stock wrx vs turbo diesel 2500

This is a discussion on stock wrx vs turbo diesel 2500 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; lol yes, last night some **** in a pick up truck cuts me off on the way home from a ...

Angry stock wrx vs turbo diesel 2500

lol yes, last night some **** in a pick up truck cuts me off on the way home from a friends house. One of my friends were in the car with me and said, oh dang you should race him. i was like no man its a pick up truck. so anyways we end up lineing up at a stock light and he when i turns green he hauls ass. i was planning to pass him, but the damn truck was as fast as my car, i could not pull on him at all. i thought it was pretty funny and my friend who has who was in the car(who owns a cobra) laughted at me and told everyone, any ways i was pretty pissed now want to upgrade my car. damn i should of just dropped the clutch and owned him but i didnt think it would of need all that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow does that suck
    Blobeye Syndicate # 77
    New England F4
    2005 PSM WRX (COBB Stage 2)

diesels can make insane power for little money. there are a few quick ones around where i live.
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

Those big diesels can really move if the mods are done right to them. You didn't get your launch and lost your advantage to that pig. I have seen a few with 700+ HP, they can be a handful.

Was he blowing black smoke all over the place?
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Yep, properly prepared diesels can really move. 14.0s are usually easy to get; after that it starts costing money but their engines can handle some serious power with just bolt-ons.

I had some guys in a modded diesel try to teach me a lesson at a light. I was in my old car though, and I did launch it, and it wasn't pretty for them. I think it was fair -- my old car weighed 4070 lbs with me in it
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

there was some smoke coming out the back but it was pretty dark and it wasnt as much as ive seen from some of the other diesel trucks around my town.

some of those diesels can haul ass. I saw one run at the track last year that was cutting mid - low 11's all day, and it towed a car to the track.

Yeah I hate when guys in trucks think they can "suprise the little import" by taking off.

I just do a little bit of a launch, have never had a problem in my 06.

Of course, the 3000GT is not even in the same ball park as those trucks.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN91709
    diesels can make insane power for little money. there are a few quick ones around where i live.
    yes, the turbo diesels can make insane power with proper mods. (turbo swap, fuel system, chip, full exhaust, blah blah)

I had a Big Ford Desiel hauling a big quad in the back give me a run for my money on the highway. I was stage II at the time.

But after watching Trucks and seeing Stacy pull over 600whp with boltons I don't feel so bad.

Check out http://www.bullydog.com they have some insane stuff for trucks.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods