is300 Vs. Wrx
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on is300 Vs. Wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Which do you think would win? The is300 is bone stock with an auto trans and the wrx is an ...

Lightbulb is300 Vs. Wrx

Which do you think would win? The is300 is bone stock with an auto trans and the wrx is an 02 with a munual and a gutted up pipe. If i decide to race I will have $200 on it
    I have seen internet numbers that say that I should win but always want more than one opinion.
    Thank for the feedback

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you will whoop on the IS300 hands down. that is, if you don't horribly bog on your launch
    2002 WRX Sedan
    World Rally Blue
    OEM front lip, Cwest skirts and rear lip
    STi rear wing
    JDM Greddy turbo timer

why would an auto bone stock is300 wanna race for money? Are you sure his stock?
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

They're slower than the new Civic SI so you'll prob win if he's stock.

my buddy has a stock auto IS300 and I have driven it before and they are not that quick. I have an auto WRX and my car felt much more stronger stock so for you to have a manual, it should win w/o a problem.
    03 WRX MBP
    DB 18g | Megan DP | Gutted UP | Borla CB | Perrin Turbo Inlet | Perrin Big MAF | Walbro FP | Denso Iridiums | Torque Converter | ValveBody | APS TMIC | 680cc FI

it wouldnt even be a race from a dig...bet as much money as you can

i was beating my buddy with a stock auto trans IS300 from a dig and had to stop at the end of second gear, if that. That was when i was stock.
    -05' Crystal Grey Metallic WRX
    -Omori boost/egt gauges
    -ERZ up/down
    -Magnaflow Catback
    -Cobb stage 2

yeah he might say hes stock but if hes blown it will be bye bye to you in a hurry my friend has an is300 but its manual stock for now, and I am stg2, by the end of second gear i put about a bus length on him even without launching but he then stays much closer in 3rd their gearing and our AWD makes the cars very close at higher speeds, never went past 80 though so don't know if 4th gear would be a disaster for me.
    Last edited by subaru_crazy; 03-02-2006 at 11:37 AM.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Quote Originally Posted by subaru_crazy
    yeah he might say hes stock but if hes blown it will be bye bye to you in a hurry my friend has an is300 but its manual stock for now, and I am stg2, by the end of second gear i put about a bus length on him even without launching but he then stays much closer in 3rd their gearing and our AWD makes the cars very close at higher speeds, never went past 80 though so don't know if 4th gear would be a disaster for me.

mmm no way you should be losing to one or even think you might lose to a stock one wit a cobb stage 2 wrx. I handed z's their a$$ with a bugeye with up/dp/catback +mbc. Have more confidence in your car!!! or make sure nothing is wrong with it.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

unless it's a turbo IS300, there is no way in hekk he has a chance of beating you.
    03' C i

If he really is stock....you have no worries.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

http://fast-autos.net/vehicles/Lexus/2001/IS300/

they are slower than a mini cooper s, so you should definetly beat him by a mile (maybe even literally! ) you have nothin to worry about!!!
    My Car: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT spec. B #371

my friend has an intake in his auto IS, and he was proud to beat a celica.

nuff said

IS300's are only a threat with FI. Even with bolt-ons they are still "slow". They are nice cars though, always liked the IS300 in black.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

I raced a stock auto is300 with my pretty much stock 5 spd wrx (catback), and took him by 2-3 cars from 0-70 with no launch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.