05 WRX Stage 2 vs. 01 Mustang GT w/mods - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 05 WRX Stage 2 vs. 01 Mustang GT w/mods within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 05silverWRX I don't agree with that. A stock 01 is going to run a 14 @100. A ...

Quote Originally Posted by 05silverWRX
    I don't agree with that. A stock 01 is going to run a 14 @100. A stock WRX is going to run a 14.5 @95. Sooooo, that doesn't look like a WRX is going to beat it to me, especially from a roll. I know that sometimes we can have blind loyalty to the WRX, but sometimes you just have to look at the facts.
    a stock 06 wrx is capable of running 13.8 1/4 mile. Mustang GT's aren't that fast anyway. An automatic GT runs 15's in a 1/4 mile. Most mustang GT's run 14.44 at 94 MPH stock. Now the 05 GT can do 13's and trap at 97 those are the fast ones.
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

99 to 04 GT's put down about 210 to 220 to the wheels. WRX's put down about 170. The 300 lb advantage for the WRX isn't enough to overcome that power deficit. A stock WRX would be ahead for a little bit due to awd, but after that it would be a while till they evened out based on gearing. From a 10 to 30 roll start, the GT is going to win hands down.
    2013 WRX SWP

Where did you get the 13.8 number for the 06? That sounds a little bogus. Just like the 14.1 that Car and Driver ran in the 02 which no one ever duplicated again.
    2013 WRX SWP

Where did you get the 13.8 number for the 06? That sounds a little bogus. Just like the 14.1 that Car and Driver ran in the 02 which no one ever duplicated again.
    there was a post here where somebody ran a 13.8 at 100 something mph on a bone stock 06 wrx.

I am pretty sure he said it was using a GTECH, which pretty much negates any value of those numbers.
    2013 WRX SWP

I am pretty sure he said it was using a GTECH, which pretty much negates any value of those numbers.
    wrong one. He showed a timeslip not gtech numbers

That's pretty impressive. What was his trap?
    2013 WRX SWP

That's pretty impressive. What was his trap?
    Here is a link to the 13.8 @ 100mph stock 06 wrx

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...ht=06+wrx+time
    Last edited by scotts05; 03-22-2006 at 11:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.