Stage II wrx Vs Modded Legacy GT
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage II wrx Vs Modded Legacy GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I ran into a really mean legacy GT that i found out later put down 280+awhp and 320awt, i met ...

Stage II wrx Vs Modded Legacy GT

I ran into a really mean legacy GT that i found out later put down 280+awhp and 320awt, i met up with him and talked to him that is how i got the exact numbers. We did a couple runs on the highway a few starting from 75 or so till a little over 100mph and another starting from 50 or so till about 110mph. The legacys torque was overwhelming and he would pull on me right away, i would say he put about 2.5 cars on me in all the races, not that bad considering the amount of power he is putting down. He told me he ran a 12.7@106mph i believe. I would use his name but im not sure if he wants me talking about the race or not so i will just leave it at that. Very mean legacy GT.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 02-13-2006 at 02:50 PM.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice death...one of my best friends from highschool bought a 2005 LGT. It is completely stock, but he has taken be for some rides in it and its pretty damn quick. I would be curious as to how a Stage 2 wrx would hold against a stock LGT. Anyone??
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex
    Nice death...one of my best friends from highschool bought a 2005 LGT. It is completely stock, but he has taken be for some rides in it and its pretty damn quick. I would be curious as to how a Stage 2 wrx would hold against a stock LGT. Anyone??
    your friend must bag a lot of groceries!

given equal drivers a Stage 2 WRX will slightly edge out an LGT, but not by much.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy

given equal drivers a Stage 2 WRX will slightly edge out an LGT, but not by much.
    Judging by my race, a stage II wrx shouldn't have much problem with a stock LGT, this legacy gt was far from stock, putting down nearly 100 more awhp over stock. I believe a stock LGT runs low low 14s@96mph while a stage II wrx runs mid 13s@100mph.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Did he tell you what all was done to the LGT?

Quote Originally Posted by SCWRX
    Did he tell you what all was done to the LGT?
    STI Turbo/Intercooler, fully catless exhaust no mufflers, and a pro-tune.

That narrows it down quite a bit if you read the LGT board

Anyway, there are others running similar times still on the stock turbo -- usually it takes either a FMIC or full exhaust (both would be better) to dip into the 12s with no other hardware.

The 2.5 really has a ton of untapped potential. From the factory it's stuck with a quick-responding but too-small turbo that causes top end power to drop off badly. All it takes is any turbo capable of keeping it pressurized to redline (the FP Green does a great job and is still really responsive) to make massive numbers without stressing the engine.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy

he isnt in highschool at the moment...he was my best friend in highschool--6 years ago-- sorry if I wasnt clear about that.

Wow...thats all? slightly edge out a stock LGT..im kind of dissapointed
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex
    he isnt in highschool at the moment...he was my best friend in highschool--6 years ago-- sorry if I wasnt clear about that.

Wow...thats all? slightly edge out a stock LGT..im kind of dissapointed
    Like i said before a Stage II wrx shouldn't have much trouble with a stock LGT, a stock LGT puts down around 200awhp a stage II wrx puts down around 230awhp. The best stage II wrx time i have seen was a 13.1@103mph (best time), the best stock LGT time i have seen was a 13.9@97mph (best time), i would say the average stage II wrx runs13.6@100mph or so and the average stock LGT runs 14.3@96mph which indicates to me that a stage II wrx isn't going to have much of a problem with a stock LGT. The stage II wrx will probably walk a LGT just as the LGT walked me, it won't be a horrible beating, but it will be obvious what car is faster.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 02-14-2006 at 09:38 PM.

Best LGT (spec B in this case) from mags is now 0-60 in 5.1 and 1/4 mile in 13.7 @99.2

Yeah the legacies are really coming into light as people are learning how to drive them. From a rated 5.8 to 60 from the factory some are able to get 5.1 0-60 times out of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Beanboy
    Best LGT (spec B in this case) from mags is now 0-60 in 5.1 and 1/4 mile in 13.7 @99.2
    Wow and i thought the spec B would just be a tad slower since it has some extra comfort goodies but no extra power.

I ran in to a Legacy GT with what looked like a borla hush exhaust but everything else pretty much stock. When the traffic cleared he was about a car infront of me I know he was going to punch it, we were going like 30 at the time I dropped to 2nd and passed him at the end of the second gear, he was a young kid maybe 20 years old at them most so I know he was punching it. I am stg2.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

I guarantee he was not in the right gear as you would not walk a stock Legacy GT.

i had a stage 1 LGT and it was pretty fast. stage 1 is 290ish hp and 305 ft lbs. stage 2 is 305 hp and 345 ft lbs,....and they probably have better gearing than the WRX...

i have had a stage 1 2005 wrx and stage 1 2005 LGT.

LGT's are pretty mean even stock. i raced a stock STI in my stage 1 LGT and it didnt really put that much room on me. I didnt win, but stayed with him pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.