously there will be quite a few that are sick and aren't running right.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

I did some research and apparently the 1996-1999 were the ones with no manual. Gen 1's (which are the ones I always see and beat) came only in 5 speed. The Gen 2's have an optional automatic.
    No, first Gen SHO's came in either Manual or Automatic. When they brought out the V8 model (which was slower) it only came in Auto.
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    No, first Gen SHO's came in either Manual or Automatic. When they brought out the V8 model (which was slower) it only came in Auto.
    I got my information here. http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/08/SHOnTell/

I know magazines can be dumb, but thats a pretty big mess up.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

I got my information here. http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/08/SHOnTell/

I know magazines can be dumb, but thats a pretty big mess up.
    If you look at the timeline at the bottom, they are correct. The Gen 1 bodystyle is from 1989-1995 and the Gen 2 Body goes from 1996-1999 for the SHO. The Automatic option came in 1993 so it was offered on the Gen1 body style. The V8 replaced the V6 in 1996 (the begining of Gen 2) and was only offered in Automatic.
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

First hand experience... guys i work for saturn as a b-tech and those redlines are really fast cars, but a wrx with those mods can take it easily. The fact that we are awd really helps in corners and in going straight. I drive 05 saturn redlines at least once a week (test drives, or just for plain ****s and giggles) and whenever i hop back into my wrx i feel a lot faster in it due to our drivetrain and the fact that we are turbocharged and not really held back by the parasitic draw of that supercharger. And about that post on cobaltss.com that was really dumb of them to judge the vehicles when there were people in the car, i mean come on its like challenging a guy to a wrestling match in a test of strength 2 hrs after a hernia operation lets be realistic here.. lol ok my 2 cents are in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.