05 wrx vs heavily modded integra

This is a discussion on 05 wrx vs heavily modded integra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; last night i got out of a late movie around 11:00, so on my way home i pull into a ...

05 wrx vs heavily modded integra

last night i got out of a late movie around 11:00, so on my way home i pull into a two-lane turning lane. In front of me is a debadged, modded crx, to the left of me is a lifted f-150 with a loud exhaust, and behind me is a heavily modded late model integra. When the light turns, the truck is immediately dusted by all 3 of us (dont know why he even tried). RIght after the truck is outa the way, i move into the trucks lane and pass up the crx w/o leaving 2nd. During all of this, the integra is keeping up as best as he can with me and doesn't actually fall too far behind (i only got up to about 80 before i let off). So a few lights up the same integra pulls up next to me and its some big hispanic guy w/one of his friends riding up front. When the light turns, we both gun it and i get about 1.5 cars on him before 70mph, about the same time the 4 lane turns into a 2 lane conveniently enough. The guy pulled up next to me again his next chance and he started talking to me and asking me if my car was a turbo or not . Anyway, the dude turned out to be pretty cool and his car was modded, although not as much as i had guessed (catback exhaust, cai, shortthrow shifter).
    After racing the integra from a dig my car started doing something wierd. Really hot air started coming out of my vents. I checked my ac/heater, but the heat wasn't even on, and it was really cold outside. I turned on the ac and tried to cool the air, but i could only minimally cool the air. Anybody know what was happening?
    Last edited by pjb2006; 02-21-2006 at 05:50 PM.
    black 2005 WRX @ 16 psi

Tsudo up/down pipe, HKS catback, Txs intake, Txs rfl bov, Perrin crank pulley, Txs boost controller, Autometer NV boost gauge

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill, but be careful, there are some modded teg's that are seriouse. My best friend has a boosted integra and it will stay neck and neck with me from a 30mph roll and will walkmy a$$ at higher speeds.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

Yea, I raced an integra before that ran a 12.2.... The hot air is an effect of you pushing your engine to the max from racing, happens whenever I get on it too.

i figured the hot air was caused by pushin my engine, just makin sure that it doesn't mean i hurt something in the process. Maybe i've just never noticed it before that night.
    black 2005 WRX @ 16 psi

Tsudo up/down pipe, HKS catback, Txs intake, Txs rfl bov, Perrin crank pulley, Txs boost controller, Autometer NV boost gauge

Nice kill.

I used to beat stock or near stock wrx's all the time with my GSR from a roll, but truth be told, the integra is no match from a dig. Horrible wheel hopp and spinning.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Well I don't drive a wrx but I found out when I get up to like 80-90+mph area my ac vents go from the car circulation to the fresh air vent setting and that pushes hot air in because it's just grabbing engine heat.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Happy 420 posts reaper :}
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

Quote Originally Posted by BillFromTR
    Happy 420 posts reaper :}
    Thanks mang, I celebrated it how it should be celebrated........
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.