Raced a SRT-4 Today

This is a discussion on Raced a SRT-4 Today within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Was driving back from lunch and I see a SRT-4 with a loud exhaust weaving through traffic. I've never raced ...

Raced a SRT-4 Today

Was driving back from lunch and I see a SRT-4 with a loud exhaust weaving through traffic. I've never raced one with my STI. I just happened to be lucky enough to roll up along side of him at a stop sign. I say 'Whats Up" and there was 2 teenagers in there with grins on their faces. I revved and so did they and I dropped/slipped at 5500 and burned all four wheels (my poor clutch ) and I smoked them like they were towing a house behind them. Well almost ... I jumped 2 lengths immediately and by 110 they were at least 6 - 7 carlenghts behind me. I know he had an exhaust and not sure what else. I stopped at the next stop sign, did a u-turn and gave them a thumbs up as they had just got to the stop sign.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill but everyone knows real races start from a roll
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

110mph on regular streets? Nice kill but 110mph is a little excessive on public roads.
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    110mph on regular streets? Nice kill but 110mph is a little excessive on public roads.
    +1

Save it for the track.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

Quote Originally Posted by Skreekin
    +1

Save it for the track.
    I don't really see the point of street racing to those types of speeds... I mean if you have to go into 4th gear from a stop then you should be at a track. I don't mind the occasional blasting someone out of the hole to like 60 or 70 for a short period of time but why go higher than that? All cars can get to 110mph eventually, it's no big deal. You aren't impressing anyone, just compromising lives.
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    I don't really see the point of street racing to those types of speeds... I mean if you have to go into 4th gear from a stop then you should be at a track. I don't mind the occasional blasting someone out of the hole to like 60 or 70 for a short period of time but why go higher than that? All cars can get to 110mph eventually, it's no big deal. You aren't impressing anyone, just compromising lives.
    Yes I agree, I have a rule for myself not race anyone over 100, by that point it's pretty obvious who won. I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I didn't want him to do the standard SRT-4 fly by...The road we were on was perfectly straight with no side streets for anyone to pull in front of me. But yes it was stupid, and I got carried away with my new stage II setup. Thanks for the sound advice.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Nice kill
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

i no all to well racing sti's from a dig. i new i'd get beat but its still fun anyway. raced a guy once (stage 2 sti) around my age - 19-23 area. had a buddy also had the cocky look. we messed around one person hitting in or the other. finally we catch a light owell, i'll give it a shot. i heard him takin 45--5500 not holding a steady rev. great. he's no how to drive. light turns green he's off like a fkcin rocket 5-6 cars. while i limp out in 1st, peddle my way through second hes over 7 cars ahead. im guessing he stayed in it till around 100 or so cause i'm was pullin him in like crazy, but i only got 2cars away before he left off. of course he would have nothing of going from a roll.

good kill. unless srt owners run drs on the street no sti should lose to any srt from a stop to 80-90
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rex=my_life
    Nice kill
    + Guacamole
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.