Jetta VR6 - ummm yeah.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Jetta VR6 - ummm yeah. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I was riding home from work like usual. Minding my own business going 85 or so. I usually cruise ...

Jetta VR6 - ummm yeah.

So I was riding home from work like usual. Minding my own business going 85 or so. I usually cruise with the flow of traffic but pass everyone since I can't stand following.

I was cruising along in the passing lane until I caught up to a ~2003 Jetta Coupe VR6. Your standard Black VW w/tinted windows, big chrome aftermaket wheels and a Muffler on it. Even had the whole tinted license plate holder. Whatever...He was going 75 in the fast lane, which to me is annoyingly slow. I waited a few minutes to see if he would move. I don't tailgate....

He wouldn't move, so I decided to pass on the right. This happens to be something I have to do a LOT since I've gotten my WRX. Truck drivers, Audi, BMW, or other sport cars see a wrx and seem like they want to be ****s and not move....anyways..

I pull over and start to pass (not gunning it) and happened to look over. He's your standard college kid with the baseball cap, sunglasses, gangsta leaned etc. He doesn't even look but obviously notices me and guns it....I seriously LAUGHED out loud...then dropped to 4th and let it go. It really wasn't a problem to pull away at all. That part wasn't a race of course...but was funny.

Once I got up in front I pulled in front and then proceeded to slow to my 85mph. He of course now wants to go faster and finds it annoying that I'm in front of him. Why is it thee people won't f***ing move OR speed up, but when you get in front of them they tailgate and swerve back and forth checking traffic to pass you..... Well....It's because the WRX is intimidating and no one likes to be passed by a "ricer" since people tend to classify it as that.

So he pulls back and gets ready to launch when traffic clears on the right. I see this coming so I carefully downshift into 4th and leave it. He pulls back, and then obviously guns it since the inertia rolls the whole car to the back end when he floors it. I wasn't out to BEAT him, but more or less annoy the **** out of him. So I floor it just enough so he can't get by, but not enough to get in front either. I wait until traffic comes up and then slow down just enough that he has to brake and get back behind me....

Needless to say he was slightly pisssed....I was laughing my ass off and had some fun.

Yeah...I'm a ****...but I didn't start it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Lol, sweet man... i love doing that!
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

You did the right thing. I've had similar encounters with Jettas. One punk cut me off and spit at me though his sunroof, without provocation.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

It's interesting you bring this up. I had a Jetta encounter a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure which model it was until I saw it again recently (I was in another vehicle). Some dudes in a Jetta VR6 thought they'd instigate something with me. They weren't able to get beside me at a light so they tried a 60 roll. It turned out pretty bad for them.

I hardly get anybody instigating anything in my plain family sedan, much less people in another 4-door.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Yeah, volkswagen owners can be ****s. Some VW enthusiasts are the worst, they think anything that isnt a veedub garbage, total car-company racists. Ive gotten a few peope who try and race me, but they get left pretty quick, especially 1.8t jettas that think that having a TD-04 or 03 turbo or whatever makes their car haul nuts. They fail to realize that they are pushing like 6 horsepower and couldnt keep up with my reverse gear. VR6s are something to be feared if they are supercharged or turbo'd, but stock they aren't much of a challenge.
    My poor tranny!... someone sell me an aspen white 06 sti.

Mods

ya i was at a light and a gti sprayed my hood with his rear windshield wiper fluid... it was a "custom modification"..
    i was pissed..
    turned out to be a friend of one of my friends who i didnt really know, but he thought we were good friends kinda thing. lol
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

Man! how come you guys get people to do that. I drive my wrx around and no one does that to me. Oh well i guess they either think its slow or to fast for them.
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

nice slap.

My wife drives a vr6 jetta and the strangest thing about it is half throttle is the same as full throttle. So the car seems relatively quick around town, but once you get on the highway, no matter what gear, what speed, half throttle is full throttle. really strange.
    Lit Fuse Kustoms

Extreme 4x4 videos

becareful for some of those, I saw a special model "V6R" Jetta the other day hahaha, I wanted to get next to the kid and tell him he badged his car wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by E-Wrex
    Yeah, subaru owners can be ****s. Some Subie enthusiasts are the worst, they think anything that isnt a scooby garbage, total car-company racists. Ive gotten a few peope who try and race me, but they get left pretty quick, especially 2.0t wrxs that think that having a stock turbo or whatever makes their car haul nuts. They fail to realize that they are pushing like 176 wheel horsepower and couldnt keep up with my reverse gear. STI's are something to be feared if they are modded, but stock they aren't much of a challenge.

Wow, where are you from? If you lived around the captial I could show you a bunch of VW's that could smoke STI's, VR6, 1.8t, or 2.0t 8v. Those are real enthusiast, and they're not ****s about it. Hell, one guy with a VR6t had a new vette z06 provoke him and smoked him 3 times on the highway before the vette owner finally gave up. He was pushing over 400whp though...

and for as much money as it cost to turbo charge or super charge a VR6, you can upgrade the turbo on a 1.8t to a t3/t4 hybrid and push 350whp. I'm sorry you have to run across the "krauters", but the real enthusiast are so much different than that.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

Are we talking about stock STi's?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Are we talking about stock STi's?

and modded. a 400+ whp vr6t jetta will win against a 350whp sti...and of course sti's won't put down that much power without mods.

Even a 350whp 1.8t will win against a modded STI, depending on the extent of the mods....of course it won't win against an sti running over 400 whp...
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

Frumaroll

Eeeeehhh the VW symbol just allows you to prepare for the worse when you try to pass them, since it is almost a given they are going to floor it and make it as dangerous as possible. This is of course followed by tailgating with high beam on.

I am just waiting for word to move out from MA to the VW community that they finally figured out what turn signals are for.... Turning on the left one while hitting the brakes will stop any sane person from passing you.

Drivers wanted indeed.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast