Yet ANOTHER Evo Vs. Sti comparison.... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Yet ANOTHER Evo Vs. Sti comparison.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by britishbikes I tend to think inline fours in a car seem buzzy and cheap sounding. I really ...

Quote Originally Posted by britishbikes
    I tend to think inline fours in a car seem buzzy and cheap sounding. I really like the perfect primary and secondary balance of the flat four. Beats a counterbalanced I-4 any day. The sound is more musical to me too. That stuff is important on a long drive, and in living with a car for thousands of miles, not just for a couple of tire squealing days on a test track.

Inlines kick ass, and make sick topend power. Look at the Evo, they make 550WHP on a stock bottom end if you ask it to, same with 2JZGTE, the setup REALLY impresses as is used in the Skyline, TVR's and even the M3 and so on.

As for me I live the inline design, it offers better performance numbers then most V Configurations, Flats are nice too and must work well as Porsche uses them. If you are refering to teh buzzy sound of a Honda they I blame the poor exhaust choice of the ricer who straight piped his DX. As for teh Evo they sound quite good with the proper exhaust and even Better with a BB turbo, but you can always tell the burble of a WRX, there are many in my area and I can always tell when they are comming.
    Got no religion; don't need no friends
    Got all I want and I don't need to pretend
    Don't try to reach me 'cos I'll tear up your mind
    I've seen the future and I've left it behind

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Now I have owned both, and i agree the article was a little biased toward the Mitsu. This is also an EXACT word for word copy of another comparison I read a month or two ago.

Anyways, Neither car has creature comforts. the cruise control was a nice feature, but it landed me a few speeding tickets, so I stopped using it. And Subaru's climate control SUCKS. I don't want my vents CONSTANTLY blowing 80000 CFM just to keep the same temp. I don't mind reaching over occasionally to move the temp knob one or two clicks. If you want a car for creature comforts, go buy a friggin Lexus. You can't honestly base your decision between these two cars on cruise control. They're way too different in so many other ways.

Oh, and about ride quality... The STi was ok, but my MR is great. It's firm, of course, but doesn't get hung up on big bumps like the STi did.

I read one fanboy comment after another, and it makes me realize just how ignorant some people can be.
    Last edited by bigd; 03-03-2006 at 10:17 PM.
    Dave
    01 RS

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    Now I have owned both, and i agree the article was a little biased toward the Mitsu. This is also an EXACT word for word copy of another comparison I read a month or two ago.

Anyways, Neither car has creature comforts. the cruise control was a nice feature, but it landed me a few speeding tickets, so I stopped using it. And Subaru's climate control SUCKS. I don't want my vents CONSTANTLY blowing 80000 CFM just to keep the same temp. I don't mind reaching over occasionally to move the temp knob one or two clicks. If you want a car for creature comforts, go buy a friggin Lexus. You can't honestly base your decision between these two cars on cruise control. They're way too different in so many other ways.
    That review is just insane the more I look at it... Cruise control landed you a few speeding tickets?! You blame that on the car?! I blame that on the idiot behind the wheel. I don't care what kind of car you drive, where you're from, or who you know, it's assinine to attempt to blame that on anybody or anything but yourself (not you bigd, the person who wrote that review). Just because you don't know how to use it, doesn't mean the feature isn't useful to people who do know how to use it! I have it and use it, but I wouldn't care if I didn't have it. This isn't a 'fanboy' comment, it's just an "Are you ****ing kidding me?!" comment...
    Last edited by MidKnight; 03-04-2006 at 12:08 AM.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    That review is just insane the more I look at it... Cruise control landed you a few speeding tickets?! You blame that on the car?! I blame that on the idiot behind the wheel. I don't care what kind of car you drive, where you're from, or who you know, it's assinine to attempt to blame that on anybody or anything but yourself (not you bigd, the person who wrote that review). Just because you don't know how to use it, doesn't mean the feature isn't useful to people who do know how to use it! I have it and use it, but I wouldn't care if I didn't have it. This isn't a 'fanboy' comment, it's just an "Are you ****ing kidding me?!" comment...
    Yes *I* got the tickets, *I'm the idiot behind the wheel*, thanks for the lesson in morality and responsibility.

I'm not *actually* blaming an inanimate object for the tickets. The CC expedited the tickets because when you use it, you don't tend to pay attention to your speed as much, and it reduces your reaction time to slow down. It's way too easy to "set it and forget it". I set the CC 10mph above the speed limit because I was driving through the suicidally boring stretch of I-70 through western Kansas that has nothing, I mean NOTHING for hundreds of miles except a random billboard and some tumbleweeds. The only people actually driving the speed limit were the random overloaded station wagons pulling Uhaul trailers.

The decision-making differences shouldn't be that one has CC, or the other has a couple inches more legroom. That's stuff that you base a decision on when buying a minivan. The car's personalities are too different. The "fanboy" comments I was referring to were (not just in this thread) when someone says "the *blank* is way better, its faster, more comfortable, looks WAY better, blah blah... Those comments just get under my skin because they're terribly closed minded, and I see it on every forum I've ever been on.
    Dave
    01 RS

I never understood peoples excitement over cruise control. I've never used it on any car I've ever had.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    Yes *I* got the tickets, *I'm the idiot behind the wheel*, thanks for the lesson in morality and responsibility.

I'm not *actually* blaming an inanimate object for the tickets. The CC expedited the tickets because when you use it, you don't tend to pay attention to your speed as much, and it reduces your reaction time to slow down. It's way too easy to "set it and forget it". I set the CC 10mph above the speed limit because I was driving through the suicidally boring stretch of I-70 through western Kansas that has nothing, I mean NOTHING for hundreds of miles except a random billboard and some tumbleweeds. The only people actually driving the speed limit were the random overloaded station wagons pulling Uhaul trailers.

The decision-making differences shouldn't be that one has CC, or the other has a couple inches more legroom. That's stuff that you base a decision on when buying a minivan. The car's personalities are too different. The "fanboy" comments I was referring to were (not just in this thread) when someone says "the *blank* is way better, its faster, more comfortable, looks WAY better, blah blah... Those comments just get under my skin because they're terribly closed minded, and I see it on every forum I've ever been on.
    I know highways can get boring. Stuff happens...

Anyway, I think you're right that basing which one of these cars is better off of those things is silly. At the end of the day, in the context of the entire automotive market, these cars are very similar. In the end, which one you like better is a decision based as much on emotion and feel as anything else. I think that's why it can be such a polarizing topic of discussion.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.