Ah nuts. Beat by another SRT4 in Newark... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ah nuts. Beat by another SRT4 in Newark... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 then what will the general public do with out there "well its still a neon" bit ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    then what will the general public do with out there "well its still a neon" bit when they get smoked by that ugly ass wagon.
    "it's still FWD"

seriously though, Dodge missed the bulls eye when they kept it FWD. AWD would've made it a very awesome all around car.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    "it's still FWD"

seriously though, Dodge missed the bulls eye when they kept it FWD. AWD would've made it a very awesome all around car.
    whats very very stupid is the sxt/rt model have AWD as an OPTION! wtf were they thinking. on the plus side though i read the srt4 caliber will get 255s all around on 19X9s
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    "it's still FWD"

They just missed the bulls eye...? Hell they missed the entire board by making it a crossover wagon thingamajiggy...
    2006 Subaru WRX STi
    Helix JDM Length Catless Downpipe (Heat Wrapped) - JDM Fujitsubo Catback - Cobb AccessPort With Stage 2 Map - Ported Wastegate - Ported Turbo Inlet - GP Moto Header (Heat Wrapped) - GFB 50/50 BOV - Group N Motor Mounts - Group N Tranny Mounts - Turbo Heat Wrap Kit

Installing soon... K-Sport Coilovers and Defi Gauges!

whats very very stupid is the sxt/rt model have AWD as an OPTION! wtf were they thinking. on the plus side though i read the srt4 caliber will get 255s all around on 19X9s
    How is that a plus? That will slow the car down even more... The 17s were already heavy to begin with, now they put even heavier 19s on it...
    2006 Subaru WRX STi
    Helix JDM Length Catless Downpipe (Heat Wrapped) - JDM Fujitsubo Catback - Cobb AccessPort With Stage 2 Map - Ported Wastegate - Ported Turbo Inlet - GP Moto Header (Heat Wrapped) - GFB 50/50 BOV - Group N Motor Mounts - Group N Tranny Mounts - Turbo Heat Wrap Kit

Installing soon... K-Sport Coilovers and Defi Gauges!

Hey my cousin works at dodge.
    he said there are some stage 3 stock neons that dodge makes maby thats the reason.
    ive never lost to a srt b4 dough and i dont have much done to my car
    i mess with like 90's - 04 reg vets and mess them up all day ! i have problems with z06's but i get them on the highway when the road get bumpy and curvy !

Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    How is that a plus? That will slow the car down even more... The 17s were already heavy to begin with, now they put even heavier 19s on it...

well unlike awd where you guys want to get rid of wheel weight in our case it adds traction. heavy and tall wheels are harder to turn and harder to break loose. but my first mod would be 17x9 with 265s. also teh stock wheels are only 21lbs. not that great but not that heavy.
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911
    he said there are some stage 3 stock neons that dodge makes maby thats the reason.
    i mess with like 90's - 04 reg vets and mess them up all day ! i have problems with z06's but i get them on the highway when the road get bumpy and curvy !

what in the world did u just say? a stock stage 3 neon from dodge is a reason for what? and you just havn't met a srt with enough done to, which is the same for any car that starts out slower then another.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    They just missed the bulls eye...? Hell they missed the entire board by making it a crossover wagon thingamajiggy...
    nah, it was smart to get rid of the Neon. it had its day in the sun with all the high school girls. the Caliber was supposed to be a fresh start and would've been tough to beat if it had AWD
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

what in the world did u just say? a stock stage 3 neon from dodge is a reason for what? and you just havn't met a srt with enough done to, which is the same for any car that starts out slower then another.
    yea there is a neon coming from the dealer stage 3 everything ! thats might be why he got beat !
    ok we have an actual track down here in orange county neons aint doin s#!t down here !

yea there is a neon coming from the dealer stage 3 everything ! thats might be why he got beat !
    ok we have an actual track down here in orange county neons aint doin s#!t down here !
    the one I raced was definitely modded. i figure two things...

1. if I didnt have my exhaust and passenger in the car

-and-

2. we started the race at the same time, rather then him starting behind me and me starting once he was closer to me

I may have won but its all symantics.

After my protune I will be ready to go
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

Quote Originally Posted by Padge
    the one I raced was definitely modded. i figure two things...

1. if I didnt have my exhaust and passenger in the car

-and-

2. we started the race at the same time, rather then him starting behind me and me starting once he was closer to me

I may have won but its all symantics.

After my protune I will be ready to go
    you waited for him to spped up, get next to you and then you took off ?
    well yea i can see why he beat you. cuz he was already going faster and turbo already spooled up...
    i would consider that a real race
    you know what i mean

you waited for him to spped up, get next to you and then you took off ?
    well yea i can see why he beat you. cuz he was already going faster and turbo already spooled up...
    i would consider that a real race
    you know what i mean
    *** WOULD NOT CONSIDER THAT A REAL RACE *******

yea i saw him coming up fast, so i gassed it up so by the time he was up to me I was able to stay even with him... but that was only till the end of 4th or so
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

I Support ClubWRX
    You can beat a new Z06? Or even an older Z06? Please explain. If I remember correctly, you are still on the stock turbo yes? If that is the case, I'd like to see this in person. A Z06 is a monster on any paved road, bumpy and curvy or not. It would take some major modifications to an STi to take on and beat a Z06.
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 03-21-2006 at 05:25 AM.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

^ ^ ^ +1 Z06's are beasts. They also handle great. Maybe the reason you beat them on the rough stuff is because they didn't want to beat on their cars.
    '04 STI WRB,FP Green'ed and Protuned. (Gone )

366.7whp/374.1wtq @20psi on 92 octane

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.