Ah nuts. Beat by another SRT4 in Newark... - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Ah nuts. Beat by another SRT4 in Newark... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jigga nice loss! I have learned too to never ever underestimate them.... With that 2.4L engine, it ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jigga
    nice loss! I have learned too to never ever underestimate them.... With that 2.4L engine, it seems all too easy for them to make some really good power out of them.... Very impressive cars..
    I am still impressed with the motor in these cars. It is by far my favorite motor in any car I have ever owned. Huge amounts of torque are available at very low RPM's. It reminds me a lot of my 350ci motor in my 69' Firebird. The stock turbo spools around 2200rpms with virtually no lag in any gear. The transmission seems to be rather bullet proof as well. Its only weaknesses are the Neon body and the FWD application. I would love to put one of these motors in something RWD or AWD and a different body style. It would make for a very respectable build up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911
    yea there is a neon coming from the dealer stage 3 everything ! thats might be why he got beat !
    ok we have an actual track down here in orange county neons aint doin s#!t down here !

i would say some dealers could install the stage 3 and sell it as new. but its not from dodge that way. dealer installed options (also means no warranty). also a stage 3 (no offense) would have gottin away alot faster then that. 350 on pump and 375whp on 100oct with no tuning of adjusting needed.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

bump for a newark guy...UD man?
    '06 wrx wr-blue

The next srt-4 will be fwd=sucky. And "it will still be a caliber!" I am sorry, but I would rather drive my slower wrx all day then the caliber srt-4 even if it would smoke me. The level of finish in the subie is waaaaay above the chevy. and wow......rlly old thread
    Originally posted by BlkWrxWag:
    You will not have these performance issues if you stick to racing in school zones. The WRX ECU is specially tuned to recognize these areas and increase boost accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by wr06x
    The next srt-4 will be fwd=sucky. And "it will still be a caliber!" I am sorry, but I would rather drive my slower wrx all day then the caliber srt-4 even if it would smoke me. The level of finish in the subie is waaaaay above the chevy. and wow......rlly old thread
    dodge makes the caliber and chevy makes the cobalt which one is it? either way you look at, which mostly be from the rear. it'll be faster then the current srt4 and still cost less then everyother car with the same numbers. i for one think its ugly to tall and over weight. but i'll be happy to yank some parts off of it later on.
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

my bad, i forgot its dodge who makes the neon/caliber. Nevertheless, the subie has way more character than a numb, domestic, hopped up econobox. Not that it wont be fast...
    Originally posted by BlkWrxWag:
    You will not have these performance issues if you stick to racing in school zones. The WRX ECU is specially tuned to recognize these areas and increase boost accordingly.

Idk. newark is a bad place to race...a good place is rd 7. not condoning it or anything...im always on 7 though...tons of up and back runs...er...i mean...so i've heard...from people...who aren't there??? IDK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    I am still impressed with the motor in these cars. It is by far my favorite motor in any car I have ever owned. Huge amounts of torque are available at very low RPM's. It reminds me a lot of my 350ci motor in my 69' Firebird. The stock turbo spools around 2200rpms with virtually no lag in any gear. The transmission seems to be rather bullet proof as well. Its only weaknesses are the Neon body and the FWD application. I would love to put one of these motors in something RWD or AWD and a different body style. It would make for a very respectable build up.
    the new 2.4L in the Calibur is not the same one that's found in the Neon SRT-4. the Calibur SRT-4 engine will remain 2.4L but will be all aluminum and possibly open deck. at the most, semi-closed deck, but i don't think it's fully sleeved like the Neon SRT-4. also, the Neon SRT-4 had an iron block, not aluminum.

this is the new 2.4L engine that was co-developed by Chrysler, Hyundai, and Mitsubishi. in other words, the Calibur SRT-4 won't be the mammoth monster of modifications that the Neon SRT-4 was.

i thought over and over about doing a powertrain swap from the SRT-4 but a boxer engine has more personality, and it's not worth the cost of finding a RWD chassis that will fit the powertrain, turning the transmission backwards and doing all sorts of supporting mods, etc.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentdawn
    Idk. newark is a bad place to race...a good place is rd 7. not condoning it or anything...im always on 7 though...tons of up and back runs...er...i mean...so i've heard...from people...who aren't there??? IDK!!!

which end of town do you pick up rt7 on. not to familier with that area. usually we do the down and back way out elkon newark road then "cruise" back towards the 95 overpass.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

nah i dont go to school there... my job is in wilmington and i live in newark.
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.