2006 STI vs. 2006 Mustang GT - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2006 STI vs. 2006 Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A stage 2 STi should put quite a few more lengths than that on a new V8 mustang. I easily ...

I Support ClubWRX
    A stage 2 STi should put quite a few more lengths than that on a new V8 mustang.

I easily pulled a new GT from a 60 mph roll with my stage 2 Legacy GT. It was no question which car was faster...by quite a bit.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, they're fun to play with sometimes. I had one hunt me down a while ago. He was just cruising and I was doing about 50 in a 45, just as I pass him he nails the gas, I guess his panties got in a bunch having an import with its cruise control on pass him. I was already going fast enough so I just left him alone. He slowed down and commenced to the playing with me bit when luck would have it, the light ahead turned red. He sat there revving and generally acting like an inbred monkey through the whole light. I note no cars around and the turn light turning yellow so I tach up. Light turned and it was over from the beginning, I let off at about 65 pulling on him hard with quite a fews car between us. We get at another light and he starts making excuses, "I didn't get a good launch, blah blah". I said "launch had nothing to do with it, I put more ponies to the ground than you make at the crank". He didn't like that and his only retort was "f#$king riceboy". I just rolled my eyes. When the light turned he lit the tires up as his only show of manliness. This was with my little PE1820 wagon.

They're not all slow though, one of my friends has a procharged 05 and he mops the floor with me with far less money in mods than I have.

Personally I think the 05+ stangs are pretty damn sexy, I can't wait to see what the retro-ized 07 camaro will look like in person. Although I'm not really a fanboy for any genre, I love some good ol american muscle. I miss my 900whp 53 Bel Air(closer to 1200 with nitrous), never should have sold it.
    an 05 wrx wagon with a few mods and an 06 G35 sedan with none.

I think you can find that kind of BS attitude in just about any car, (heck, can probably find a moron driving a Bently is you looked hard enough).

Vortec huh? Cool. Less low end grunt with those, more high end zoom.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12