Saturn beats up on Uranus - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42

This is a discussion on Saturn beats up on Uranus within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ShardAerithes While that all makes sense, the problem still exists. The 06 is faster than an 02-05. ...

  1. #16
    schoolloans
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    While that all makes sense, the problem still exists.

    The 06 is faster than an 02-05.

    The 02-05 is just a tiny bit slower than an NA 3000GT.

    The NA 3000GT will out-run a 350z, or be very close.

    The 06 WRX is faster than the 02-05 by a bit. Therefore, it should be able to beat the 3000GT, and by beating the 3000GT you are beating the 350Z. The margins between these cars are all close enough to be determined by the drivers, EXCEPT The 06 WRX vs. the 05 WRX. The 06 is definitely faster, which means it's definitely faster than all those other cars the 05 is very very close to...meaning the 06 beats a 350Z.

    Honestly, from a roll, the cars are all so damn close the only real way to find out would be to race them. I'm in Central New York, if anyone wants to find out how an 06 does against a Stage 2 02-05, or a 350Z.

    If I get really frustrated I'll just pull out the 3000GT and not worry about anyone lol
    What!!! N/A 3000 GT's aren't quick AT ALL. My bone stock WRX used to destroy a classmates everyday. How in the workd do you think an N/A GT can outrun a 350Z???

    222 HP and HEAVY!!! An N/A GT is SIGNIFICANTLY slower than all of those cars. You must be crazy.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User DubleUaReX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Galena, Ohio
    Posts
    130
    NEVER!.............Ok I thought it over, and they are pretty quick. I guess it is nice to have even more competition out there to keep your checkbook motivated.

  4. #18
    Registered User scoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Columbus, Oh.
    Posts
    627
    If the wrx has three fat-asses in it while the RL has two skinny punks in it the race could get real stupid.
    ( 3) 200lbs fools = 600lbs
    v's
    (2) 125lbs fools = 250lbs

    Stupid, just dumb.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

  5. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    I don't understand it, some of the very healthy BPU NA 3000GT's could run down a 350Z from a roll. The hydraulic limited slip makes them good at launching but saps power up top.

    and the NA 3000GT's are a pretty good match for a stock 02-05 WRX from a roll.

    Wouldn't this make the 06 faster than an NA 3000GT from a roll, meaning it should beat 350z's?

    I honestly think that the stage 2 is just a hair faster than the stock 06, considering everything I've read.
    Are you on crack? N/A 3000GT's are slow heavy dogs.
    They made 2 models in N/A, a 160hp version and a 222hp version. They were BOTH dogs. Heavy and FWD does not a good sports car make.

    Both a stock WRX and 350Z would make short work of one. Now the VR-4 is a different story.



    How the heck did this conversation turn to N/A 3000GT's????





















    BTW, N/A 3000GT's shall never be mentioned again...
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

    Looking for an STI in the spring!

  6. #20
    Registered User ShardAerithes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wrenching under the Mitsubishi
    Posts
    390
    I used to own an NA 3000GT. (DOHC)

    From a roll, I could beat stock 02-05 WRX's. I did it on more than one occasion. The 3000GT forums (www.3si.org) constantly have arguments about the 3000GT NA vs. the 350z.

    That website (1/4 mile times for factory vehicles or whatever) shows a 16.4. Thats the time from an AUTOMATIC 3000GT. The SL model also weighs a CONSIDERABLE amount more than the 3000GT Base. The SL has electronic suspension, electric seats, leather, electronic climate control...etc etc etc. The automatic tranny's gears are WAY too long for the power it's producing, thats why you see a 1.5 second difference between automatic SL's and 5 speed base models. (All DOHC of course, so pre-97)

    The NA 5 speeds are 15.00 second cars in the 1/4. The car is generally about 10 years old, so the ones which are healthy are faster. BPU they're in the 14 second range.

    FWD also has the least drivetrain loss out of any of the ones being discussed here, giving the 3000GT another advantage on the highway. Like you said before, gearing probably also helps.

    The best stock WRX trap speed I've ever seen was 96, the best stock trap from a 3000GT I've ever seen was 96.

    a 350Z traps around 98-99. The hydraulic limited slip differential makes drivetrain loss even greater than that of a standard RWD.

    The 3000GT will lose from a stop to any of these cars...from a roll it's a much better contender.

