2006 STI vs. Lightning

This is a discussion on 2006 STI vs. Lightning within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This has been a busy week for me! 3 kills in one week! I just had a chance to race ...

Thumbs up 2006 STI vs. Lightning

This has been a busy week for me! 3 kills in one week! I just had a chance to race a F-150 Lightning, it was one of the 03-04 models. We raced 3 times.

1. I was behind him at the light, he punched it and I started off good then mis-shifted going into 2nd and he was 2-3 car lengths ahead.

2. I was behind him again, and he took off hard with no wheelspin and I was able to get around him into the other lane and pull 1 length at about 70.

3. Side by side at the light, I could smell his brakes cookin... I got a good 3k launch and he had a lot of wheelspin, I jumped 2.5 - 3 lengths immediately and was about 5 lengths ahead when I shut down at 80 - 85.

I'm pretty sure his truck was stock and I have a stage II, so as far as horsepower we were probably pretty even. My car is just a little lighter.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

He most likely wasnt stock, one of my good friends has a Lighning with some work done and has trouble with STi's.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

Nice runs, but the problem with Lightnings is their weight and they are poor aerodynamically. But with enough power thay can be ultrafast (who can't, right?). I got a buddy going for 9s this season in his Lightning with very little weight reduction.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

They are def. easy to get power out of and my buddies sounds mean as $**** with full exhaust and headers.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.