Ran a Mach 1

This is a discussion on Ran a Mach 1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Driving to my brothers house yesterday I see this beautiful MACH 1 about 3 cars ahead of me, curious to ...

Ran a Mach 1

Driving to my brothers house yesterday I see this beautiful MACH 1 about 3 cars ahead of me, curious to see what my few new mods were capable of I tried to catch up to him, when I finally caught up to him he had the same thing on his mind and punched it when I got next to him(I was in fourth) and I have to tell you he put about 4 cars on me(GOD I MISS MY INTAKE MANIFOLD!! stock top end sucks balls in these cars!) But we caught a red light together and had time to talk he said his car was running headers,exhaust and pulleys and I told my mods and after we were done giving each other compliments he asked if I wanted to run again when the light turned green I told why not because I wanted to see what she could do from a launch, light turned green and I dumped it at around 5500-6000 rpm and quickly put 2 cars on him he never caught up after that but it was good to see what the new car and mods could do and what needs to be done to get it to where I want it! The guy was cool as sh$t I wish there were more guys like that around here!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

GOD I MISS MY INTAKE MANIFOLD!! !!!!
    ??
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

IDK if an intake manifold would give you 4 cars back, unless it had a wet shot plumbed into it. Sounds like you have an ordinary WRX and if that's he case maybe get more tuning and a GT series turbo to give you back that precious atmosphere you lost.

Mach 1's aren't all that fast, I could immagine what a 03-04 Cobra would do to you.
    Got no religion; don't need no friends
    Got all I want and I don't need to pretend
    Don't try to reach me 'cos I'll tear up your mind
    I've seen the future and I've left it behind

Quote Originally Posted by Supernaut
    IDK if an intake manifold would give you 4 cars back, unless it had a wet shot plumbed into it. Sounds like you have an ordinary WRX and if that's he case maybe get more tuning and a GT series turbo to give you back that precious atmosphere you lost.

Mach 1's aren't all that fast, I could immagine what a 03-04 Cobra would do to you.
    From his screen name, I think he has an STi, probably an 04.
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

I Support ClubWRX

Vol. 4! I had that LP! You know ... vinyl.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by BillFromTR
    From his screen name, I think he has an STi, probably an 04.
    I am an idiot, thanks for pointing that out. Even then I would say add like a 20G, a VF34 Chokes at sea lvl, I can only immagine with a 20% loss in atmosphere.
    Got no religion; don't need no friends
    Got all I want and I don't need to pretend
    Don't try to reach me 'cos I'll tear up your mind
    I've seen the future and I've left it behind

Sounds like a couple of good runs. The Mach 1s are pretty good matches for the STi. However, if he put 4 cars on you on the roll, I think he may have a little more than what he said, at least a tune or something probably. It is good to see you got a new STi, I hope thios one will be as nice for you as the last one.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

I know a intake manifold wouldn't have given me 4 cars back! on my last STI I ran a Magnus intake manifold and netted 35hp to the wheels on the top end so yes you are right it wouldn't have given me 4 cars but it would of put me alittle closer!

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Sounds like a couple of good runs. The Mach 1s are pretty good matches for the STi. However, if he put 4 cars on you on the roll, I think he may have a little more than what he said, at least a tune or something probably. It is good to see you got a new STi, I hope thios one will be as nice for you as the last one.

The guy was cool, he did have smerk on his face when he was telling me his mods, are runs were from 60mph so you know he already had me on the top end, but I had him from a dig which made me feel alittle better! I hope this one will be as fun as my last but with a baby on the way I might not be able to go as extreme as before but who knows!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1quick04sti
    The guy was cool, he did have smerk on his face when he was telling me his mods, are runs were from 60mph so you know he already had me on the top end, but I had him from a dig which made me feel alittle better! I hope this one will be as fun as my last but with a baby on the way I might not be able to go as extreme as before but who knows!!!
    Yeah he probably had something else then. Good luck with the baby, I hope the little poop machine doesn't curtail your habit too much.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

[QUOTE=1quick04sti]I know a intake manifold wouldn't have given me 4 cars back! on my last STI I ran a Magnus intake manifold and netted 35hp to the wheels on the top end so yes you are right it wouldn't have given me 4 cars but it would of put me alittle closer![/QUOT

hmm...35awhp from a intake manifold?...sorry
    Cobb Stage 2