Did I run a fake/fukked SRT-4?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Did I run a fake/fukked SRT-4? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The other night on the way home from work I ran into this black SRT-4 on the highway. I was ...

Did I run a fake/fukked SRT-4?

The other night on the way home from work I ran into this black SRT-4 on the highway. I was behind him just crusin along when he moved over and waved me to come along side. Clearly he wanted to play and from 60+ I figured my Utec Stage III was about to get smoked. Needless to say we both jumped on it and from 60 to 120 I put 3 to 4 cars on him. WTF? He had a girl in the car with him but I can't see that making much difference at 60. Besides she was only around 120lbs from what I could see.

Now I KNOW a normal neon wouldn't even come close. It would have been 10 to 20 cars. Also know an SRT-4 should have beaten me from a 60+ roll. The only thing I can think of is it's modded and someone was completely clueless as to what he was doing.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

did it have the dual exhaust in the back? was it loud? did you see the hood scoop? red brake calipers?
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    did it have the dual exhaust in the back? was it loud? did you see the hood scoop? red brake calipers?
    I know what an SRT-4 looks like.. And if this was a neon they did the whole front clip, wheels, wing, and exhaust. It was just getting night time so I couldn't make out a FMIC in my mirrors.

Now with that said I have been fooled before. A guy with a Lancer did a good enough job that with the hood down you wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't an EVO. After he popped the hood my 1st thought was "Man if he just spent the money he used to make it look like an EVO he could have gotten one.".
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

I I've raced a stock SRT4 on DRs. He put 2.5 cars on me at the launch because I bogged. At the end, I pulled him in, and put over a car on him. This was on a Cobb OTS VF34 map that ran horribly on my car. Stock TMIC. I'm talking less than 10psi of boost before 4k & max boost of 14.5psi, 2psi short of target. It probably only made 230-240whp. If your TXS III, then thats around where you should be at. If it was from a high roll, I'm sure the results would have been similar to yours.
    Last edited by MF-DIF; 02-24-2006 at 05:43 AM.
    '04 Impreza WRX - WRB/Gold

What he said^^^^
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

stock/poor driver/lightly modded/ all of the above..

pick one.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    stock/poor driver/lightly modded/ all of the above..

pick one.
    Really? For some reason I thought a stock SRT-4 would walk me from a roll that fast.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Dodge is selling a regular neon that has the scoop, spoiler and the dual outlet exhaust. May have been that, or could have been what other people have said already.

Good job man... sounds like that could be the difference between him running from 4th instead of 3rd.... Who knows, maybe your car is nuts... you guys should be about even... how would you do compared to a from those conditions, because from a roll, the srt-4 and sti are pretty close..... +1sti but not by a whole lot
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

You have a faster car and you're a better driver!!
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

It's possable he has a boost leak and doesn't even know it.

Plus it's amazing what can happen on the street. The other day I raced a stock srt with a hole in the waste gate line so his boost was around 20 dropping to 15. He put three cars on me from a 40 mph roll, all before I could even hook up. lol

I would think to walk a stock srt like that you'd need a good bit more than 235 hp.

actually its possible he ran into a dodge neon srt, its basically a se or sxt with the srt package, minus the 2.4 engine and it being boosted. the best way to distinguish the srt from the real srt-4 is
    1-the rear badge, if it says srt-4 then its boosted
    2-the srt-4 has 2 small holes under the hood whereas the piece is solid on the srt
    here's what i mean
    pic below is a 'normal' neon:
    http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/0...3neon_srt1.jpg

this is the boost srt-4:
    http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...28654.1-lg.jpg

so there you have it. hope that helps.

actually thats the super charge concept pic, but close enough. the srtdesign has the srt front bumper, minus the nostrils as shown above. it also steals the srt4s hood and has the rear wing. but has the stock looking dual exhaust which is tiny. 2inch or so. the most identifing feature is the srtdesign retain the stock sxt wheels.

[
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

2004srt4, you're from lancaster? so am i. i think i see you around since yours blue around prolly manhiem pike.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    actually thats the super charge concept pic, but close enough. the srtdesign has the srt front bumper, minus the nostrils as shown above. it also steals the srt4s hood and has the rear wing. but has the stock looking dual exhaust which is tiny. 2inch or so. the most identifing feature is the srtdesign retain the stock sxt wheels.

[
    Well I can't tell for sure if it didn't have the "nostrils" or not. It did have the SRT wheels, but thats an easy change for a fake SRT-4.

I'm 99% sure I would put more then 3 cars on a normal Neon but didn't expect to distance myself that much from an SRT-4 or at all. So I'm guessing either a funked SRT-4 or an SRT+N02?
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.