stg 2 vs. 96 vortech charged stang gt - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on stg 2 vs. 96 vortech charged stang gt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Juice33 Your 18g WRX is faster than your KB Cobra? That is very surprising. Tommy's 18g WRX ...

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Your 18g WRX is faster than your KB Cobra? That is very surprising.

Tommy's 18g WRX put down like 330 whp or so, I would expect that KB to be putting down at least 580 to the wheels on a conservative tune.
    There is NO 18G WRX that is faster then a KB Cobra.

End of Story.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
    i got no problem with them with my tune 18g and lots of toys i give they a run, last time i was at a dyno i put like 375whp at 17psi if i was at 24psi and race gass i am well over 400who i mean i know cobras a fast as all hell, but some wrx's can give them a run i was also at the track at sac this week and rac a mid 11 lol so i am not slow at all. o and just to let u know i also have a 98 cobra with a kenny bell, so i do like mustangs!
    18g? 375whp? @ 17psi?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fdb6cb6c.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by scottd
    18g? 375whp? @ 17psi?
    He must have that 6.0L WRX engine

Quote Originally Posted by STI-51
    Actually, it's the Ford and all other RWD muscle car guys that have a lot to learn, like there is more to driving than straight-line performance and only being able to drive in IDEAL conditions. Can't wait to see all the mustangs lining up to race me in tonight's blizzard!!!
    Umm, wasn't this thread about straight line performance? And if you are racing anything (aside from snowmobiles) in a blizzard you are an idiot.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    There is NO 18G WRX that is faster then a KB Cobra.

End of Story.

I agree, but I guess if the Cobra just spins (or even worse wheel hops) off the line the 18g has a decent chance. But for just balls out speed the KB Cobra is tough to beat for car.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Umm, wasn't this thread about straight line performance? And if you are racing anything (aside from snowmobiles) in a blizzard you are an idiot.
    Actually no, the thread topic was as follows: "stg 2 vs. 96 vortech charged stang gt." Nowhere in the title does it refer to SL performance... and regarding your second comment, I construe that as a backdown Back to my original point, muscle cars are only driveable in ideal conditions. So just because someone lost to a cobra in an STi does not mean he/she has a lot to learn. I learned a lot before buying my STi, one of the lessons being not to buy a Ford!
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

Actually no, the thread topic was as follows: "stg 2 vs. 96 vortech charged stang gt." Nowhere in the title does it refer to SL performance... and regarding your second comment, I construe that as a backdown Back to my original point, muscle cars are only driveable in ideal conditions. So just because someone lost to a cobra in an STi does not mean he/she has a lot to learn. I learned a lot before buying my STi, one of the lessons being not to buy a Ford!
    Tell me again how they raced. In a straight line, correct? Hence, the thread is about racing in a stright line. Don't be an idiot and make up excuses, because that is lame. And I will reiterate, racing in a blizzard is stupid, so your scenario is bogus. Muscle cars are drivable in any condition, if you have the right tires and know how to drive. I have seen KB Cobras with 590 rwhp drive in the snow with snow tires. He has a lot to learn because he thought a stage 2 sti or wrx (it doesn't matter which one) was going to be able to hang with a built and blown stang in a straight line, are you too much of a fanboy to see that he had no chance? Stop making excuses for the Subaru, it lost this race, accept it and move on. I know you need to justify your purchase in some way, but making excuses is not the way to do it.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning

Tell me again how they raced. In a straight line, correct? Hence, the thread is about racing in a stright line. Don't be an idiot and make up excuses, because that is lame. And I will reiterate, racing in a blizzard is stupid, so your scenario is bogus. Muscle cars are drivable in any condition, if you have the right tires and know how to drive. I have seen KB Cobras with 590 rwhp drive in the snow with snow tires. He has a lot to learn because he thought a stage 2 sti or wrx (it doesn't matter which one) was going to be able to hang with a built and blown stang in a straight line, are you too much of a fanboy to see that he had no chance? Stop making excuses for the Subaru, it lost this race, accept it and move on. I know you need to justify your purchase in some way, but making excuses is not the way to do it.
    I don't see why it's necessary to start making personal attacks at me by calling me idiot and fanboy. For that matter, only an idiot could not detect sarcasm about racing in the snow as this is obviously not a practice I perform nor condone. None of my comments were indicative of excuses. Based on the price of an STi, I could have gotten a cobra if I wanted even knowing it is faster in a SL (although only on completely dry, warm pavement).

I don't see why it's necessary to start making personal attacks at me by calling me idiot and fanboy. For that matter, only an idiot could not detect sarcasm about racing in the snow as this is obviously not a practice I perform nor condone. None of my comments were indicative of excuses. Based on the price of an STi, I could have gotten a cobra if I wanted even knowing it is faster in a SL (although only on completely dry, warm pavement).
    You're definitely being an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalNuke
    Thank you...
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalNuke
    Good comeback genius!

Why does the snow/rain argument always come up in these threads? You can make the same argument against vettes, vipers, bmw's, ferarris, lotus, etc, since they're rwd and won't perform well in the snow either.

It reminds of this wrx dude I met at the track who lost to a pretty quick 350Z, and afterwards said the same thing; something like "he should try racing me in the rain and see what happens". It really made him look like a sore loser.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Reminds me a lot of neons wanting to run from a roll...

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG
    Why does the snow/rain argument always come up in these threads? You can make the same argument against vettes, vipers, bmw's, ferarris, lotus, etc, since they're rwd and won't perform well in the snow either.

It reminds of this wrx dude I met at the track who lost to a pretty quick 350Z, and afterwards said the same thing; something like "he should try racing me in the rain and see what happens". It really made him look like a sore loser.
    because either from a stop or in bad weather where traction is limited, AWD holds an advantage over all else.

in all other situations though, AWD is a disadvantage.

Good comeback genius!
    Um... That was the first thing the dude said to you.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.