    So... now you know. If you have any other questions...feel free
    Last edited by ShardAerithes; 03-07-2006 at 12:11 PM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

    95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic


    http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

  7. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    I owned an NA 3000GT. (DOHC)

    From a roll, I could beat stock 02-05 WRX's. I did it on more than one occasion. The 3000GT forums (www.3si.org) constantly have arguments about the 3000GT NA vs. the 350z.

    That website (1/4 mile times for factory vehicles or whatever) shows a 16.4. Thats the time from an AUTOMATIC 3000GT.

    The NA 5 speeds are 15.00 second cars in the 1/4, bpu they're in the 14's. Thats with an open diff, and FWD.

    FWD also has the least drivetrain loss out of any of the ones being discussed here, giving the 3000GT another advantage on the highway. Like you said before, gearing probably also helps.

    The best stock WRX trap speed I've ever seen was 96, the best stock trap from a 3000GT I've ever seen was 96.

    a 350Z traps around 98-99. The hydraulic limited slip differential makes drivetrain loss even greater than that of a standard RWD.

    The 3000GT will lose from a stop to any of these cars...from a roll it's a much better contender.

    So... now you know.

    im not trying to start an argument here but im not sure you presented us with any facts supporting that "now you know" comment....if we are basing our facts off of stories then i have one.......i remember racing stock N/A dodge stealths and keeping up with them in a mazda protege in fact a good freind of mine and i would race all the time back in my early years he had a 95 (or something black n/a dodge stealth) and i had a mazda protege mp3 and i hung with him side by side from a roll and he beat me top end on the feeway but not by much....oh yeah i had 140 crank HP

    now you know that mazda proteges should hang with both wrx's and stealths/3000gt's
    05' Crystal Grey Metallic WRX sedan

  8. #22
    Registered User SCWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    186
    another point of reference. a bpu 3000gt sl "may" have a shot at a stock wrx or 350z, but not close stock for stock. i'm not going one side or the other on this, because i don't know how much bolt ons can add to the na 3000gt.

    dodge stealth from car-videos.com, but atleast it is a 5 speed.

    http://www.car-videos.net/performanc...?id1=218&id2=0

  9. #23
    Registered User ShardAerithes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wrenching under the Mitsubishi
    Posts
    390
    They did make SOHC dodge stealths in 1995 you know. The SOHC cars are in the 16's, with the auto's. The sohc auto's are incredibly pitiful.

    Theres not a ton to do to an NA 3000GT.... but...a properly driven BPU one on the highway is definitely no slouch. My friend's was neck n neck with an S2000 (again, from a roll). I used to beat up on pre-99 Mustang GT's with mine. The test pipe effectively allows you to pull straight to 7200 RPM and increases the power across the band... when before it would drop off around 6500. The NA's also have a variable length runner system in the intake. It has 2 sets of runners, long and short, to give you more torque or more horsepower across the power band. This system can be easily screwed up by a newbie trying to take the plenum off to change the spark plugs, and makes a pretty good difference. This is another reason I bet a lot of the NA's are slower than they should be. 222 HP for a 3052 lb car isn't bad at all, especially when it's a FWD and you're going on the highway.

    Obviously, what a car's capable of and what a driver can do are two very different things. I know of VR4's that should be deep in the 13's but they were doing 14 second runs at the track. You're going to encounter NA 3000GT's which can barely beat a camry, and you'll find NA ones that run down 350z's.

    All the bench racing is pretty stupid, I'll race someones 02-05 with my 06 for comparison purposes. If someone wants to, I'll even race a stock WRX with my 3000GT's charge pipe unhooked. (I have an NA converted to TT). Not exactly the same considering I have 2 big restrictions in the exhaust..but it'll be fun anyway.
    Last edited by ShardAerithes; 03-07-2006 at 04:48 PM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

    95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic


    http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

  10. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    They did make SOHC dodge stealths in 1995 you know. The SOHC cars are in the 16's, with the auto's. The sohc auto's are incredibly pitiful.

    Theres not a ton to do to an NA 3000GT.... but...a properly driven BPU one on the highway is definitely no slouch. My friend's was neck n neck with an S2000 (again, from a roll). I used to beat up on pre-99 Mustang GT's with mine. The test pipe effectively allows you to pull straight to 7200 RPM and increases the power across the band... when before it would drop off around 6500. The NA's also have a variable length runner system in the intake. It has 2 sets of runners, long and short, to give you more torque or more horsepower across the power band. This system can be easily screwed up by a newbie trying to take the plenum off to change the spark plugs, and makes a pretty good difference. This is another reason I bet a lot of the NA's are slower than they should be. 222 HP for a 3052 lb car isn't bad at all, especially when it's a FWD and you're going on the highway.

    Obviously, what a car's capable of and what a driver can do are two very different things. I know of VR4's that should be deep in the 13's but they were doing 14 second runs at the track. You're going to encounter NA 3000GT's which can barely beat a camry, and you'll find NA ones that run down 350z's.

    All the bench racing is pretty stupid, I'll race someones 02-05 with my 06 for comparison purposes. If someone wants to, I'll even race a stock WRX with my 3000GT's charge pipe unhooked. (I have an NA converted to TT). Not exactly the same considering I have 2 big restrictions in the exhaust..but it'll be fun anyway.
    3000lbs? I know they weren't that light. Edmunds.com has them listed anywhere from 3250-3400lbs for the SL model depending on year. The VR-4 model is usually up around 3800lbs. They were nice looking cars when they were around but the N/A models were not that fast.

    I'm not a big fan of racing from a roll either. That's not a race, it's just driving fast.

    You aren't going to convince anyone on here either that a stock N/A 3000GT is going to beat a stock 350Z either, even from a roll. The 350Z put down around 230hp to the wheels and weighs about 3200lbs. At best, with the "least about of drive train loss" the 3000GT is putting down about 200hp. The 350Z also weighs less on the average. Their torque numbers are way different also. At the crank, the 350Z has about 273ftlbs (not sure what that comes down to with drive train loss to the wheels) while the 3000GT is only looking at a bit over 200, like 205ftlbs or something.

    Sorry, I don't mean to rag on you but your claims are hard to prove. You also can't compare moded cars to stock cars.

    Also, I'm not saying that the things you described can't happen or didn't happen, but IMO it is the result of poor driver vs. good driver and is not the norm...
    Last edited by Road Warrior; 03-07-2006 at 08:58 PM.
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

    Looking for an STI in the spring!

  11. #25
    Registered User ShardAerithes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wrenching under the Mitsubishi
    Posts
    390
    Yeah...3200 lbs for the SL model. With leather, electronic climate control, electronic seats, electronic suspension, heavier infinity speakers, an amp, and other crap. The base model without all that stuff is right around 3,000 lbs.

    Bah, just forget all the bench racing and look at the traps for a 350z and a modded 3000GT NA.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

    95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic


    http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

  12. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    Yeah...3200 lbs for the SL model. With leather, electronic climate control, electronic seats, electronic suspension, heavier infinity speakers, an amp, and other crap. The base model without all that stuff is right around 3,000 lbs.

    Bah, just forget all the bench racing and look at the traps for a 350z and a modded 3000GT NA.
    The weight doesn't look like it drops too far below 3200lbs for the base model with the DOHC 3L 222hp. The base model with the 160hp looks like it only comes down to about 3150lbs...

    http://www.team3s.com/FAQ-Specs1.htm
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

    Looking for an STI in the spring!

  13. #27
    Moderating U! KurleeDaddeeWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,316
    I Support ClubWRX
    Cobb Stage 2 traps at 106mph? Is that right?

    That's a faster trap than my Stage 4 VF22 equipped WRX.

  14. #28
    Registered User SCWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    Cobb Stage 2 traps at 106mph? Is that right?

    That's a faster trap than my Stage 4 VF22 equipped WRX.
    i saw that on the cobaltss forum also. just another case of the clueless informing the uninformed. stage II traps 99-101 usually

  15. #29
    Moderating U! KurleeDaddeeWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,316
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SCWRX
    i saw that on the cobaltss forum also. just another case of the clueless informing the uninformed. stage II traps 99-101 usually
    That sounds more like it. Thanks.

  16. #30
    Registered User ShardAerithes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wrenching under the Mitsubishi
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    The weight doesn't look like it drops too far below 3200lbs for the base model with the DOHC 3L 222hp. The base model with the 160hp looks like it only comes down to about 3150lbs...

    http://www.team3s.com/FAQ-Specs1.htm
    Team3s is a pretty good resource, I'm almost positive I read that the base was like 3,050 lbs or so on www.stealth316.com

    Maybe it's not, still lighter than the 3,500 lb SL.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

    95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic


    http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •