Yet ANOTHER Evo Vs. Sti comparison....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Yet ANOTHER Evo Vs. Sti comparison.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://autos.aol.com/article/power/v...24111209990001 Discuss...

Yet ANOTHER Evo Vs. Sti comparison....

Got no religion; don't need no friends
    Got all I want and I don't need to pretend
    Don't try to reach me 'cos I'll tear up your mind
    I've seen the future and I've left it behind

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good review, but boy did they praise the Evo, lol.

Man, I really want an Evo IX MR
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Assuming stock v stock, the question really becomes are you willing to sacrifice all creature comforts for that last 10% of perfomance? If so buy the Evo.

Now if you are modding them, then the I think the Evo is the clear winner. But god damn do I miss cruise control and lust after climate control...

Nice review. They at least got decent times out of the cars...
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

Quote Originally Posted by CannonBaller
    Assuming stock v stock, the question really becomes are you willing to sacrifice all creature comforts for that last 10% of perfomance? If so buy the Evo.

Now if you are modding them, then the I think the Evo is the clear winner. But god damn do I miss cruise control and lust after climate control...

What Creature comforts? I have sat in both and yeah the STI certainly looks goot but did you ever sit in the back seat? The Evo has a LOT more room. and NOBODY buys an STI for creature comforts like nobody buys a Ferrari for creature comforts. If you really wanted that, you woulda had a VW R32 or a G35 and so on.

Later Evo's have cruise control I think.

My final decision was based on "cruise control" sorry!
    There is no such thing as, "too much Horse Power"!

2005 STi CGM
    Cobb Stage 1
    K&N Typhoon Intake

Quote Originally Posted by Chiketkd
    I was reading a review a few weeks agp where they ran the 06 Evo 9 vs. the 06 STi and they ran the cars from 0-60 in around 5.7-5.8 and did the 1/4 in 14.5 for the evo and 14.6 for the STi............ Boy that review was fun to read!!!! haha.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

I have an 05 with no cruise control. Lets think of some things that make the Subaru more comfortable:

Better radio
    Climate control
    Gas tank larger than a thimble
    Less precise steering ratio - read: you won't find yourself on the shoulder if you sneeze
    Softer suspension (assuming a GSR)

The STI is definately more comfortable as a commuter car.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernaut
    and NOBODY buys an STI for creature comforts like nobody buys a Ferrari for creature comforts.
    WRONG... So nobody is buying the STI because it more comfortable on their daily commute? I have spoken with several people who went with the STI over the Evo for that very reason. They had no intention of modding, both were plenty fast, but the STI was better suited for their daily driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernaut
    Later Evo's have cruise control I think.
    WRONG again...

... double

If it's comfort, both have down sides to it. Back seat on the STI, as mentioned, is tight... but ride and other amenities are great for daily driving. The back seat on the EVO maybe spacious, but ride is much harsh compare to the STI. In other words, these cars are not made for comfortable ride for daily driving, although, people with a taste of performance will not mind the downsides of comfort on either models, unlike any ordinary driver of "point A to point B" and so forth. These are machines that are built with more emphasis in performance, of course, with some comfort, but to a limited extent.

I've yet to see a sports car that's gone from 0-60mph in 4.X sec, cuts quickly through a slalom, etc. such as the STI or EVO and drives very comfortably as those as the minivans and other comfort creature vehicles, with or without modding in mind.
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 03-02-2006 at 01:41 AM.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiketkd
    Not really for the STI. 5.4 and 13.6 1/4 mile? Motor Trend got 4.5 and 13.0 for an 06. I've seen better in almost all other reviews. MT gave the nod to the STI in that review.

In this review the STI did beat it in braking and tied in skidpad .93. I don't think that car was broken in yet.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

When I drive, I tend not to sit in the back seat!
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

I tend to think inline fours in a car seem buzzy and cheap sounding. I really like the perfect primary and secondary balance of the flat four. Beats a counterbalanced I-4 any day. The sound is more musical to me too. That stuff is important on a long drive, and in living with a car for thousands of miles, not just for a couple of tire squealing days on a test track.

Quote Originally Posted by CannonBaller
    WRONG... So nobody is buying the STI because it more comfortable on their daily commute? I have spoken with several people who went with the STI over the Evo for that very reason. They had no intention of modding, both were plenty fast, but the STI was better suited for their daily driving.

WRONG again...

It is like splitting hiars here. I mean nobody buys an STI for a softly sprung cruiser. It sure is softer then an Evo but not like by a mile. The MAIN reason it offers better daily driving is the fact it runs a 2.5 which means it makes power from 1500 on, the evo needs 3000 grand and then WHOA.

NO DOUBT the Sti is a better daily driver, the back seats are smaller though so the Evo offers more rear room and trunk space.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.