stg 2 vs. 96 vortech charged stang gt - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on stg 2 vs. 96 vortech charged stang gt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by MagikMan That's common misconception... people think that since I have a big v8 my gas mileage sux. ...

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    That's common misconception... people think that since I have a big v8 my gas mileage sux. The other day I was talking with this guy and his civic... and he was like well I still get 30mpg. I was like, on the highway I average 29-32 mpg, and he didn't believe me. Today's v8's are much more efficient than the old
    yes, but you just made a common misconception yourself by assuming that most large V8's are alike. Your vette is able to average mid-high 20's with highway MPG's, but that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the car that was originally brought up... A Ford GT, which averages about 15mpg on a good day.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Oh man you have a lot to learn...
    i got no problem with them with my tune 18g and lots of toys i give they a run, last time i was at a dyno i put like 375whp at 17psi if i was at 24psi and race gass i am well over 400who i mean i know cobras a fast as all hell, but some wrx's can give them a run i was also at the track at sac this week and rac a mid 11 lol so i am not slow at all. o and just to let u know i also have a 98 cobra with a kenny bell, so i do like mustangs!

Quote Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
    i got no problem with them with my tune 18g and lots of toys i give they a run

i got no problem with them with my tune 18g and lots of toys i give they a run, last time i was at a dyno i put like 375whp at 17psi if i was at 24psi and race gass i am well over 400who i mean i know cobras a fast as all hell, but some wrx's can give them a run i was also at the track at sac this week and rac a mid 11 lol so i am not slow at all. o and just to let u know i also have a 98 cobra with a kenny bell, so i do like mustangs!
    What you said is true, and I know there are some fast SUbies, I had an STi, my buddy has a 400 awhp STi and a few other friends have 300+ awhp WRXs. I was just reffering to general ignorance in the original post. Read his post, he is acting like schmuck and seems like the typical. "imports rulle all" meat head that thinks they can whoop Stangs, LS1s and anything else American like it is no thing. There is no way a stage II will hang with a built and blown stang, yet he is disgusted that he lost to a Ford. Believe me, I know of plenty of fast subies.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

What you said is true, and I know there are some fast SUbies, I had an STi, my buddy has a 400 awhp STi and a few other friends have 300+ awhp WRXs. I was just reffering to general ignorance in the original post. Read his post, he is acting like schmuck and seems like the typical. "imports rulle all" meat head that thinks they can whoop Stangs, LS1s and anything else American like it is no thing. There is no way a stage II will hang with a built and blown stang, yet he is disgusted that he lost to a Ford. Believe me, I know of plenty of fast subies.

ok cool i know somewtimes it sux i have an import and a kb cobra and sometimes i don't know what i like more i mewan my wrx is alot fatser but their is just something about the sound of that kb lol

i defentely didn't expect a win. I just wanted to see how I would do

I Support ClubWRX
    Hmmm ... a forced induction four cylinder engine vs. a forced induction eight cylinder engine.

Just what were you expecting?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    Quote Originally Posted by tacomaboy138
    heh heh...it's ok, the Ford GT will be out of gas a couple miles down the road, at which point you will point and laugh!!! LOL
    That's common misconception... people think that since I have a big v8 my gas mileage sux. The other day I was talking with this guy and his civic... and he was like well I still get 30mpg. I was like, on the highway I average 29-32 mpg, and he didn't believe me. Today's v8's are much more efficient than the old
    This was already pointed out but what the heck does your V8 with a completely different car bolted to it (i.e. not a Ford GT) have to do with what he said? In the case of the Ford GT, no, it isn't a fuel efficient V8-equipped car. Also, your fuel efficiency has a lot to do with your gearing. Out of curiosity, how many RPMs are you turning at say 75mph on the highway?

Just for fun...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gas.JPG  
    Last edited by Digitalfiend; 02-10-2006 at 11:48 PM.
    2005 Aspen White STi

16 MPG combined is actually really good considering the massive amount of car crushing horsepower that the FordGT is throwing down..

id rock it!
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    16 MPG combined is actually really good considering the massive amount of car crushing horsepower that the FordGT is throwing down..

id rock it!
    Don't forget the massive amount of tourque too! lol

HOnestly, the Ford GT should never be mentioned in the same post as any of these cars. It is just a completely badass machine, that costs a lot of money.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

ok cool i know somewtimes it sux i have an import and a kb cobra and sometimes i don't know what i like more i mewan my wrx is alot fatser but their is just something about the sound of that kb lol
    Your 18g WRX is faster than your KB Cobra? That is very surprising.

Tommy's 18g WRX put down like 330 whp or so, I would expect that KB to be putting down at least 580 to the wheels on a conservative tune.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning

Your 18g WRX is faster than your KB Cobra? That is very surprising.

Tommy's 18g WRX put down like 330 whp or so, I would expect that KB to be putting down at least 580 to the wheels on a conservative tune.
    i did not think that is sound right, but i have better times with the wrx, yes the kb is pushing much more and feels so much faster, i guess it is a v8 thing. it is so hard to tell you what car i like the most, but i have a built block on the wrx. the last time it was dyno was with the vf34 and i have over 300awhp. dont ask how lol that happend with a vf34 lol i guess it was a great tune and race gass helped, i will be getting the crs dynoed again sometime this month and i will post some charts up for you!
    04 wrx
    and the kb cobra!

i did not think that is sound right, but i have better times with the wrx, yes the kb is pushing much more and feels so much faster, i guess it is a v8 thing. it is so hard to tell you what car i like the most, but i have a built block on the wrx. the last time it was dyno was with the vf34 and i have over 300awhp. dont ask how lol that happend with a vf34 lol i guess it was a great tune and race gass helped, i will be getting the crs dynoed again sometime this month and i will post some charts up for you!
    04 wrx
    and the kb cobra!
    Can't wait to see th sheets
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning

Oh man you have a lot to learn...
    Actually, it's the Ford and all other RWD muscle car guys that have a lot to learn, like there is more to driving than straight-line performance and only being able to drive in IDEAL conditions. Can't wait to see all the mustangs lining up to race me in tonight's blizzard!!!
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.