AWD 1st Gen Talon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on AWD 1st Gen Talon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I pulled up next to this AWD TSI tonite and the dude was all like "wanna go?" Heather was ...

AWD 1st Gen Talon

So I pulled up next to this AWD TSI tonite and the dude was all like "wanna go?" Heather was in the car with me... I was like "sure, why not" and he was like "well we gotta go from at least 70 though" (I'm thinking, why would he want to take me up top?) So we get on the exit ramp to get onto the highway and he gets in front of me... his tags were "V8NGTMR" (v8 nightmare).... lol.... so we get next to eachother at 70.... 3 honks... and by 95 he's about a good 2 cars behind me... lol.... we hit it a few more times, and he finally bowed down his head and gave me the thumbs up for being faster.... I thought his tags were funny though He had a nice sounding BOV and exhaust though... those 1gens are pretty quick.
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, I don't know why he would want to race you from roll

Maybe it was a FWD model? Nice run though!
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    So I pulled up next to this AWD TSI tonite and the dude was all like "wanna go?" Heather was in the car with me... I was like "sure, why not" and he was like "well we gotta go from at least 70 though" (I'm thinking, why would he want to take me up top?) So we get on the exit ramp to get onto the highway and he gets in front of me... his tags were "V8NGTMR" (v8 nightmare).... lol.... so we get next to eachother at 70.... 3 honks... and by 95 he's about a good 2 cars behind me... lol.... we hit it a few more times, and he finally bowed down his head and gave me the thumbs up for being faster.... I thought his tags were funny though He had a nice sounding BOV and exhaust though... those 1gens are pretty quick.

if it was an awd he doesnt deserve the car....what was he thinking not going from a dig

good kill though...

He probably had a nice big turbo and thought it'd be strong enough to beat a Vette's topend. Nice kill, would've been nice to see how it went from a dig though.

More than likely was a fwd
    - Local Riceist

Peachypumpkincheeks

Nice kill!!!

Man, too bad you didn't get it on video, woulda been awesome to see.

But with the vette's nittos, the frumadig woulda been pretty sweet too.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

i got killed once by a stock looking 1st gen. then i found out that his car does low 11s in the 1/4 DOH
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

kind of a toss up with those cars, sometimes they're flying, but more often than not it's someone with an exhaust that thinks they're flyin.

What shocked me the most is now the top 100 DSM timeslips are all in the 10s!!!!

What's more, the top 30 are in the 9s!!!

I remember "back in the day" when 13s would put you among the top 50.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Yea they're nice little cars...4G63 is a nice engine and they make cheap power. I was told that you could get an awd turbo dsm into the 12s w about 1,000 in parts.. I was considering one before I got my RS, but decided against it since I like the Subbies.

The only thing though... 90% of those cars couldn't pull those times on 93 octane... they all just go to the track... crank up to 32psi and put race gas in.... so it's not quite what they run on the street.... the other thing is... a dsm ..... and their transmissions NEVER hold
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

They can if they're running meth injection.

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    The only thing though... 90% of those cars couldn't pull those times on 93 octane... they all just go to the track... crank up to 32psi and put race gas in.... so it's not quite what they run on the street.... the other thing is... a dsm ..... and their transmissions NEVER hold
    I used to have 94 AWD Talon... Worst car I have ever owned...
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

good run, too bad it was from a roll. my 92 AWD runs 12.5's all day long on pump gas 91oct, and still pulls my STi in the top end. all w/ about $15k in motor and tranny, total sleeper, catted, and decammed too, plus my fiance drives it to and from work and still gets 25-30 mpg.

Yeah; while they may not be the perfect car, DSMs (esp. 1g's) are good cars. I should know - I've owned a half dozen by now, plus a Galant VR4 and an 89 Mirage turbo. If you buy one 10+ years old and expect it to be like new, especially not knowing its upkeep, well that's your fault.

I never broke a transmission, though I did snap a shift fork due to a missing stop on the shifter assembly but that wasn't the tranny's fault. Most people don't do the timing belt on time, skip out replacing the tensioner or water pump, or anything else that could be described as "slack" maintainance. Don't blame the car, blame the owner!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast