Done In By a DSM
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Done In By a DSM within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving home from work last week and a nice looking red Eclipse gets next to me at a ...

Done In By a DSM

I was driving home from work last week and a nice looking red Eclipse gets next to me at a stoplight. I knew I was at a disadvantage because I had a passenger (my wife), my engine is still not fully broken in (about 750 miles on it), and I am still running the stock EM (not my fault, guys, I'm buying an AP first thing when I get my tax refund). The Eclipse had some mods. I could see a good size intercooler, a carbon fiber hood, gauges everywhere, and it had an exhaust. Anyhow, he went for it and so did I. He got the jump because I launched (well not really launched) at about 2500 and feathered the clutch a bit. He pulled about a door on me through first. My car pulled pretty good from about 3500 on, but I shifted to second at about 5500 and he pulled a bit more. He had about a car on me in third so I let him go. We were heading the same direction and when I got next to him again we waved and thumbs-upped.

Over all, I was not disappointed with the performance of my WRX, seeing as I was kind of babying it. I'll be more agressive when the motor is fully broken in and I'll probably run this guy again one of these days. I'm not going to go looking for races, but if they come, you'll be the first to know!
    "I drove like my mother in the first stage" Gigi Galli, WRC driver, Mitsubishi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Go stg2 and this will be the outcome next time.....I was just minding my own business at a stoplight when I noticed late 90s dsm pull up next to me loud exhaust, guages (and from the outcome apparently only so), we were on the hill to he would bop up and down so I knew he was stick. Anyways, at green I proceeded slowly at first but shifted at 4k to second so he saw me when my boost hit, and he thought I was trying to race him. Well when he got to about my rear door i punched in second and started to walk'em, and then I noticed he left off . It was kind of funny becasue I got him to bite and then he realized that he made a mistake, the race was over in a flash.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

I can't believe the number of crap DSMs on the road these days. There was a time that a FMIC on a DSM meant you were about to see some serious sh*t. Now it just means the owner got a good deal off ebay and added it to his otherwise-stock car.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    I can't believe the number of crap DSMs on the road these days. There was a time that a FMIC on a DSM meant you were about to see some serious sh*t. Now it just means the owner got a good deal off ebay and added it to his otherwise-stock car.
    pretty much.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

i wish i could find a clean GSX..bastards are nowhere to be found ...the only ones even remotley close to me that end up for sale are automatics....

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    There was a time that a FMIC on a DSM meant you were about to see some serious sh*t.
    You got that right. I still to this day would take a highly modded clean AWD 1G over many, many cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Torkey
    i wish i could find a clean GSX..bastards are nowhere to be found ...the only ones even remotley close to me that end up for sale are automatics....

you should have bought my CLEAN 97 GSX
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

You raced with your wife in the car? You're my hero!
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Yeah, she's a good co-driver when she's not screaming and calling me names in Cebuano.
    "I drove like my mother in the first stage" Gigi Galli, WRC driver, Mitsubishi.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.