Modded EVO vs. STi

This is a discussion on Modded EVO vs. STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; His mods: Cams (272?), catless TBE, Injen I/C pipes, HKS intake, AVCR, and a tune. My mods: Basically Stg2 + ...

Modded EVO vs. STi

His mods: Cams (272?), catless TBE, Injen I/C pipes, HKS intake, AVCR, and a tune.

My mods: Basically Stg2 + meth injection + FMIC + tune

We had raced before I got tuned for the FMIC & meth injection. Then we went from a 10mph roll and were even up till 80 when he pulled a car on me and I couldn't gain it back. This time we first went from a 55mph roll and I botched my first shift and he gained on me but I started reeling him back in. Let off around 90, it was a short run. Second run was from a 10mph roll and I pulled a half a car on him and kept it up till 100mph. This Saturday he gets a meth kit & a ported 02 housing and a custom tune so I'll be playing catch up once again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

your post is confusing but I'm a bit slow in the head, so maybe it's not... but it got me

I have the exact same mods +MBC with my 05 Evo RS as your friend and my buddy at work has basically the same as you with his STI

I beat him from 1st gear roll to 120mph by 1 length. His clutch was ready to go, so no launch

He was pretty upset at how much money he sunk compared to my under $3000

from your post is sounds like he got you 2-3 times and you say when he gets his new mods he'll catch up once again?

when your mods are even, when he gets his meth kit and tune, he should wax you since he already beat you 2-3 times when you were running meth and he wasnt. He'll be putting out more power then you no doubt

Yah but we don't have cruise control so it all balances out...

Sorry, let me clarify....we raced a few weeks ago & he beat me. I got tuned for my meth kit and I beat him when we raced last night. This Saturday he gets a meth kit and a tune so I'll be playing catch up again.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobie1
    His mods: Cams (272?), catless TBE, Injen I/C pipes, HKS intake, AVCR, and a tune.

My mods: Basically Stg2 + meth injection + FMIC + tune

We had raced before I got tuned for the FMIC & meth injection. Then we went from a 10mph roll and were even up till 80 when he pulled a car on me and I couldn't gain it back. This time we first went from a 55mph roll and I botched my first shift and he gained on me but I started reeling him back in. Let off around 90, it was a short run. Second run was from a 10mph roll and I pulled a half a car on him and kept it up till 100mph. This Saturday he gets a meth kit & a ported 02 housing and a custom tune so I'll be playing catch up once again.

METH is the **** and is my choice very soon. On a stock turbo Evo it doesn't add too much WHP, like 30-40WHP, but it gains like 80 Foot pounds of torque at like 3500RPMS .

Also timing is jumped like 10 points across the board, it is sick.

Is there anyone who offeres cams for the STI? I mean those 272's absolutely flow air, they are used in 9 second cars.

Any cams anywhere for an STI?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilEvoVIII
    METH is the **** and is my choice very soon. On a stock turbo Evo it doesn't add too much WHP, like 30-40WHP, but it gains like 80 Foot pounds of torque at like 3500RPMS .

Also timing is jumped like 10 points across the board, it is sick.

Is there anyone who offeres cams for the STI? I mean those 272's absolutely flow air, they are used in 9 second cars.

Any cams anywhere for an STI?
    Yes there are cams for the STI but they are a huge PITA to install. I think you pretty much have to pull the motor out, at least halfway to give yourself room to work. Meth really is the ****, my STI (stock turbo) put down 365ft lbs recently while being tuned at Topspeed in GA.