just got beat by a 350z - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on just got beat by a 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx what do you drive?mods? 02 bugeye wrx. Power mods = vf22 @ 18psi, all supporting fuel ...

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    what do you drive?mods?
    02 bugeye wrx. Power mods = vf22 @ 18psi, all supporting fuel mods, ecutek, helix up and downpipe, gruppe-s v2 header, borla hush, etc.
    Great spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Gas, grass, or ass. Nobody rides for free.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

saw a super clean white G35 6-speed on the freeway the other day...( lipped wheels, break upgrade, suspension, exhaust, skyline decals...) and what do i see behind the front airdam? a beautiful intercooler...id like to see how that felt to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by deadwithoutyou
    saw a super clean white G35 6-speed on the freeway the other day...( lipped wheels, break upgrade, suspension, exhaust, skyline decals...) and what do i see behind the front airdam? a beautiful intercooler...id like to see how that felt to drive.
    I saw probably the best looking 350Z i have ever layed eyes on 3 years ago at the local drags, it had some sort of body kit on it deep dish rims really low to the ground and it had either a greddy or hks twin turbo kit, not sure what one. The sad thing is, that he ran it at least 5 times and his best run was a 13.3.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid-X
    02 bugeye wrx. Power mods = vf22 @ 18psi, all supporting fuel mods, ecutek, helix up and downpipe, gruppe-s v2 header, borla hush, etc.

very nice, stage 4ish wrx should definitely have no problem with a 350z. 350z is comparable to a stage 2 rex, a little faster or slower depending on driver. In my expirience it was a little slower.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lo_jack

Has anyone tried one past 70 for any good bit of time, or speed? I would be interested to know the turbo 4 handles a modern N/A v6 in the higher speeds.
    I ran a G35c 6speed that had 350Z intake, plenum spacer, full exhaust (common mods for G35c) against my WRX which at the time only had up/dp combo. We ran from ~65 upto 110/115 on the freeway and I lost by about 3 or 4 car lengths
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    cobb stage 2 wrx and 350z are pretty much the same speed(unless its auto). Its just the 350z has linear torque so the kick in of a turbo car feels alot faster.
    yes, thank you for bringing that up. I have driven both a 350Z and G35c in 6speed form and although they do not "feel" as fast as wrx that is only because the power is very linear and consistant and does not have that extra turbo kick the wrx does. The 350Z and G35c are both faster than a stock wrx and stage1 wrx though. It is just a different feeling of power.
    Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    The 350Z and G35c are both faster than a stock wrx and stage1 wrx though. It is just a different feeling of power.
    And thought it's difficult to admit, it's almost a boring powerband. With my G it was almost like I kept waiting for something to happen; then I'd look down at my speedo and go, oh, wow, I'm already going 60. But it's not the same high that you get from forced induction.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    And thought it's difficult to admit, it's almost a boring powerband. With my G it was almost like I kept waiting for something to happen; then I'd look down at my speedo and go, oh, wow, I'm already going 60. But it's not the same high that you get from forced induction.

+1

My friends Z doesn't seem nearly as fast as I expected. After he drove another friends Stage 2 wrx, he said that it feels fast but when he looked down he was expecting to be going a lot faster.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

i raced a buddies Z from a 40 roll and beat him by a half car until i let out at 120. all i had was headers, uppipe and an open downpipe( way to loud!!!). of course stock he would put several cars on me easy.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Precisely.

It is a give and take though. I like the pull once the turbo kicks in, but on the other hand, you have to wait for that power, whereas on the G and Z it is there instantly.
    I think with the 350Z I expected more of a "surge" due to the whole "pure sport car" thing.. However, with the G35c 6spd I was pleasently suprised with how strong it felt... A car like that needs linear power to help retain that luxury/upper class feeling.

The argument is basically the linear, yet strong power of the G/Z and the no-low-end but nice burst from the boosted wrx. The way I see it is to just turbo or blow the G/Z and call it a day. Best of all worlds

This guy has the right idea:
    Last edited by DTR rex; 02-15-2006 at 11:59 PM.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Precisely.

It is a give and take though. I like the pull once the turbo kicks in, but on the other hand, you have to wait for that power, whereas on the G and Z it is there instantly.
    I think with the 350Z I expected more of a "surge" due to the whole "pure sport car" thing.. However, with the G35c 6spd I was pleasently suprised with how strong it felt... A car like that needs linear power to help retain that luxury/upper class feeling.

The argument is basically the linear, yet strong power of the G/Z and the no-low-end but nice burst from the boosted wrx. The way I see it is to just turbo or blow the G/Z and call it a day. Best of all worlds

This guy has the right idea:
    Sweet looking car but isn't it close to $5k for a turbo kit on a 305Z/G35?
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    It costs around 10k at Godspeed to get everything done. Pretty sure it includes the turbo kit/install/tune.
    Cobb Stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Yep...upgrades that net any substantial gains on the 350/G35 are quite expensive. But I'll agree with what Donnie said; boost that engine and the combination of G luxury and hp would be awesome!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    More actually.

However, with the TT setup's that are available you are looking at an easy 350-375whp and you can get a supercharger for the car for much cheaper than the turbo, it makes good power, and the power is very linear and quite reliable.
    Just call me Clark Kent

I get the luxury of drivin either one when i want cuz my mom jus bought a G35 black with chrome 19s. It looks sick but i have to say my rex is def. funner to drive and since hers is a autostick i can take up till about 65 then she..haha...thats lame...pulls me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123