03 WRX Vs. 1.8T A4

This is a discussion on 03 WRX Vs. 1.8T A4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My buddy just put a K04 on his 1.8 and he wanted to run because he thought he was going ...

03 WRX Vs. 1.8T A4

My buddy just put a K04 on his 1.8 and he wanted to run because he thought he was going to be even with me. He has big injectors, CAI, 3in Turbo-back and a K04. I have a turbo-back I/C hoses and an uppipe. We ran from around 20 to 120 and i put about 3 buses on him, he was very disappointed.
    - Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jlb725
    My buddy just put a K04 on his 1.8 and he wanted to run because he thought he was going to be even with me. He has big injectors, CAI, 3in Turbo-back and a K04. I have a turbo-back I/C hoses and an uppipe. We ran from around 20 to 120 and i put about 3 buses on him, he was very disappointed.
    - Jim
    Is he tuned? Are you tuned? I always like to hear about WRX's winning!

I cant remeber is teh K04 from the S4 or RS 4?
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

No we both aren't tuned, I believe the K04 comes from the RS4

I doubt it, that's what most of the S4 guys run as an upgrade. A pair of them, obviously.

Your buddy's is probably a K04-15 which isn't an RS4 turbo.

Your buddy needs to invest in a GIAC chip and he'll make about 240 to 250hp crank...without that he's barely making more than stock power, most likely.

The K04 has the same external housing as the stock K03...the only difference is in the impeller and compressor wheels. Thats what's nice about it. It fits on the stock manifold, keeping the overall project sort of cheap.

Whoops, my bad. I misread what was up here.

You were replying to the other guy. Yeah, there is a version of the K04 that comes off of the RS4, but that's not the one that works with the 1.8Ts.

The 2.7TT and the 1.8T's have K03's stock. The 225hp TT has another version of the K04, which is different yet again because of the transverse motor alignment, as opposed to the A4 being longitudinal...

www.awe-tuning.com has a kit, complete with Tuning and is a GIAC reseller if he's looking for tuning...

He is friends with the owner of AWE ,so he gets all his stuff from there. With a tune I'm sure it would be a better run.

- Jim

He is friends with the owner of AWE ,so he gets all his stuff from there. With a tune I'm sure it would be a better run.

- Jim
    Good friends to have! I used to buy a lot of stuff from them when i had a '99 A4 1.8T.

Yea i have to agree, I rode in both there S4 and Porsche turbo and all i can say is wow.
    - Jim